Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:34 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Back in Las Vegas I was known among the celebs who owned homes there. Im an award winning Kitchen Designer and lived there for quite awhile (way too long).

Some of you may know that Jon Bon Jovi refuses to put his kids in pivate school. They go to public school like everyone else. My sisters boy plays on the same football team as Jons boy. Jon stops at the bus stop many mornings just to say hi to the kids and give them some good wisdom. My Mom sits next to Jon and wife at the school games. Jons neighbor a few doors up is Geraldo Riviera's home. Jons home is boomerang shaped 4 stories high done in light tan bricks right on the Navasink River. Geraldo's 33' sailboat has never moved from it's mooring in 20 years. It is all barnacle encrusted.
Jon & his wife are living in NYC for the last year. I'm not sure if the kids are still attending public school.
Geraldo sold that home near Jon's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 01:39 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
I'd love to meet Joe Carter (Toronto Blue Jays) to thank him for a certain home run in 1993!

Some of the nicest folks I've ever encountered -- anywhere:

Celine Dion
Charles Barkley
Andre Agassi
Rod Stewart
Bryant Gumbel
Mickey Carroll (Wizard of Oz Munchkin -- still the St Louis Cardinals' biggest fan, and Al Capone's God-son!)
Davis Love III, Fuzzy Zueller, Golden Bear...
This surprises me about BG, since he seemed to receive so much negative publicity during his tenure at The Today Show (remember the 'confidential memo'?).
Davis and his wife Robyn are friends of my cousin...lovely people, apparently, and she is hilarious.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:15 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,418,692 times
I have met:

Nathan Lane
Linda Evangelista
Parker Posey
Molly Ringwald
Gina Gershon
Joan Rivers
Kevin Bacon
Heather Graham
Paul Newman
Boy George

I've seen a lot more while out and about in LA and waiting tables/bartending in NYC:
Madonna (at Tower Records)
Kevin Costner (in LA at coffee shop)
Norah Jones (in NYC playing an early gig)
Julia Roberts (@ Bowery Bar)
Britney Spears (@ Bowery Bar)
Janet Jackson (@ Virgin Records shopping)
Ben Kingsley (@ a bar in Tucson)
Rosie Perez (@ bar in Tucson)
Steve Baldwin (@ bar in Tucson)
Alec Baldwin (@ a theater in NYC)

and many other B and theater actors...

I'd like to meet Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I love finding out who are nice and who aren't so much.
Ali McGraw-glad to know she's nice as she just looks nice. ya know?
Thought Kim B might be nice--too bad.
Colin Powell-just wow. I would be in awe of him. Truly glad he's nice. Jane Fonda-surprised to know she's sort of shy--she seems so ballsy.
Lauren Bacall is nice tho? really? Ya know I would have thought she would be a real B***H.

DO TELL about that party night--hmmmmmmm......
Yes, she was...in kind of a regal, "I'm in control" kind of way. She is Hollywood Royalty, after all. And her eyes were some of the most mesmerizing I've ever seen.
As for Eric, small wonder he became a movie star. OMG, so cute and I had a major crush on him.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:12 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
hmm
Harry Chapin
Barry Williams and what was his fiance back then, she was beautiful
Traci Gold
George Brett and his boyfriend
Len Dawson
Tom Watson
Jan Stenerude or however you spell it
Chill Wills ( francis the talking mule)

I lived in Kansas City and met them there.

I would like to meet
Ellen,
Madonna
Jimmy Carter
Obama
Ryan Seacrest.... especially if he wants a date...lol
Paul McCartney and Ringo

Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,022 times
One of the times that I went to The Tonight Show Angelina Jolie came out into the audience after taping to sign autographs & visit with people. She was very nice. She stayed so long that the NBC pages finally told us all we HAD to get out of the studio. So she told everyone that if we wanted to visit more that she would meet us outside by the entry gate to the studios property. She kept her word. Her limo stopped, she got out, and continued to visit and sign autographs. Keep in mind this was before she had 18 or so kids at home to get to

Old 01-31-2009, 04:38 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
I don't know if you call them celebrities, but I personaly met Bobby Allison and Kenny Shrader back in the days when I was hanging around race tracks.
Kenny signed my son's 12th birthday card. That was in 1993.
I met Bobby Allison back about 1974 or 75. Dont remember which year. That was at Midvale Speedway in Ohio. He was on his way to Pocono for a Nascar race and brought a short track car to race at Midvale while enroute as a promotional thing. The local boys tore him up. Of course he would have whupped them bad had they been competing with him at Pocano.
I have seen other celebrities perform in person (mostly country music singers) but Bobby and Kenny are the only ones I have met, shook hands with, and talked to.
My son still has that birthday card with Shraders autograph on it.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 AM

11 posts, read 25,170 times
Hi,
I'd love to share some pics, but I don't yet have a scanner or digital camera. We still can only get dial-up here Living in the mountains and way up is not alway's so great. Hopefully we'll have dsl fairly soon. I want to get a scanner though. When I do, I'd love to share.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:42 AM

11 posts, read 25,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
I don't know if you call them celebrities, but I personaly met Bobby Allison and Kenny Shrader back in the days when I was hanging around race tracks.
Kenny signed my son's 12th birthday card. That was in 1993.
I met Bobby Allison back about 1974 or 75. Dont remember which year. That was at Midvale Speedway in Ohio. He was on his way to Pocono for a Nascar race and brought a short track car to race at Midvale while enroute as a promotional thing. The local boys tore him up. Of course he would have whupped them bad had they been competing with him at Pocano.
I have seen other celebrities perform in person (mostly country music singers) but Bobby and Kenny are the only ones I have met, shook hands with, and talked to.
My son still has that birthday card with Shraders autograph on it.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly with this quote. I hope so. Bobby Allison and family all go the church here in our local town when they are here . We have pictures and autographs of them . Very nice people.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:53 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
I have been a server/bartender in various restaurants/clubs since 1988, so most of the people I met were at those locations. I met Tammy Wynette when I was 5 or 6, my mom knew the manager at a club she was performing and she got him to pull some strings and have me meet her......I was just in heaven!

TAMMY WYNETTE (MY IDOL)
DELLA REESE
JO ANN WORLEY
LEE GREENWOOD (A$$HOLE)
HARRY CONNICK JR. (LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON, VERY SWEET GUY)
JILL GOODACRE
TROY AIKMAN
MICHAEL IRVIN
DEYONNE SANDERS
DARYL JOHNSTON
DENNIS RODMAN, (WORKED FOR HIM WHEN HE CO-OWNED THE STARCK CLUB IN DALLAS FROM 96-98)
RU PAUL
ERIC STOLTZ
ROD RODDY
BILLY GIBBONS (ZZ TOP)
CHUCK NORRIS
SHEREE J WILSON
MIKE SCORE (LEAD SINGER OF FLOCK OF SEAGULLS)
DALE BOZZIO (LEAD SINGER OF MISSING PERSONS)
CECE PENISTON
JERRY ORBACH
SALLY JESSE RAPHEAL
KIM ENGLISH
MACKENZIE PHILLIPS
COLT MCCOY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities