Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Bob May who played Robby the Robot in the old "Lost In Space" tv show died on Sunday. Everyone knows the phrase "Danger Will Robinson".

Bob May, voice of The Robot — 'Danger, Will Robinson' —in 'Lost in Space,' dies - San Jose Mercury News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Robby the Robot was a different robot. This guy was the voice of "The Robot" in Lost In Space. I loved that show. RIP Robot.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,688 times
Your right, they were different, my Dad was "robot" "robot -b9" and he brought life, heart and soul to this fun robot. Many people my age have many memories of the show and it warms my heart that they care about my Father and feel sad at the loss of him, believe me, he loved his fans and would be honored by the love sent out from everyone.I have a lifetime of beautiful memories with this amazing man, he is my Father. He was a very talented actor and will be missed on screen but, the memories that fill my heart are of this funny, playful, loving Daddy that never left my side and held my hand from the day I was born until the minute he passed. The world will never be the same without him but, I am blessed by being his little girl and getting to share this life with him! He was a devoted husband to my beautiful Mother, a loving Dad to my brother and I and the worlds best Grandpa to my son Devin and my brothers three children. A man like that comes around once in a lifetime. This one was mine and I am a better person because of his love! I will miss him everyday!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,688 times
also, let me add this....the "robbie the robot" was from "forbidden planet" and was first played by the actor Frankie Darrow. He and my parents were dear friends and the two robots were often confused by name until they saw them. just a little piece of robot trivia for you. I guess you could call me alil bit of a robot expert, after all, it was installed in my hard drive at birth!...lol...miss you Daddy!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 AM

91 posts, read 226,165 times
My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your dad, DeborahMay.

I'm sure you are walking around in a fog saying, "That does not compute!"

As a kid, I LOVED Lost In Space and even wanted to build my own robot! It's so cool that you were conceived by THE Robot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities