Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 PM

719 posts, read 2,617,326 times

Advertisements

Moral decrepitude has worked it's way through our society. Shame, shame shame. This is essentially rewarding bad behavior, much like the Fed's attempts to bail out the mortgage shysters at Bears Stearns, or the cluless parent in a restaurant asking the unruly kid what he wants for desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 02:03 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
The Jamie Lynn Spears story is very sad. It is not newsworthy and has set a bad example for millions of teens. Not to mention the fact that I am not even familiar with what her work was or is and that the whole story reinforces the trashiness that is the Spears family.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:07 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
While I don't condone glorifing teen pregnacy, it's rough for anyone,
Jamie has lived a public life since she what like what?? conceived?
She might as well put it all out there NOW, then hopefully she can fade into the woodwork. I don't see her mother of the year letting that happen tho.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:48 PM

5 posts, read 9,868 times
Simply stated...

I could care less about the spears family,. but this is the problem. These stars want the fame and want the glory but dont want what comes along with it. Yeah whoo hoo you got pregnate at 17. And I know mom this is going to bother you . But its not rocket science to use protection. I was young and stupid but I always knew to protect myself. Because at that age no child should give birth to a child. They shouldnt even be having sex. I know I was wrong. I should have waited until I met the man I would marry but I didnt. Thats my problem. Putting that girl on a cover only send the message that its ok. I have watch interviews and read alot of articles about girls who want a child.
The fact is. My wonderful mom has taken in children in her home who had parents that werent ready and they where stupid enough not to use something. And who pays for it yeah thats right the kid.

Kids are having sex younger and younger. So I think its time to stop focusing sex education on Dont have sex. and spend sometime teaching the children how to have sex saftly. I am in a online group actually who supports that. Now before a herd of people tell me that if we teach kids how to have sex the safe why we are in fact condoning sex. Well i think you should save your energy. they are gonna go and do it. I feel that they should learn how to do it the safe way. And yes teaching them that sex can wait. And having young mothers come in and talk to them and tell them how hard it is. I just dont think the current sex ed is doing anything.

I remember mine and all it was is explaining the bodys cycles. what a period was. how babies are made.

So thats my thoughts...

Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese7 View Post
The post was about should this celeb who is a teen Mom be on a cover of a magizine with her newborn as if this is a great thing being a teen Mom.
I knew what your post was about as I've seen the magazine, actually bought it when it came out. I usually buy 2 celebrity rags a week, it depends on what is in front of the check out line at what ever store I go to and OK was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese7 View Post
I had heard on the Veiw the other day when they were doing hot topics the subject of Jamie Lynn Spears being on the cover of I think Okay Magazine. The thoughts were was this sending teens the right message having this tenn that is what 16-17 on the cover of this mag. Was it glorifying teen pregnancy? I wondered what others thought. I guess in some way because teens are not realistic to celebs anyway that they may think it was cool to have a baby because she did. Teen look at teen celebs and don't understand that they look great because someone makes them look great. Jamie Lynn Spears will have hired help unlike the teen that will try and graduate and work. I just wondered what others thought as I think we are seeing that these celebs and mosels that look like they weight one oz really do impavt teens that buy magazines and watch them.
I didn't really look as I picked it up, but after getting home was pretty disgusted by the cover:

Moderator cut: edit

OK Magazine - World Exclusive: Meet Baby Maddie!

Headline - Being a mom is the best feeling in the world!

I swear, my jaw hit the floor when I read it. This magazine was in the check out line, how many teens saw it? To say it was in bad taste is putting it mildly.

While I can understand the media's "need" to put her on the cover, they could have waited a week or so and had an interview with her about her 1st weeks as a new mom. She could have used this to her advantage to spread the word that being a mom is hard work, but no, in it she says things like she had the perfect pregnancy & the perfect delivery & what a good baby Maddie is.

Now all of the teens will want one. If she has it so perfect & easy so will they.

Last edited by christina0001; 07-16-2008 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: copyright protected image removed

Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM

897 posts, read 2,824,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
I am in no means saying teen pregnancy is a good thing, but in her case atleast her daughter is going to be in a better place because they have money. It isnt like a mom who lives in poverty and cant afford to properly take care of their child.

Big sister Brittany has lots more money and cannot properly take care of her kids.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 PM

7,913 posts, read 932,573 times
I just read that her mom is goona write a book telling all britney and jamie lynns secrets. Just another money hunger momager.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:17 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
perhaps most teens will watch the show "Baby Borrowers" instead of reading stupid mag rags about how wonderful it is to be a teen mom. It's difficult, at any age to be a new mom. It's difficult..period.....to be a parent. Mrs. Spears should be, in every interview, saying Jamie made a HUGE mistake and now her youth will be spent taking care of a child. Instead she acts like it's all ok and great and wonderful. Sickening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities