U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:59 AM

1,313 posts, read 2,727,851 times

Advertisements

When I lived in SF, I met the cast and crew of "Empire Strikes Back"
Harrison Ford
Carrie Fisher
George Lucas
etc.

Also met:
George Takei
Jim Doohan
Nichelle Nichols
several others

Joan Van Ark
Christopher Lee
backup singer for Alicia Keys

Most of them were very personable, a couple were rather persnickety as far as talking to them. Nice bunch though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
I was a newspaper reporter, and I met literally hundreds of actors. musicians and athletes.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 PM

184,051 posts, read 75,008,358 times
Only one. Arthur Godfrey

Old 09-26-2011, 04:30 PM

229 posts, read 162,648 times
I havent met any but have had family meet a couple.

My mom met Billy Ray Cirus when she worked at a hotel. This was way before his daughter became famous too. He was pretty much a prick with a huge ego. Trashed the hotel room and had used condoms all over the place. Then talked down to my mom for no reason.

She also met Patrick Swayze when he was filming in Lincoln. Rude.

My Uncle by marriage sold a house to Sting somewhere around Tuscon. (WWF wrestler.) Sting is very humble and talked to my uncle for hours. (non house related)

I have met some USHL players and the legenday coach Steve Johnson. (Lol not really a legend) Hockey players/coaches are usually the most humble people you can meet. Stayed 2 doors away from a local news anchor when I visited my grandma.

I would like to meet any NHL player and any cast member of Friends.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:12 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,582,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Only one. Arthur Godfrey
Now Nomad, you like the ladies FAR too much to pick a GUY!

I would, of course, pick Russell Crowe.
I liked the young version, I like the older version.
Thought he was hot when he was buff, think he's hot now that he's put
on a few pounds. I just like him.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 AM

48,935 posts, read 39,420,502 times
I've seen a few here and there in airports, hotels etc. but have never "met" any.

On a scale of 1-10 I am about a -3 in terms of caring about a celebrity. I'd never go up and bother them, ask for an autograph etc. etc. and would treat them just like anybody else.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,554,860 times
I met Gordan Ramsey and Ridley Scott and his gf who is also an actress. I have also met Saoirse Ronan.

I would be fine with meeting Ridley Scott again and James Cameron. Ridley is kind of a weird guy and I think I can respect him for that. He is nice. Saoirse was talkative and funny. Gordan was ok.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:53 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,380,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
I havent met any but have had family meet a couple.

My mom met Billy Ray Cirus when she worked at a hotel. This was way before his daughter became famous too. He was pretty much a prick with a huge ego. Trashed the hotel room and had used condoms all over the place. Then talked down to my mom for no reason.

She also met Patrick Swayze when he was filming in Lincoln. Rude.

My Uncle by marriage sold a house to Sting somewhere around Tuscon. (WWF wrestler.) Sting is very humble and talked to my uncle for hours. (non house related)

I have met some USHL players and the legenday coach Steve Johnson. (Lol not really a legend) Hockey players/coaches are usually the most humble people you can meet. Stayed 2 doors away from a local news anchor when I visited my grandma.

I would like to meet any NHL player and any cast member of Friends.
disappointing to hear that about Patrick Swayze. Have read lots about him over the years and it was always favorable. Have always,always read about how nice he was. Southern gentleman nice.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:13 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,767,191 times
I met John Ritter about two weeks before he died. I was in highschool at the time working at the local theater and him and his wife came and bought the whole theater to watch a movie (she was not nice at all, he was awesome).

Twice they came both nights bought it out, afterwards my friends and myself met him in the parking lot and it just so happened my friend had 3's company theme song on his cd in the car (don't ask was an inside joke) played the song and john got a kick out of it, took his orange disney hat off signed it and gave it to me (i was the only girl in the group score!) .. Never saw either of them in town again..

I see judge judge monthly here around town, her and her husband walk the beach frequently .. She's like she is on the tv mostly. Her husband is nice.. Once again in highschool my husband worked at Toys R Us for a summer job she came in and bought a bike. She wanted it assembled and there was a $10 assembly fee. She refused to pay it saying things like "do u know who i am" etc etc. My husband refused to assemble the bike for her said she was pretty nasty about the whole situation

Old 10-03-2011, 07:16 AM

1,809 posts, read 3,021,377 times
I met Michael Fassbender last year. Not only is he gorgeous (although I thought he'd be taller... We're about the same height -6'-) but he seemed rather nice and down to earth too.

And his Irish accent is to die for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities