U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:57 AM

18,307 posts, read 17,680,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
did I miss something? when the heck did Salma Hayek have a baby?

Salma Hayek Still Breastfeeding: "I'm Like An Alcoholic"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 02:16 PM

12,180 posts, read 11,059,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Where's the line? googoo.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:53 AM

635 posts, read 1,184,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Why waste perfectly good breast milk? Malnourished mothers cant produce enough milk to feed thier children. Maybe while Ms. Selma is over there she could convince these mothers to stop having babies they cant feed. OOOPS! Maybe she should do that here instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sooo true, there are posts upon posts about Nadya here on CD. However, the ABC News story mentions that the men won't let the mothers nurse in Sierra Leone past a few months so many babies die. Why? Because the men won't have sex with a breast feeding woman Wet Nurses and Cross Nurses have a long solid history. Theres even an agency that provides Wet Nurses (Google) for those power moms who don't have time or moms who have health probs and can't, moms who take meds that prevent nursing, mom's who have had implants or breast surgery, mothers with multiple births (common now).

Last edited by justhere; 02-15-2009 at 01:07 AM..

Old 02-16-2009, 06:23 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,742,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Why dont we ALL do something about the poverty level Americans? What are YOU doing mainegirl?

I think its great what she's doing.
I don't have to explain myself to you, DABEEZ. I do PLENTY for charities in my local area.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,372,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhere View Post
Sooo true, there are posts upon posts about Nadya here on CD. However, the ABC News story mentions that the men won't let the mothers nurse in Sierra Leone past a few months so many babies die. Why? Because the men won't have sex with a breast feeding woman Wet Nurses and Cross Nurses have a long solid history. Theres even an agency that provides Wet Nurses (Google) for those power moms who don't have time or moms who have health probs and can't, moms who take meds that prevent nursing, mom's who have had implants or breast surgery, mothers with multiple births (common now).
For real

Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM

3,020 posts, read 5,973,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
WTH, that is just plain wierd.

Also, why don't these celebrities do something useful for the millions of poverty level AMERICANS ?
probably because the poverty in America has more to do with bitter, lazy, people who would rather have you and I clothe and feed their children, put a roof over their head, and allow them the ability to get fat while watching junk tv all day instead of working hard to better themselves.

the poverty in Africa is because most of that continent has NEVER had the ability to belong to a society that allows one the opportunity to better themselves. In America, there's not that many excuses to be poor compared to the continent of Africa. africa is in need of more help.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 PM

5 posts, read 6,053 times
Awesome post, At1withnature!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:15 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,742,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestAdviceWouldBeNice View Post
Awesome post, At1withnature!
Yes, AWESOME post, At1withnature.

Got news for you, At1withnature and HonestAdvice :

Not everyone in America who are impoverished are lazy and sit around watching their televisions.

What about the victims of hurricanes, devestating tornados, flooding and wild fires ? Have you been watching the news in regards to how many people have lost their jobs because of the abuse and bad decisions of corporate "leaders" ?

My friend's company recently laid off several people because the company is having financial problems. One of them is a single working mother, and she receives no assistance from the father of her child. She has no health insurance for herself or her child, and she is currently in the poverty level at no fault of her own.

I'm not saying don't help the people in third world countries, I am saying that it seems to be the trend for celebrities to jump on the bandwagon of helping people in other countries, when there are hundreds of thousands of Americans who are living in poverty and/or orphaned due to circumstances beyond their control, and these celebrities make their millions off of Americans.

They say that most people are one paycheck away from being homeless. I'd like to see what you have to say if this happens to you, or someone either of care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities