U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 PM

784 posts, read 2,012,365 times

Advertisements

Miley Cyrus will have her autobiography out.

Are you kidding me? What is hores face like twelve? Since when have we become so pathetic a society that these little pop tarts are writing their autobiographies before they are even allowed to drive?

Who the heck would want to read this? This just amazes me.

What possible wisdom or knowledge could you give the American public at thirteen or fourteen years of age. If its about the industry, any body in the industry should line up to write their own book. God I feel like a loser for being apart of our media led, simplistic, dumbed down society that we have spiraled into. I mean come on people. she can't even drive yet. The little pop tart came from a very priveledged home. What exactly can she tell us that would be worth sharing. what exactly can we learn from little twit horsey?

Our pathetic media led society is trying to get paid off of anything anymore. Atleast let the little pop tart get about ten more years on herself before she writes an autobiography. At least then the little pop tart can name people who she fu^%ed without them going to prison for it....Geesh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:11 PM

287 posts, read 480,024 times
I wasn't aware she was coming out with an autobiography. But good for her. I'm sure my daughter will be excited to see that.

And she's actually 16, not 12. So far she's done pretty well for herself. And she seems to be a pretty good kid. Why hate on the girl?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM

Because any little kid who thinks that they should put out their autobiography at fifteen or sixteen is extremely egotistical, greedy and is a serious tart. Tart, Tart, Tart. She started out rich, got every opportunity available and hasn't experienced any downsides to life yet. What can anyone possibly learn from her lifestory? I can give you more reasons if you want. Why do all of these celebutarts think that what they have to say is so damn important?

I want to read Horsey's autobiography like I want a third eye and a hole in the head. But these sad media scumbags just cant wait for that extra payday, so they give tinkerbell an autobiography at 15 or 16.

Wow, shes 16, not 15 and a half? Wow, excuse me, I bet she has so much wisdom to share with all of us "real" americans. I can't wait to hear what horsey's tough climb to the top has been like.

Please spare me your left wing tears. Go door to door with the Jahova's for all I care, but don't preach to me about our overzealous, greedy, media hungry Wh***'s who will exploit everything and anything for a buck....

Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,551,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
I wasn't aware she was coming out with an autobiography. But good for her. I'm sure my daughter will be excited to see that.

And she's actually 16, not 12. So far she's done pretty well for herself. And she seems to be a pretty good kid. Why hate on the girl?

I certainly wouldn't want to read the book, myself. I can't imagine the girl having enough living behind her to merit an autobiography. HOWEVER ~

I agree with you. The girl is at least a decent idol/icon for young girls and it's refreshing for a change. In the 80's we had a highly talented Madonna that girls looked up to, but I think she paved the path for bad influence morally. Then we got Brittany Spears, over-rated all-around. (She could have enough living behind her to merit a book. . . but, in that case, I'd rather read Miley's!)

Old 01-13-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
I certainly wouldn't want to read the book, myself. I can't imagine the girl having enough living behind her to merit an autobiography. HOWEVER ~

I agree with you. The girl is at least a decent idol/icon for young girls and it's refreshing for a change. In the 80's we had a highly talented Madonna that girls looked up to, but I think she paved the path for bad influence morally. Then we got Brittany Spears, over-rated all-around. (She could have enough living behind her to merit a book. . . but, in that case, I'd rather read Miley's!)
I agree with you, she doesn't have very much life experience, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure the book isn't being written with the adults in mind. It's probably more suitable for young kids who look up to her. And I'm definitely not against another book that I can actually get my daughter to read that she'd be interested in!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post

I appreciate what you have to say, but how do we know that she is a good role model? The girl is either 15 or just turned 16. Lets give her a few years first before we judge her either good or bad. Anyone remember Britney?

It's not just Miley though. My opinion would be the same for anyone that young pretentious enough to put out an "autobiography".

I dont know, call me old fashioned, but I think autobiographies should be put out when a person is close to death. Or atleast has lived their life already. It just seems very silly to me that all these pop tarts think that there life is so important, interesting or fascinating that we should run right out and by their book, especially someone that young. It probably doesn't help to know that she came from a very priveledged beginning. It's not as though she has suffered to get to where she is.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,987,877 times
I think it's ridiculous.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I think it's ridiculous.

Amen to that girl!.....Your like me in the fact that you tell it like it is......You cross my path, nothing but reps.....,,,,

Old 01-14-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
I agree with you, she doesn't have very much life experience, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure the book isn't being written with the adults in mind. It's probably more suitable for young kids who look up to her. And I'm definitely not against another book that I can actually get my daughter to read that she'd be interested in!

Ok, Ill take a shot at why you might want to rethink that,

First off, our children are getting enough news about celebrities, celebritwits, morons, goons, and weirdo's. Miley of course fitting at leat one of those categories maybe two but we'll be nice.

You say, what harm could there be for getting my little princess "horsey's" book?

I dont know really, but I'll take a stab at that.

Now I realize that this might be completely out in left field but try to play along. Say you get your little princess this book innocently and with nothing but good intentions. What could possibly go wrong?

I dont know, maybe she gets an unrealistic idea of what a persons life is supposed to be. She then starts to unrealistically relate to Miley and think that they are similar or alike. Now she starts to follow "horsey's career to close and slowly thinks (unkowing to Horsey of course) that there is some connection between them. A bond. Then,...

Miley in two years completely pulls a Britney and goes haywire....Hmm, scary but definately possible. Lets face it, kid celebrities are fu ^&%d up.

Or we can go another crazy route. After your princess reads the book now she thinks she can be like Miley. Now, when you tell her to do her homework, she's like FU mom, miley doesnt do homework! When you tell her to do her chores, FU mom, Miley doesn't have chores. Mom buy me these four hundred dollar boots, Miley has them. Mom Im quitting school, Miley didn't go. I want to focus on being a singer, I want I want I want.... Mom, mom mom mom mom mom mom. I mean it doesn't end.

Either your princess can gain very unrealistic goals and slowly self destruct or she can behave vicariously through our once proud role model Miley but now the slowly destructing not so lovable new miley. And if your little princess is impressionable either way you could be in for a shi t storm.
I mean lets face it, all kids are impressionable.

I know it sounds extreme but kids tend to put importance on everything but what is really important.

Now when it comes to dating, it'll go like this, mom I want to date Jed hes 20. Miley dated a guy who was 20 when she was fifteen. I mean there is a multitude of things that can unknowingly go wrong.

For that twelve dollar book you just might unknowingly and mind you with good intentions, change your little princesses life forever, for the worse.
Maybe its me, I mean maybe I've digested one to many talk shows through the years. But these kids today are crazy..Very impressionable. Societies become one big media ***** so just be careful. I mean who knows maybe this is all for nothing. Maybe your kid is strong willed not impressionable, and very motivated towards all of the right things. In this case. Forget I said anything. Discard this drivell. However, if your not sure, that's a warning sign, in that case.

Why not play it safe and get your child a book about someone who has actually done something positive in their life. Someone who went to school. Got good grades. Did things for the less fortunate, etc, etc. Someone who forged a career around helping people. Was positive, kind, and touched many peoples lives in a real way. I dont know it just seems to me like this would be the much safer book to buy.

Or, maybe I'm just a bit hungry, overworked, buzzed, tired and grumpy..Yeah, thats probably it,. Ah, hel$, what do I know, buy your princess the book, she'll love it!

Last edited by SlickRick1; 01-14-2009 at 12:34 AM..

Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Ok, Ill take a shot at why you might want to rething that,

First off, our children are getting enough news about celebrities, celebritwits, morons, goons, and weirdo's. Miley of course fitting at leat one of those categories maybe two but we'll be nice.

You say, what harm could there be for getting my little princess "horsey's" book?

I dont know really, but I'll take a stab at that.

Now I realize that this might be completely out in left field but try to play along. Say you get your little princess this book innocently and with nothing but good intentions. What could possibly go wrong?

I dont know, maybe she gets an unrealistic idea of what a persons life is supposed to be. She then starts to unrealistically relate to Miley and think that they are similar or alike. Now she starts to follow "horsey's career to close and slowly thinks (unkowing to Horsey of course) that there is some connection between them. A bond. Then,...

Miley in two years completely pulls a Britney and goes haywire....Hmm, scary but definately possible. Lets face it, kid celebrities are fu ^&%d up.

Or we can go another crazy route. After your princess reads the book now she thinks she can be like Miley. Now, when you tell her to do her homework, she's like FU mom, miley doesnt do homework! When you tell her to do her chores, FU mom, Miley doesn't have chores. Mom buy me these four hundred dollar boots, Miley has them. Mom Im quitting school, Miley didn't go. I want to focus on being a singer, I want I want I want.... Mom, mom mom mom mom mom mom. I mean it doesn't end.

Either your princess can gain very unrealistic goals and slowly self destruct or she can behave vicariously through our once proud role model Miley but now the slowly destructing not so lovable new miley. And if your little princess is impressionable either way you could be in for a shi t storm.
I mean lets face it, all kids are impressionable.

I know it sounds extreme but kids tend to put importance on everything but what is really important.

Now when it comes to dating, it'll go like this, mom I want to date Jed hes 20. Miley dated a guy who was 20 when she was fifteen. I mean there is a multitude of things that can unknowingly go wrong.

For that twelve dollar book you just might unknowingly and mind you with good intentions, change your little princesses life forever, for the worse.
Maybe its me, I mean maybe I've digested one to many talk shows through the years. But these kids today are crazy..Very impressionable. Societies become one big media ***** so just be careful. I mean who knows maybe this is all for nothing. Maybe your kid is strong willed not impressionable, and very motivated towards all of the right things. In this case. Forget I said anything. Discard this drivell. However, if your not sure, that's a warning sign, in that case.

Why not play it safe and get your child a book about someone who has actually done something positive in their life. Someone who went to school. Got good grades. Did things for the less fortunate, etc, etc. Someone who forged a career around helping people. Was positive, kind, and touched many peoples lives in a real way. I dont know it just seems to me like this would be the much safer book to buy. But it's your kid and I am not trying to tell you how to raise them.....Slick

Whether the girl ends up going down a bad path or good path, parents need to be parents and concentrate on kids. That's part of the problem. Britney Spears' parents were worried about getting their money and pushing their kids, and look how they turned out. Same with Lindsay Lohan. You can't put it on someone who's on tv or on the radio. People need to teach their kids good values, which is something I don't have a problem with with my children.

Miley Cyrus entertains young girls. She doesn't use profanity in her songs. She doesn't parade around almost naked like Britney did. Hopefully she'll stay on the good side. Not everything has to be negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities