Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,964,019 times

Advertisements

I Met Gwyneth Paltrow & Heather Locklear.

I have seen James Gandolfini in person at Rutgers football games, he seems like a real nice guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 10:01 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,415,885 times
I'd really like to meet Mickey Rourke and his dog.

And that's all.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:03 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,415,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post

I have seen James Gandolfini in person at Rutgers football games, he seems like a real nice guy.
How did Heather look?

Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,889,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post

I had margaritas with Heather Locklear at Casa Vega in Studio City a while back. I think it was pre-Richie Sambora. She looked GOOOOOD!! I'll never forget because she told me how much she loves Taco Bell.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:15 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,673,032 times
I'd love to meet Joe Carter (Toronto Blue Jays) to thank him for a certain home run in 1993!

Some of the nicest folks I've ever encountered -- anywhere:

Celine Dion
Charles Barkley
Andre Agassi
Rod Stewart
Bryant Gumbel
Mickey Carroll (Wizard of Oz Munchkin -- still the St Louis Cardinals' biggest fan, and Al Capone's God-son!)
Davis Love III, Fuzzy Zueller, Golden Bear...

Old 01-15-2009, 04:58 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,136,279 times
Andre?? Daughter and I are HUGE Andre fans......tennis just isn't the same without him.
Do tell more of your encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
I'd love to meet Joe Carter (Toronto Blue Jays) to thank him for a certain home run in 1993!

Some of the nicest folks I've ever encountered -- anywhere:

Celine Dion
Charles Barkley
Andre Agassi
Rod Stewart
Bryant Gumbel
Mickey Carroll (Wizard of Oz Munchkin -- still the St Louis Cardinals' biggest fan, and Al Capone's God-son!)
Davis Love III, Fuzzy Zueller, Golden Bear...

Old 01-16-2009, 01:34 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,919,369 times
I met Jeff Goldblum after seeing a play he was in. He was super nice to everybody who had waited outside the backstage door for a picture. He is sooooo tall, and very attractive. He took pictures with anybody who wanted one, and gave a really nice, genuine "squeeze" while you posed with him. I got to tell him that my family and I really enjoy watching Transylvania 6-5000. He just chuckled and said he did too. Definately not a letdown. And I met the woman who played Nettie in The Color Purple (Whoopi's character's sister). She wrote the screenplay for Beloved, her sister was one of my college professors and we were studying Beloved so "Nettie" came in to speak to us. She was nice. I didn't know what her real name was and when my professor said her sister wrote the screenplay and would come in to talk to us about it, I just thought, "cool". Then when I got to class, I saw this woman in the front row, and thought, "Gee, she looks familiar." Then, I realized and put two and two together. I love The Color Purple and in my head I was saying, "OH MY GOD YOU'RE NETTIE!!!!" I didn't say that outloud though...

I would LOVE to meet Jon Bon Jovi (even though I hear he's a bit of a jerk to his fans), and Oprah. I live in NJ and have about a gazillion 6 degrees of separation situations that put me so close to being able to meet JBJ, but I have been unsuccessful. LOL. I really want to meet Oprah. LOL.

For those who met the Judds...to me they seem like they are crazy, and I don't mean in a cute, "oh, you're so crazy" kind of way. Did you get that vibe in person?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:18 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,519,153 times
Have to go way back in time for this group. I was 11 at a celebrity golf tournament in California. Got all their autographs.

Clint Eastwood. Signed it with (Rowdy)
Danny Thomas
Jack Kelly
James Garner
Johnny Wiesmuller (Sp)

Later In Nashville:

Minnie Pearl-went to the same church, and my son stepped on her toe.
Larry Gatlin..our boys played soccer together
Brenda Lee

Would love to meet Tom Cruise and Patrick Dempsey, and Keifer Sutherland.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,009,824 times
I met Tommy Lee Jones when he was walking down the street in New york and asked him for his autograph and he was so sweet about it . I think that was right after he finished us marshalls movie dont remember the yr. I also met Jeff goldblum that year too and man he was nice too . i met a few country singers at fan fair and by far the nicest was faith hill and her husband Tim Mcgraw and also met Reba Mcentyre there as well she was real sweet . Dirks bently is a jerk and I wont dignify him by listening to any of his music . Oh well there you have it . Had a blast meeting all these people .

Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 PM

11 posts, read 17,895 times
Lets see here...
Queen latifah
russell simmons
naughty by nature
kid n play
trey songz
imagine
joe budden
jasmine guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities