U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:23 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,504,272 times

Advertisements

I briefly dated Meredith Scott Lynn.

Others I've met in person:

Lisa Bonet
Tony Williams (original singer of The Platters)
New York Mayors Koch and Dinkins
Drew Carey
LL Cool J
Phil Rizzuto
Gary Sinese
Nick Nolte
Don K. Reed
Howie Carr
Buddy McGirt

Ones I'd like to meet:

Jack Nicholson
Clint Eastwood
Al Pacino
Harvey Kietel
Sean Connery
Larry David
Jerry Stiller
Jake Lamotta
Salma Hayek
Rosie Perez...she's from my old neighborhood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 09:30 PM

948 posts, read 3,357,369 times
Jon Bon Jovi

Old 03-20-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Totally used to it now. Its no big deal when out eating to look up and seeing Slash at the next table eating pancakes, or seeing Alec Baldwin sitting at the table eyeballing my wife.

Where I live in LA you see people all the time.
So he was eye balling your wife..did you tell her that?or did yo not want her to get a big head?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have met

Keith Carradine
David Carradine
Joseph Bottoms
Jennifer O'Neill
John Denver
Daniel Stern
Roy Rogers
Johnny Cash (and June Carter Cash)

I would love to meet

Steven Spielberg
Anthony Hopkins
Ralph Fiennes
Kevin Costner
Helen Mirren
Doris Day
Max Von Sydow
Stockard Channing
Michael Jackson
Harrison Ford

Just to name a few - there would be zillions more, I'm afraid.

20yrsinBranson

My friend back in Sweden used to live neighbours with Max Von Sydow. They said hello to each other walking their dogs.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:16 AM

6,262 posts, read 16,973,335 times
she's so gorgeous!

[quote=Coolhand68;7980009]I briefly dated Meredith Scott Lynn.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 AM

wow. Holy cow. I'm almost speechless. Except well anyone who knows me,knows I don't stay speechless for long
Seriously though, that's quite a list of impressive folk. How did you go about meeting most?
Dish with me about the Beatles.
And no, you weren't boring me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76smu76 View Post
I have met:
All of the Beatles (tells you I'm older)
Curtis Mayfield, his wife and his band; good friend Joseph "Lucky" Scott
Muhammad Ali
Joe Frazier
Yancy Durham (Joe's manager)
Len Stinger Hutchins (#1 ranked Light-Heavyweight Champion)
Dave Bing (Detroit Piston's)
Berry Gordy, Jr.
Billy Davis, Jr. (Berry's right hand man)
All of the Temptations
All of the Spinner's
All of the Supremes
All of the Andantes (Motown's back-up singers on almost everything)
Marvin Gaye
Bobby Taylor (discovered the Jackson Five)
Stevie Wonder
Jimi Hendrix
Della Reese
Billy Mitchell (jazz sax)
Dizzy Gillespie
Hank, Thad and Elvin Jones (jazz)
Sammy Davis, Jr.
Joe "The Brown Bomber" Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson
Dinah Washington
Steve Allen (TV host before Leno, etc)
Grace Hightower Deniro (37 years)
Bob Deniro
Willie Davis, Jr. (LA Dodgers)
Big John Johnson (LA Thunderbirds - Roller Derby)
Tony Brown (TV Host)

Okay. That's enough. I've never gone back like this before. I know I've left a lot of people off but I figured you'd be bored by now :-)

Old 03-21-2009, 01:58 PM

7 posts, read 14,700 times
Default which celebrities have you met and which ones would you like to meet?

I met the Beatles in 1964. I was walking home from my great grandmother's near the Olympia Stadium in Detroit and a limo pulled up beside me. The crowd was about a block over on the other side of the stadium and many of them had spent days camping out. The limo came up the back way on McGraw Street. I was not quite 15 (I looked about 17). My step-father worked at Motown so I knew quite a few "stars" so I didn't freak out. We talked for a bit and when they found out about my father and my age, the conversation changed from them flirting, to talking about some of the artists we all knew.

It might have been stupid, but I let them convince me to go to the concert with them. (I called my Mom when I got to the stadium and that conversation didn't go well at all.) Anyway, I stayed through most of the concert and they made sure I got home safely. I don't even remember how long I was on punishment!

Della Reese and Billy Mitchell dated when me, my parents and two sisters lived on W. 90th, a block from Central Park West. Della lived on W. 89th. My sisters and I used to go over and she would give us little chores so she could give us money. I used to skip school (I was a bored seven year old who already knew the work) sit on the park bench for a while, then go to the store on the corner of W. 89th until it was exactly 10 o'clock. I'd then go across the street to Aunt Della's, tell her my mother wanted her to watch me, and we'd spend the day at her apartment or driving around in her pink Cadillac convertible.

Anyway, I have too many stories about each of these people. This could probably be an interesting book if an agent showed interest! Move over, Jackie Collins. I know lots of stuff!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:28 PM

12,563 posts, read 18,954,583 times
I've never actually met any, but I did stand within 10 feet of Frederique Van Der Wal back in the mid 90's. She looked quite normal to me. The only other that I came close too was Walter Mondale during his campaign in 1984. I almost got to shake his hand. My friend, right next to me did, but not me.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:49 AM

LOL-you are too funny and really should start writing all your memories down, then consider a book deal. I'm serious! Very cool stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76smu76 View Post
I met the Beatles in 1964. I was walking home from my great grandmother's near the Olympia Stadium in Detroit and a limo pulled up beside me. The crowd was about a block over on the other side of the stadium and many of them had spent days camping out. The limo came up the back way on McGraw Street. I was not quite 15 (I looked about 17). My step-father worked at Motown so I knew quite a few "stars" so I didn't freak out. We talked for a bit and when they found out about my father and my age, the conversation changed from them flirting, to talking about some of the artists we all knew.

It might have been stupid, but I let them convince me to go to the concert with them. (I called my Mom when I got to the stadium and that conversation didn't go well at all.) Anyway, I stayed through most of the concert and they made sure I got home safely. I don't even remember how long I was on punishment!

Della Reese and Billy Mitchell dated when me, my parents and two sisters lived on W. 90th, a block from Central Park West. Della lived on W. 89th. My sisters and I used to go over and she would give us little chores so she could give us money. I used to skip school (I was a bored seven year old who already knew the work) sit on the park bench for a while, then go to the store on the corner of W. 89th until it was exactly 10 o'clock. I'd then go across the street to Aunt Della's, tell her my mother wanted her to watch me, and we'd spend the day at her apartment or driving around in her pink Cadillac convertible.

Anyway, I have too many stories about each of these people. This could probably be an interesting book if an agent showed interest! Move over, Jackie Collins. I know lots of stuff!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:49 PM

7 posts, read 14,700 times
Default which celebrities have you met and which ones would you like to meet?

Hi,

Just saw your reply. I think I will start writing these stories so I can see how much material I have. Even if no one buys it, I'll at least have it for my kids!

Hey, here's another one for you. When we lived in New York (I was about seven), we met Sammy Davis, Jr. near Times Square. With cigarette in hand, he bent DOWN and kissed me on my forehead. Now, we all know how short Sammy was, so it seems kind of funny now.

Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities