Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:13 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,124,112 times

Advertisements

really?

Well pray tell, so I can pass along to her children, what my relative could have done to prevent her cancer. She exercised,ate right,didn't drink or smoke.............just sayin.....

All I learned from her illness is--do whatever I want,when I wanna because life is short.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Yes I think it does. If we can learn something from others who have suffered and use preventative measures to avoid our chances. Then yes, it matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 01:51 PM

23,809 posts, read 33,297,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
really?

Well pray tell, so I can pass along to her children, what my relative could have done to prevent her cancer. She exercised,ate right,didn't drink or smoke.............just sayin.....

All I learned from her illness is--do whatever I want,when I wanna because life is short.........
Well, you know.. my dad was responsible for his own cancer.. he deserved it according to one of my sibs.

He worked a lot, ate like crap & smoked, what did he expect?
Then he wanted one of us to save his life with a stem cell transplant.
Not from her. She didn't have a father.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:16 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,913,736 times
Quote:
does it matter? really? In the long run???
we all die due to something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My relative that just passed from Pancreatic Cancer was a prude. Didn't drink any liquor nor smoke nor would she be around anyone who did. She led a clean,healthy life........
guess what?? she died anyway.
My friend's husband just died as well. He was overweight, but active. Never smoked and not a drinker. I was, before he died, looking around for something promising. It seems there are umpteen research studies underway, trying different strategies against cancers, but they just don't pan out.

There were one or two that used nanoparticles. I think one had those particles of some substance that were attracted to the cancer. Once they lodged there - I forget - they either lasered them because they could find more of them more easily or they applied heat which only activated in those target areas. I may be mixing two studies, but these both sound as though they could get cancer that had spread which is the main problem with pancreatic.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,913,736 times
Quote:
really?

We all are afraid - that it could happen to us - so we look for something to separate us from the victim.
We say poor folks don't want to work - but we see so many around us in the process of becoming poor that the comment is just to insulate us from the horror.

Yes, life is short, but those who did what they wanted and did not save are in a pickle today with the bad economy.

In face of the unknown people used to give offering to the gods, hoping that bad things would not happen to them.

The only way I can see to go through life is to exercise some caution in what you do, err on the side of being moderate and hope.

I heard that oncologists have a huge job turnover rate. It takes a special person to be able to be called to the healing professions and to treat someone with the almost certain knowledge that they will die. Could you imagine dealing with one grief stricken family after another?

How do they keep their spirits up, I wonder?

Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,304,011 times
well said goldengrain, (terminal)illness can hit anyone at any time, no one is an exception. But we do keep trying to make sence of it all...all we have is hope ...so we do the best we can every day and try to not worry so much because that'll just ruin our life;

You'll see many in the healthcare system are addicted to meds and have no social life/marriage/family life ... end up suiciding or drinking themselves into oblivion; that just goes to show what they contend with each day; then some are so desensitised, they could care less what happens to their patients...

Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 PM

4,790 posts, read 5,881,290 times
He can Bogart his joint all he wants.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,124,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
He can Bogart his joint all he wants.
you crackin me up tonight girl!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:13 PM

15,442 posts, read 21,251,255 times
Patrick Swayze died today.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,157,879 times
I'll miss him! RIP

Patrick Swayze Dies At 57 | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

Old 09-14-2009, 06:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,358,777 times
May he rest in peace.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities