Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Famous Dark Haired Female White Celebrity Today Do You Find The Most Physically Attractive ?
Jordana Brewster 0 0%
Sandra Bullock 14 9.03%
Samantha Harris 0 0%
Jennifer Love Hewitt 5 3.23%
Maria Menounos 2 1.29%
Mila Kunis 9 5.81%
Rhona Mitra 1 0.65%
Candice Michelle 0 0%
Courteney Cox 1 0.65%
Jami Gertz 1 0.65%
Demi Moore 1 0.65%
Marisa Tomei 1 0.65%
Neve Campbell 0 0%
Camilla Belle 1 0.65%
Kate Beckinsale 16 10.32%
Lisa Edelstein 0 0%
Angie Harmon 4 2.58%
Marin Hinkle 1 0.65%
Jamie-Lynn Sigler 0 0%
Kate Jackson 2 1.29%
Lauren Graham 1 0.65%
Julianna Margulies 0 0%
Mariska Hargitay 2 1.29%
Linda Fiorentino 1 0.65%
Nikki Reed 1 0.65%
Annabella Sciorra 1 0.65%
Alexis Bledel 2 1.29%
Jeanne Tripplehorn 1 0.65%
Mercedes Ruehl 0 0%
Eliza Dushku 2 1.29%
Vanessa Lengies 0 0%
Wendie Malick 0 0%
Catherine Zeta-Jones 10 6.45%
Mary-Louise Parker 2 1.29%
Sarah Silverman 1 0.65%
Paula Abdul 3 1.94%
Christy Carlson Romano 0 0%
Alanis Morissette 1 0.65%
Ricki Lake 1 0.65%
Allison Scagliotti-Smith 0 0%
Fran Drescher 0 0%
Sofia Milos 1 0.65%
Liv Tyler 2 1.29%
Gina Gershon 1 0.65%
Alyssa Milano 3 1.94%
Emmanuelle Chriqui 2 1.29%
Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio 0 0%
Ashley Alexandra Dupre 0 0%
Mickie James 1 0.65%
Lacey Chabert 3 1.94%
Anne Hathaway 7 4.52%
Jillian Michaels 0 0%
Gina Carano 1 0.65%
Andie MacDowell 0 0%
Stacy London 0 0%
Asia Argento 0 0%
Marcia Gay Harden 1 0.65%
Angelina Jolie 10 6.45%
Danielle Harris 0 0%
Lena Headey 0 0%
Donna Feldman 0 0%
Teri Hatcher 1 0.65%
Kelly Monaco 1 0.65%
Julia Louis-Dreyfus 0 0%
Jennifer Connelly 2 1.29%
Carla Gugino 1 0.65%
Rachel Bilson 4 2.58%
Selma Blair 0 0%
Natalie Portman 5 3.23%
Vanessa Ferlito 0 0%
Shiri Appleby 0 0%
Leah Remini 1 0.65%
Claudia Black 0 0%
Soleil Moon Frye 1 0.65%
Morena Baccarin 0 0%
Tiffani Thiessen 1 0.65%
Joan Severance 1 0.65%
Carmella DeCesare 1 0.65%
Kristin Davis 1 0.65%
Elizabeth Hurley 2 1.29%
Robin Antin 0 0%
Mackenzie Rosman 0 0%
Megan Fox 11 7.10%
Sophia Bush 1 0.65%
Melina Kanakaredes 1 0.65%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:34 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Who cares? When they start mailing me some of their money then I may try to remember their names. Until then, it's Soleil Moon Frye all the way. Punky Breewster (me go sleep)
I agree about not caring and I am not a movie buff, so I am not familiar with most of the names listed. I would also have to see people in their natural state before I commented about their attractiveness. We all know that makeup does miraculous wonders for many women that are not naturally attractive. I spend more of my time focusing on other subject matters in the real world and frankly do not care about the names of people I do not know. I guess you would have to be one that is "Star Crazed" to know or be familiar with most of the names listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 04:11 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Not really, no, you'd just have to live out in the real world. I mean if you haven't heard of the last list of names I posted, you must not have that many friends either. This is what happens in conversations, even among very smart people, not gossip queens. "Dude did you see Eliza Dushku got her own show." "Who the hell is Eliza Dushku?" "She's that girl who was on Buffy, brunette chick, really good looking. She was also in Bring it On." "Oh." Then you go home and look it up and you learn something.

But if you're not a movie buff and don't watch much entertainment, I can certainly get how you wouldn't have heard of quite a few people. But if you haven't heard of Megan Fox you just don't read at all, you don't watch TV, you don't have friends, etc. There are certain people on that list, you better have heard of! That's like Natalie Portman, for instance, Catherine Zeta-Jones, I mean not knowing who those people are is just a matter of not being educated.

But not knowing who some TV star is, that's not a big deal, you just don't follow that TV show, no biggie. I don't read celebrity gossip much either, except TheSuperficial.com because it makes fun of celebrities and that's pretty hilarious.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:23 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,812 times
Quote:
Not really, no, you'd just have to live out in the real world. I mean if you haven't heard of the last list of names I posted, you must not have that many friends either. This is what happens in conversations, even among very smart people, not gossip queens. "Dude did you see Eliza Dushku got her own show." "Who the hell is Eliza Dushku?" "She's that girl who was on Buffy, brunette chick, really good looking. She was also in Bring it On." "Oh." Then you go home and look it up and you learn something.

But if you're not a movie buff and don't watch much entertainment, I can certainly get how you wouldn't have heard of quite a few people. But if you haven't heard of Megan Fox you just don't read at all, you don't watch TV, you don't have friends, etc. There are certain people on that list, you better have heard of! That's like Natalie Portman, for instance, Catherine Zeta-Jones, I mean not knowing who those people are is just a matter of not being educated.

But not knowing who some TV star is, that's not a big deal, you just don't follow that TV show, no biggie. I don't read celebrity gossip much either, except TheSuperficial.com because it makes fun of celebrities and that's pretty hilarious.
LOL there are some Native Americans living in a reservation out in the middle of the freaking Arizona desert that would recognize alot of the women on that list.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
LOL there are some Native Americans living in a reservation out in the middle of the freaking Arizona desert that would recognize alot of the women on that list.
No kidding dude!!! hahaha, seriously.

And it's not the same thing to be like, "Well could you name the senator of Kansas?" No, I couldn't, and I couldn't care less either. But there's a HUGE difference. How many times has the senator of Kansas been prominently featured in a major movie, or the cover of a magazine, or talked about by anyone in general? Comparing a useless political figure to a major celebrity doesn't cut it. Not having heard of Natalie Portman would be worse in my opinion than not having heard of Obama -- people knew who Portman was 10 years ago. Nobody knew who Obama was 10 years ago.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:46 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,812 times
Quote:
No kidding dude!!! hahaha, seriously.

And it's not the same thing to be like, "Well could you name the senator of Kansas?" No, I couldn't, and I couldn't care less either. But there's a HUGE difference. How many times has the senator of Kansas been prominently featured in a major movie, or the cover of a magazine, or talked about by anyone in general? Comparing a useless political figure to a major celebrity doesn't cut it. Not having heard of Natalie Portman would be worse in my opinion than not having heard of Obama -- people knew who Portman was 10 years ago. Nobody knew who Obama was 10 years ago.
Anybody who does not know who Natalie Portman is either has never seen or has never heard of the multi-billion dollar franchise that is Star Wars. And in the Western world atleast that is an extremely small minority of people.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Anybody who does not know who Natalie Portman is either has never seen or has never heard of the multi-billion dollar franchise that is Star Wars. And in the Western world atleast that is an extremely small minority of people.
Yeah seriously I'd be surprised if there's even 4 people like that in the U.S.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:04 AM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
Back in the 80's I thought Jacqueline Smith was just gorgeous!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post

I have children, friends, and co-workers that talk about and name numerous celebrities all of the time, but usually I do not know who are they talking about until they give me some clues-and even then I may not know. To say that one is not educated because they do not know celebrity names is ridiculous. It is just like me knowing academic scholars/researcher names and saying that because I am aware of those names- anyone else who does not know is not educated. WOW!!! Simply different interests and knowledge pertaining to what is important to each of us and that is wonderful!! I used to say if one was not aware of current events happening in our city and country that they were not intelligent, but guess what everyone is not interested in what is happening in our city and country and they can still be intelligent.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:17 AM

Uhh, sure, but that only goes so far. You have to admit if someone doesn't know who Natalie Portman or Barack Obama is, they are a moron.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Uhh, sure, but that only goes so far. You have to admit if someone doesn't know who Natalie Portman or Barack Obama is, they are a moron.
In your opinion I must be a moron because I had to look up Natalie Portman to find out who she was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities