Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:36 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times

Advertisements

Life is so damn cruel sometimes. The guy is a genuinely nice guy. I know John lost his mother when he was in his late teens. That's terrible that he has to deal with more death. My heart goes out to his family. No one should have to deal with so much loss.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:40 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
They were probarbly there for the holidays....and just into the new year. I am so so so sad for the family. Not to long ago I saw an interview where he didn/t rule out having more children.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:47 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,303 times
Very sad for the Travolta family. However, if Jett did indeed have autism,Scientology refuses to acknowledge that autism is a real affliction, thus the Travoltas have used their extensive medical and scientific analytical ignorance prowess to determine that Jett, in fact, has a case of Kawasaki disease.

No parent should ever have to deal with a loss of a child.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:02 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
you, of course, are entitiled to your opinion. However I find it rude and uncalled for. This is a tragedy and no one needs someone speculating that the deceased 16 year old had autism and or was denied medical treatment by his parents. And to call them ignorant is just over the line wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Very sad for the Travolta family. However, if Jett did indeed have autism,Scientology refuses to acknowledge that autism is a real affliction, thus the Travoltas have used their extensive medical and scientific analytical ignorance prowess to determine that Jett, in fact, has a case of Kawasaki disease.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:03 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
you, of course, are entitiled to your opinion. However I find it rude and uncalled for. This is a tragedy and no one needs someone speculating that the deceased 16 year old had autism and or was denied medical treatment by his parents. And to call them ignorant is just over the line wrong
Yes, but speculation is fun.
Hmm. 16, rich parents, in big house in Bahamas . . . trips and hits head?
Sounds funky to me...

Old 01-02-2009, 08:04 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,964 times
If he had Austism isn't really the point and I don't want to sound cold to the family. Children with Austism are loved as any child. What they said he had people say is common in Children up to 5. In the clips that they are showing and Larry King did he just doesn't seem like a 16 year old to me. My son is 16 and would be caught dead holding my hand or his Dad;s. Jett was looking like he was almost being lead to the car. I feel for the family and their lost. I can't help but remember Tom Curise and the way he went on. I know people have what they believe but I'm a believer that all children are untiltled to the best of treatment know matter what the issues they have. I don't know if their son had Autism or not but I'm sure there are children in that belief that do and I feel sorry that they pretend there is no such thing

Old 01-02-2009, 10:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post

It IS tragic, the worst thing that can happen to any parent. I am truly sorry for John and Kelly.

I have to admit though, one of the first things I wondered was, was he on medication for his seizures? Or would their "religion" have prevented that?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Yes, but speculation is fun.
Hmm. 16, rich parents, in big house in Bahamas . . . trips and hits head?
Sounds funky to me...

You need to get a life, these people just lost a child. How bout a little sympathy here. You have no clue what happened so don't speculate. They are going through hell right now and don't need idiots like you making assumptions.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,088 times
Oh how so very sad i wiill be saying prayers for the whole family.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
and off topic a bit......another celebrity parent lost her daughter on Christmas day: Lark Previn, daughter of Mia Farrow. She was 35 and had been ill for about 10 years. No matter the age- one's child remains one's child. Prayers to them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities