Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Some of you already have him dead and buried . You know my god is an awesome god and he can move mountains and he and he alone chooses the time of our death . I will continue to pray that God heals him from this dreaded awfull disease . There are cancer survivors in this world . Some people seem to think if you have cancer you are as good as gone . You have to fight and you have to stay strong which seems to me is what patrick swayze is doing . He is hanging on and fighting which maybe is what gets him through the day . I know one thing if I ever get it I am going to fight it tooth and nail to stay alive !!!.
Nobody is saying to give up. But to have unreal expectations that a prayer will save someone with stage 4 pancreatic cancer -- well, let's just say that's a bit unreasonable. At best, you can pretty much just extend your life a little bit through the use of chemotherapy and treatments, not prayer. I hope he's allowed to die if he chooses to do so. Everyone should have the freedom to choose self-euthanasia if need be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 01:19 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
OMG folks, I did not put him down. Please read what I said- I was speaking about the strength of tobacco addiction. For heavans sake. I am a retired nurse who cared for the terminally ill for many years. Please.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,637 times
Quote:
Some of you already have him dead and buried . You know my god is an awesome god and he can move mountains and he and he alone chooses the time of our death . I will continue to pray that God heals him from this dreaded awfull disease . There are cancer survivors in this world . Some people seem to think if you have cancer you are as good as gone . You have to fight and you have to stay strong which seems to me is what patrick swayze is doing . He is hanging on and fighting which maybe is what gets him through the day . I know one thing if I ever get it I am going to fight it tooth and nail to stay alive !!!.
You know what, if your prayers work and he pulls through I'll be on my knees hollerin' and praising your almighty...Since I'm not "saved" or care to be saved, I'll just hope he's not in too much pain and is content with what he's leaving behind. People like him are lucky in a way, they get to experience something very powerful and spiritual, Hope I'm that lucky and don't get offed off suddenly without warning on a day that my home isn't looking the way it should and I have the wrong underwear on.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if it sounds like I have him dead and buried.. I didn't want it to come out like that.

After seeing the various "chemo/cancer face stages" with my dad, there are similarities and while I'd like to believe he's going to beat this I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
OMG folks, I did not put him down. Please read what I said- I was speaking about the strength of tobacco addiction. For heavans sake. I am a retired nurse who cared for the terminally ill for many years. Please.
I'm sorry.. I just reread what you wrote..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Nobody is saying to give up. But to have unreal expectations that a prayer will save someone with stage 4 pancreatic cancer -- well, let's just say that's a bit unreasonable. At best, you can pretty much just extend your life a little bit through the use of chemotherapy and treatments, not prayer. I hope he's allowed to die if he chooses to do so. Everyone should have the freedom to choose self-euthanasia if need be.
He has extended his life.
Most people with his diagnosis would have been gone last year

I agree with self-euthanasia.
Watching the one guy on Private Practice with Sam & Pete, I was glad they did a story line like that

Old 02-20-2009, 02:09 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I found other pictures that look like they were taken around the same time but his face had more stubble, he looks better in those pics, by better, I mean not as on deaths door like the one you linked to.

It's been a while since I saw any photos of him. Last time he still looked robust. It's horrid what it does to you.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:22 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
Thank you Roselvr. And I have the utmost empathy for what you experienced.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:24 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
I wish the papparazzi would now leave him alone and let him go in peace with his family.
He has been a stand up guy and has given his interviews.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
It's been a while since I saw any photos of him. Last time he still looked robust. It's horrid what it does to you.
The thing is, I don't know if it was a bad camera angle with the one on TMZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Thank you Roselvr. And I have the utmost empathy for what you experienced.
Thank you

Old 02-20-2009, 08:45 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
None of the recent photos show him in good health. I also ring in on the side of "let him smoke, drink, do crystal meth, shoot heroin, do lines of coke" or whatever gets him through the night. I don't know if the onset of pancreatic cancer had anything to do with his heavy smoking, but now it's far too late to worry about that. He has already lasted so long; if he's ready to go, then it's time. I don't want to go on "death watch", but seriously, he's not going to last more than another month at best.

I think most people start out being combative with their illness (as indeed Patrick did), but after chemo takes its toll, after your quality of life begins to suffer, you eventually get tired of fighting. Pancreatic cancer is particularly awful, because it starves you. Not a fun way to go.

I hope his last days with his wife (they've been married for 33 years!) are peaceful, happy ones as much as possible.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:41 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,437,138 times
I second that. May the days he has left be filled with love and peace.
It is really sad to see him, or anyone else going through this...

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities