Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
LOL, you really dislike Jennifer it seems and won't let up
Some people give to charity---quietly---because they are doing it for all the right reasons. Therefore you have no way of knowing it is being done.
But ok, I'll play along Some,maybe not all of her films include:
Marley & Me
Rock Star
He's Just Not That Into You
Management
Friends With Money
The Break-Up
The Departed
Rumor Has It...
Derailed
Along Came Polly
Bruce Almighty
The Good Girl
Office Space
The Object of My Affection
Picture Perfect

My personal favorite that I can and do watch every chance I get is "The Object of My Affection". Lovely movie.

I did like Object of My Affection. I think may have been the only movie of hers I ever saw. Never watched Friends, just too juvenile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Everytime I see a picture of Jennfier Anniston, I can't for the life of me understand how in the world she became a star. ."
I know this is an old post, but I had nothing better to do , sure she's cute, pretty, but she can't act, seems she acts the same on Leno as with her acting, when I saw Derailed I thought ok, I give her a chance in a drama, nah she don't got it, she just don't compare to Kidman, Renee Zellweger, Julia Roberts or the black gal who played Cuba Goodings wife in Jerry McGuire, that black gal is terrific by the way, I wish I'd see her in some other things, she had me crying. I think this gal could be a winner for an Academy Award actress if they'd place her in the right role.

I'm tired of hearing about Anniston, I think she should just settle for a TV series.

Sorry JA fans we can agree to disagree on this.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinshow View Post
????
Nothing wrong with being a good TV actress. Hasn't hurt Julia Louis Dreyfuss. Wasn't bad for Helen Hunt. Rachel Griffeths is knocking it out of the part on Brothers and Sisters, and the same show has worked wonders for Sally Field. Not to mention Sandra Oh's career boost from Grays Anatomy, or Felicity Huffman on Desperate Housewives.
Jennifer Aniston was a VERY successful TV comedienne. She was lucky to find her niche, most actresses never do. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Lots of good movie actresses too - Cate Blanchette, Hilary Swank, Helen Mirrin, Tilda Swinton, Nicole Kidman (pre-Botox), Charlize Theron. The list is long, and frankly, Jennifer Aniston just isn't in their league. She doesn't have the star power of a Julia Roberts or Keira Knightly either that just jumps out of the screen at you.

All of the above actresses lead pretty quiet, private lives.

Sorry. JA is an actress. Judging her acting ability is perfectly reasonable.
It's not all about comparing her with Jolie.
Agreed, take your niche and go for the ride.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I was with your post all the way up until you threw in the jab at Angelina. Is it possible to discuss JA without dragging Angelina into it?
Right on

Old 03-26-2009, 10:03 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Jennifer is as good as most actresses nowadays and better than others.
Not to be rude but if you feel the inclination to mention someone you feel noteworthy to mention; couldn't you take the time to look up her name instead of calling her "the black gal"? Her name is Regina King, a pretty darn good actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I know this is an old post, but I had nothing better to do , sure she's cute, pretty, but she can't act, seems she acts the same on Leno as with her acting, when I saw Derailed I thought ok, I give her a chance in a drama, nah she don't got it, she just don't compare to Kidman, Renee Zellweger, Julia Roberts or the black gal who played Cuba Goodings wife in Jerry McGuire, that black gal is terrific by the way, I wish I'd see her in some other things, she had me crying. I think this gal could be a winner for an Academy Award actress if they'd place her in the right role.

I'm tired of hearing about Anniston, I think she should just settle for a TV series.

Sorry JA fans we can agree to disagree on this.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM

149 posts, read 830,800 times
Yeah, I don't like her, I just don't care about her, why is she all over the magazine cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Everytime I see a picture of Jennfier Anniston, I can't for the life of me understand how in the world she became a star. She is not attractive in the least. Nothing special about her. I don't think she's a very good actress either. Her face reminds me of the scarecrow from the "Wizard of Oz."

Anybody have any insight why this very, very plain, forgettable woman is worthy of tabloid news? I bet even she wakes up in the morning, looks at herself in the mirror, and wonders, "why me"?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
I think she's cute, I thought she looked her best in Along Came Polly. There are many other female celebrities that have/had their own reality show without a lick of talent...Kimora, Kartrashian, Pamela Lee etc. While these girls are very attractive, they are repulsive as human beings. At least Anniston carries herself with class and dignity.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:04 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
you betcha! She seems a classy chick. No pity party or woe is me or bad talk about armpit..........er I mean Brad Pitt.
She continues to look great! I'm sure a lot of women wouldn't mind looking like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I think she's cute, I thought she looked her best in Along Came Polly. There are many other female celebrities that have/had their own reality show without a lick of talent...Kimora, Kartrashian, Pamela Lee etc. While these girls are very attractive, they are repulsive as human beings. At least Anniston carries herself with class and dignity.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Jennifer is as good as most actresses nowadays and better than others.
Not to be rude but if you feel the inclination to mention someone you feel noteworthy to mention; couldn't you take the time to look up her name instead of calling her "the black gal"? Her name is Regina King, a pretty darn good actress.
Sorry don't take it as unkindly , no I am not into looking everything up, now that I have brought it up we all know her name is Regina King, lets hope she gets some more good roles.

Last edited by rural lady; 03-31-2009 at 12:02 AM..

Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
Yeah, I don't like her, I just don't care about her, why is she all over the magazine cover?
Oh, that's an easy question; because I like her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities