Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:34 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Life is so damn cruel sometimes. The guy is a genuinely nice guy. I know John lost his mother when he was in his late teens. That's terrible that he has to deal with more death. My heart goes out to his family. No one should have to deal with so much loss.
He lost the first love of his life, Diana Hyland, from breast cancer when he was filming Saturday Night Fever. I saw that movie five times with my sister. We adored John Travolta.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:56 AM

956 posts, read 3,002,029 times
So, at this point, is the soul of John Travolta's son resting with L. Ron Hubbard?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
So, at this point, is the soul of John Travolta's son resting with L. Ron Hubbard?
Oh well, that didn't take long did it?

I do remember John Travolta, years ago claiming that he cured Sting of a sore throat through a series of touches. That's when I started thinking that he was a bit whacky.

Regardless, it sounds like Jett had a seizure disorder and I wonder if he was allowed to control his seizures with medication. I would like to think that his parents recognized that his seizures needed to be addressed medically. If it comes out that his parents didn't allow medication ... oh boy is this going to be a big can of worms.

Regardless again, when any child dies, be they 16 or 35 ( in the case of Lark Previn), a loss of a child is a loss of a child. Tragic at any age. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:49 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
If he had Austism isn't really the point and I don't want to sound cold to the family. Children with Austism are loved as any child. What they said he had people say is common in Children up to 5. In the clips that they are showing and Larry King did he just doesn't seem like a 16 year old to me. My son is 16 and would be caught dead holding my hand or his Dad;s. Jett was looking like he was almost being lead to the car. I feel for the family and their lost. I can't help but remember Tom Curise and the way he went on. I know people have what they believe but I'm a believer that all children are untiltled to the best of treatment know matter what the issues they have. I don't know if their son had Autism or not but I'm sure there are children in that belief that do and I feel sorry that they pretend there is no such thing
I was watching TV last night when this came on, I went to my computer to google. I ended up at Johns web site, did a little looking over there & noticed that in the family photo section, there aren't many pictures of Jett, more of their daughter.

What ever was wrong with Jett, the Travolta's wanted it kept in family; and that is their option. As a parent I can't blame them as I'm not sure I'd want my kids life out there either. Visually, I agree, he looked like he could be autistic; but the Travolta's chose not to share it. Autism is fairly new diagnosis, the world is curious. When you have Autism in your own family, as well as friends; you wonder why someone wouldn't be honest about it. People such as the Travolta's could do a lot of good for Autism, and possibly help find a missing piece to this puzzle.

I don't feel anyone is trying to be disrespectful by mentioning autism.

Autopsy planned in death of John Travolta's son

I wasn't a fan, but growing up in the 70's, he was always either on TV or in movies.

I can't imagine the pain they are going through, especially having the world watch & talk. I hope the family is able to find some sort of peace.

So very sad.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:21 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
The Scientology Church doesn't recognize autism as a mental disorder. I'm afraid that a pandora's box is going to be opened up and it's too bad for the family. If they find that his seizures could have been controlled by medication and his parents were denying it based upon their religious beliefs ... well, the fallout personally for them is going to be greater than anything the legal world could dish out. Scientology has been derided for years, especially after the creepy publicity that Tom Cruise thrust upon it. Travolta has been pretty private about his belief system, but if they denied Jett medication that could have prevented the seizure that caused him to fall and hit his head ... there aren't going to be many sympathetic people other than other Scientologists.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,964 times
I feel for anyone that looses a child. But with that said I can't support anyone even for religion that would deny their child what they need. Like many said we don't know what happened. Even after an autopsy it wouldn't show some thing and for sure not Austism. I do know after watching the video of their family something was different with their son. He just didn't carry himself like a 16 year old. If he had Austism they have the right to keep it private if they choose but it for sure isn't something to be ashamed of unless you are trying to pretend it doesn't exsist. This bothers me because these kids need treatment and soo many families have fought to get their child what they need. This is also true for celeb families dealing with Autism as well. Isn't it Jim Cary girlfriend. Anyway we know Tom Cruise is a nut look at the way he went after Brooke Shields after she had her baby. True the Travolta family hasn;t been that out their like the Cruises. I don't know anyone who practice that faith if it is a faith. I heard it was this big Hollywood faith. Anyway a child is a child and another poster is right if they denied their child anything people will not be supportive of that.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 AM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
He lost the first love of his life, Diana Hyland, from breast cancer when he was filming Saturday Night Fever. I saw that movie five times with my sister. We adored John Travolta.

Wow, your right. I dont know why I thought that. Is his mother still alive? Your right though, that is what I heard, not that it was his mother. Im sure it would have been easier to deal with the death of a girlfriend, no matter how much you loved her than a parent. I remember seeing that to. He seemed very mature at such a young age. In some cases I would think it would be easier to deal with a loss of a girlfriend to death rather than her just leaving you. It would seem more difficult to watch someone you really love move on and with someone else. At least if they died, you can convince your mind that that was a perfect relationship, etc, etc.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Wow, your right. I dont know why I thought that. Is his mother still alive? Your right though, that is what I heard, not that it was his mother..
She was old enough to be his mother..

Diana Hyland @ Wiki -
Quote:
In 1976 she began a relationship with the actor John Travolta, 18 years her junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I feel for anyone that looses a child. But with that said I can't support anyone even for religion that would deny their child what they need. Like many said we don't know what happened. Even after an autopsy it wouldn't show some thing and for sure not Austism. I do know after watching the video of their family something was different with their son. He just didn't carry himself like a 16 year old. If he had Austism they have the right to keep it private if they choose but it for sure isn't something to be ashamed of unless you are trying to pretend it doesn't exsist.

This bothers me because these kids need treatment and soo many families have fought to get their child what they need. This is also true for celeb families dealing with Autism as well. Isn't it Jim Cary girlfriend. Anyway we know Tom Cruise is a nut look at the way he went after Brooke Shields after she had her baby. True the Travolta family hasn;t been that out their like the Cruises. I don't know anyone who practice that faith if it is a faith. I heard it was this big Hollywood faith. Anyway a child is a child and another poster is right if they denied their child anything people will not be supportive of that.
I wonder if they will allow an autopsy? I also know nothing about Scientology except the few things I've read, and not allowing one wouldn't surprise me.

Yes, Jim Carey's GF's (Jenny McCarthy) son was diagnosed with Autism, but with conflicting reports. I say conflicting because from things I've read, he's "recovered" from autism; others think he's misdiagnosed.

Jenny McCarthy @ Wiki - read Activism and autism controversy

Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,964 times
yes they are doing an Autopsy. Jenny MacCarthy is a believer that shoots that Babies get can give some children Austism. I know her son is doing better I hadn't heard that she think he is cured. Many children do better after they finally get help. THese families go through a lot to just get any help for their children. Some insurances won't even cover Autism treatments. I don't know if anything like these issues would come out in any Autopsy on Travolta son. I 'm thinking he hit his head. I guess they were having some big get together this weekend with like 60 family and friends flying in. So at least they have people with them to help them. I heard that they will bring his body back to Florida. I'm not sure why they don't live there do they?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I think John is not only one of the greatest actors ever, but a strong, genuine and fine human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities