U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:54 PM

3,355 posts, read 5,501,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
My grandfather was always well groomed and well dressed and he wasn't homosexual nor metrosexual. He's what was commonly known as "A Gentleman".
thank you!! I was thinking the same thing. I'm neither metro or homo and I take great pride in my appearance. Your post is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 06:57 PM

1,489 posts, read 6,101,751 times
[quote=ellie;470008]I'm with you on Johnny Depp. George Clooney, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I have more women clamoring to go out with me than any of my straight male friends, and it's probably because I have a "trendy" appearance and behave sympathetically when they talk to me about their plight. /QUOTE]

I think that women like having gay male friends because there's no worry about whether or not you want to get further involved. He's your friend.

With straight male friends they are in two categories, those you are interested in and those you are not. But there is always that going on the background.

Many of my female friends, unless they are in an old and stable relationship or are lesbians, only want to talk about men, clothes, hair, or shopping. BORING. I like to talk about almost anything else.

My gay friends talk to me about art, music, literature, culture, politics, society, travel, so on and so forth. And since there's no danger of my being further involved than friendship, we have a grand time.
I'm a straight man, and I have a female friend. She is married. We are Christians so we mainly talk about Christianity. She's also a fan of my music so we discuss music and bands we like. Thats it. There's nothing romantic about our relationship. Granted, she is 22 years my Senior. Also possibly because she lived 1,000 miles away that could also hinder things

There are some women I meet that I just feel friends with. Then there are women I meet who I want to be with sexually.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:06 PM

25,853 posts, read 44,136,646 times
Quote:
My grandfather was always well groomed and well dressed and he wasn't homosexual nor metrosexual. He's what was commonly known as "A Gentleman".
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. However, there just aren't very many straight "gentlemen" around these parts anymore. They might be more common down in the south, but the Northeast isn't exactly brimming with them.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. However, there just aren't very many straight "gentlemen" around these parts anymore. They might be more common down in the south, but the Northeast isn't exactly brimming with them.
You didnt. Im just saying that men used to seem to care more on average about just being well dressed and nicely groomed. So did people in general.

Honestly, the reason I think women are better looking, is well.. probably because they're women. Men look too masculine to me .

Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 PM

25,853 posts, read 44,136,646 times
Quote:
You didnt. Im just saying that men used to seem to care more on average about just being well dressed and nicely groomed. So did people in general.
I can't speak from experience given my age, but I'll agree that it did seem as if men and women from as recently as two generations ago were much more "refined" and "orderly" in the way they presented themselves. Now, it's a contest to see who can show the most skin and who can gain the biggest beer gut!

Quote:
Honestly, the reason I think women are better looking, is well.. probably because they're women. Men look too masculine to me.
I find women to be attractive, especially older ones (Sally Field is a prime example, as are Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer, and Meredith Veiera). There's just some sort of disease, disorder, or something inside of me that makes me more emotionally-attracted to men. I don't know why.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:58 PM

500 posts, read 2,049,774 times
I think Scranton's right.

Men (I'm talking young dudes mostly) don't always look too good here (neither do girls). They don't care about going out on their pajamas, slippers or sweats; unshowered and clad in some cheap baseball cap... I guess that's what makes them men! Machos, you know.

If you do look good, take care of yourself, dress nice and maybe use a face lotion or do as much as plucking your eyebrows, then you must be a homosexual (said by both men and women).

That's how the logic goes.

I'm a happily married straight guy, but because of the aforementioned (careful grooming, good presence, sweetness), 95% of women and men think I'm gay. It never fails.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Well no one thought my granddaddy was gay. I think its the times we live in.

People just don't know what being a Gentleman is any more.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:41 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,260,705 times
I will admit to picking the newspaper off of the doorstep in my PJ's or a pair of sweats. But that's about the extent of my going out in sweats.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,260,705 times
By the way, my teenage crush was Nancy Kwan.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 AM

246 posts, read 418,767 times
Not sure about crush, but....You know, for the longest time, I liked Matthew Mcaughnahy (sp?) and then the guy from Sweet Home Alabama (her ex, but still married to him in the movie), with Reese Witherspoon. What's his anme? Anyway, 'they both good ol' suth'un fellas'! Oh and I like Harry Connick Jr, too. Ha!
And, I really like Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon - you never see them completely weirded out and they seem very composed and sticking to their "real" lives. Plus, they're both good ol' suth'un gals, too! ha! Oh, and love Rachel Ray and Paula Deen, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities