U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Was Joaquin acting or is he on something?
Just acting 14 48.28%
He is on drugs 13 44.83%
Just clueless 2 6.90%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 AM

2,621 posts, read 7,585,626 times

Advertisements

Joaquin Phoenix on 'David Letterman' : Huh???? | Prime-Time TV commentary | last night, Television | Ken Tucker's Watching TV | EW.com

Quote:
By way of farewell, Letterman said, "Joaquin, I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight."
I think Joaquin is a brilliant actor. However, this interview is making me wonder if he is on medications, drugs, or is getting affected by mental illness. Maybe this is just another command performance by this actor.

He answers questions in a monosyllabic tone and one to two word answers. If there is anyone who can pull off jokes with an awkward moment, it is David Letterman. That was a great and entertaining interview!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 09:11 AM

5,555 posts, read 4,196,443 times
I believe after watching the clip and knowing something about acting is that he is trying to get attention so he can boost his new career. He wasn't on drugs. Letterman was very, very funny.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 AM

2,621 posts, read 7,585,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I believe after watching the clip and knowing something about acting is that he is trying to get attention so he can boost his new career. He wasn't on drugs. Letterman was very, very funny.
I think he was acting, also. If he was playing Letterman, Dave did a great job playing it off.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,257,850 times
I cant believe there are people out there taking this seriously, especially in a world of Borats and Colberts (and Kauffman before that).

He's playing you all. (hint: has anybody not noticed he is being filmed for a "documentary" by his borther in law Casey Affleck? yes, they also just so happened to be at Letterman filming from the crowd last nite as well. Oh, and dont know if you noticed, but Letterman was obviously in on the whole thing).

Its performance art: Joacquin filming his alter-ego. Its made all the more brilliant that people are playing along.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,867,222 times
Joaquin has always grossed me out a bit, so I purposely skipped this appearance. Where drugs are concerned, I like to think that he learned from his older brother's fatal mistakes.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:01 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,508,032 times
I can see why no one would want to be an actor. Seems quite tedious and boring to me. But I was more than a little disturbed to read that his music idols are the gangster rappers

Old 02-12-2009, 04:03 PM

17,605 posts, read 25,219,069 times
I hope he's not on drugs. He was the one who made the 911 call when his brother OD'd.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,996,583 times
I remember back in the early-90s Joaquin often had some fun with his interviewers - making ridiculous comments - like he was playing with them. I suspect that is what's going on - we just have to wait and see but I wouldn't go organizing an intervention yet. The fact that we all suddenly care about the personal life of Joaquin Phoenix may be precisely his point.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:45 PM

9,758 posts, read 13,819,508 times
I really don't like his Grizzly Adams look...I hope he cleans up soon.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:46 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,508,032 times
just watched the clip. OMG-if nothing else-that was classic Letterman. No one does it better than Letterman
Joaquin looked like John Belushi. He could have been acting.............I dunno. It was both weird and funny. I'll give him the benefit of doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
Joaquin Phoenix on 'David Letterman' : Huh???? | Prime-Time TV commentary | last night, Television | Ken Tucker's Watching TV | EW.com

I think Joaquin is a brilliant actor. However, this interview is making me wonder if he is on medications, drugs, or is getting affected by mental illness. Maybe this is just another command performance by this actor.

He answers questions in a monosyllabic tone and one to two word answers. If there is anyone who can pull off jokes with an awkward moment, it is David Letterman. That was a great and entertaining interview!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities