Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I agree, it is fun to hear someone say something that you are thinking. the politically correct crap we have here in our Country is annoying already.

If ya cant sing, ya cant sing....go home.
There's a sort of 'Yes, I can' thing that they teach kids in school these days, I think. Nobody is ever a loser. Everyone wins.

For kids who are shy and inhibited, that probably is a good technique to bring them out of their shells, but for kids whose parents are constantly bragging about them and telling them that they are perfect - we are creating monsters. Sometimes the first time they hear the truth is on the job - or on some tv show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
I enjoy Simon Cowell....I totally miss him on AI. He adds so much to the shows. Don't like him, quit watching the TV shoes he developed. Mad respect for someone that talented in a dog eat dog profession. He is a world famous music producer and TV show producer.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I enjoy Simon Cowell....I totally miss him on AI. He adds so much to the shows. Don't like him, quit watching the TV shoes he developed. Mad respect for someone that talented in a dog eat dog profession. He is a world famous music producer and TV show producer.
Saw him tonight with the woman he supposedly broke up with that he said was a mistake.
He came in his Rolls to Whole Foods in Crescent in Beverly Hills at 8pm. He was not pushing her cart and was smiling at my little 3 year old, so he has some good taste.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:33 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
I just started the latest book Sweet Revenge - the latest book on Simon. Most of his former girlfriends continue to be smog his closest friends. He has a habit of buying them very expensive houses after the relationships have ended.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:39 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
One of my friends verbalized something I had thought for at least a decade. He said "Isn't it amazing how when someone with a Brit accent opens their mouths, Americans just up and listen to them and asumme credibility?" That is very common in LA. You have all these Brits that "feign" credibility and people just hang all over them. When I lived in ATL, there was a disc jockey named Craig Inchwood (sp). There was nothing special about him, except his accent, so I guess that's why he had that job.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:38 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
One of my friends verbalized something I had thought for at least a decade. He said "Isn't it amazing how when someone with a Brit accent opens their mouths, Americans just up and listen to them and asumme credibility?" That is very common in LA. You have all these Brits that "feign" credibility and people just hang all over them. When I lived in ATL, there was a disc jockey named Craig Inchwood (sp). There was nothing special about him, except his accent, so I guess that's why he had that job.
I think it has something to do with the way, most of the time, British people have been portrayed in the media. Bright, upstanding, responsible, honest, believing in fairplay, they are even supposed to be clean!

Of coarse, that sounds dumb, but I think there are a lot of subconscious things coming into play.

There are also the history books and foundling fathers who had British lineage and that we were allies in the war. They also tend to send troops to assist us, even in horrors like Iraq.

Our war of liberation from them is something we now both joke about.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
I know about the British accent doing something magical to US people, they can sell anything to anyone with that Brit talk! it's scary! I think that love hate relationship is never going away! But Cowell is still an a..hole in the things he says to people on these shows. It may be an act but he's saying those things and that's making him sound horrible. Some even think he's gorgeous looking, I can't see it. He may be a sweet person in real life but I don't like the fact he plays a nasty creep on TV, some will do anything for money or fame...

Old 06-01-2012, 11:10 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,500 times
I wouldn't say I like him.

AI isn't nearly as entertaining without him though.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:33 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,522 times
Simon just finished a stint on the latest series of 'Britain's Got Talent'. I can't help but like him. A dog act won, and he was delighted. Loved the dog, and it's young owner. I think, as others have said here, he is a nice man at the bottom of him. I think he looks after Susan Boyle very well. He has said he has a duty of care for Susan beyond the money making aspect.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 AM

19,503 posts, read 9,530,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I know about the British accent doing something magical to US people, they can sell anything to anyone with that Brit talk! it's scary! I think that love hate relationship is never going away! But Cowell is still an a..hole in the things he says to people on these shows. It may be an act but he's saying those things and that's making him sound horrible. Some even think he's gorgeous looking, I can't see it. He may be a sweet person in real life but I don't like the fact he plays a nasty creep on TV, some will do anything for money or fame...
Like telling Demi Lovatto (past struggles with bulimia that put her in the hospital) to lose 20 lbs before the next season, [Wash. (DC) Post Express, 5/6/2013, p31]? According to the article, guess she plans to comply to his wishes, or is that more like demands?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities