Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:01 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So he is a symbol to Americans everywhere and he is arrested for a DUI and caught smoking weed. Hmmm, maybe not some one I want my kids to look up as a role model.

I did I drink when I was under 21 yes but I had the common sense not to drive. Kids mess up but to say it should be blown off because it happens is BS. When I did something wrong you better believe my parents dropped the hammer.

another hypocrite on citydata. it's morally acceptable for you to break the law and drink underage but not for an adult to smoke a joint? as far as i am concerned they should've given him time for driving drunk like all dui's but for smoking a joint? gimme a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:44 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
another hypocrite on citydata. it's morally acceptable for you to break the law and drink underage but not for an adult to smoke a joint? as far as i am concerned they should've given him time for driving drunk like all dui's but for smoking a joint? gimme a break!

I was wrong when I did it.

Newsflash just because you don't think it should be illegal doesn't mean you can do it. If that were the case people could do pretty much anything they wanted.

It is against the law pure and simple.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I was wrong when I did it.

Newsflash just because you don't think it should be illegal doesn't mean you can do it. If that were the case people could do pretty much anything they wanted.

It is against the law pure and simple.

another one who'd still be paying taxes to king george!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,031 times
If he wasnt one of my favorites before, he is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,068,152 times
If you want to get high, fine. But if you are famous, do it by yourself or in the company of a couple of friends that you trust. Don't do it in a room full of virtual strangers armed with cell phone cameras.
I think MP got et up by the dumba** bird.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
another one who'd still be paying taxes to king george!

Perfect example of having ZERO argument so you post something that doesn't have anything to do with the argument. Nice job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Yup have to love those who show so much compassion they get drunk and get behind the wheel. Never mind he could have killed innocent people he's a good swimmer.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,234 times
Typical airhead athlete not because he used pot but because he got caught and jeopardized millions in endorsements. How could he allow himself to be photographed?

"Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere."
--President George Washington, 1794

Old 02-06-2009, 02:33 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Mine too. And I don't even support the legalization of weed. You shouldn't do it. It's bad for you one way or another and it's currently illegal and causes many problems getting it from the ground to the user. But I poked smot many a time until it was time for me to stop. And stopping wasn't an easy task! Almost as hard as quiting tobacco.

But maybe MP was smoking to avoid drinking. Not the best plan, but to some hard drinking non-alcoholics, it may work ok. It's called the Marijuana Maintenance Program. It comes right after Step 13. Of course, for a alky, it don't work. It's further proof that our outside circumstances don't fix our internal circumstances.

I did a lot of drugs and drank a lot of booze by his age of 23. In fact, I'd almost killed myself of alcohol poisoning about every 3rd time I drank from the ages of 10 to... well just recently. 5 Years and 27 days ago. So I've spent the last 5 years and 27 days not drinking a sip of booze and not taking a toke of smoke and no acid, shrooms, coke, meth, you name it. I don't even take Nyquil. But that's just me. I'm not here to preach to the habits or addictions of others. If I could control their drinking or drugging by threatening, coercing, begging, frothy emotional appeal, etc. then I'd be one powerful individual indeed!

You could call me McGowGod!

Now Kellogg is another story. I will go out of my way to not buy their product anymore. This I can do. I also think America should take his 8 medals he won and give them to China. I could care less about the Olympics at this point. I hope this economy can continue to be just bad enough that I survive it and all of MP's sponsors' that think they need to punish him go under. That includes the World Olympics too.

Have a nice weekend.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Perfect example of having ZERO argument so you post something that doesn't have anything to do with the argument. Nice job

drug prohibition is unjust and it's an infringement on civil liberties. anyone who concludes that it is immoral because it's illegal doesn't know their history!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:59 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,045,513 times
who cares if he smokes pot? Stupid Kate Moss has been seen many times doing cocaine and nothing happens to her and they keep allowing her into the states and saying she is a role model...please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities