Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 05:20 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,170,229 times

Advertisements

Isn't this part of that culture? "Gangstas" and bi*chs and ho*s and "bustin a cap in yo a*s" A couple of years ago the Grammys, they had a couple of guys with gold grids on their teeth performing "It's Tough Out There For A Pimp"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 05:43 PM

784 posts, read 2,260,683 times
I find that guys who beat on women are usually little sissys towards men.

I'd like to play patty cake with mr. Brown!!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:42 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,883,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Isn't this part of that culture? "Gangstas" and bi*chs and ho*s and "bustin a cap in yo a*s" A couple of years ago the Grammys, they had a couple of guys with gold grids on their teeth performing "It's Tough Out There For A Pimp"
I dont think either of them are part of the "culture" I think you are referring to. Neither of them are hip hop/rap. They are more Top 40 like Brittney Spears, Gaga, etc.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,337,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I can't believe TMZ would release this picture and whoever they got it from should be fired. This story is over played. Not that domestic Violence isn't a big issue or that it shouldn't be in this case. The two people involved haven't really spoke this. I guess they really don't need to. I have heard reports that should Rhianna be the spokes person for Women of domestic violence. No. I had experienced this in my first marriage and many other women do as well everyday. She is off with her friends in some retreat. Most women are in shelters and trying to PPO which is really nothing but a piece of paper. THis isn't the first time this has happened in the celeb world and when it does it gets more press than a women who hads to hide with her children. If anything Chris Brown should come out and be a spoke person to men. First by being upfront and telling the truth and saying he was wrong. I sick of hearing about this as it happens everyday in every city not just to Rhianna she isn't any better than all the others..sorry
I've felt the same way since this first became public. i hate when something happens in celeb world and the media blows it up to such huge proportions. Women are getting abused every day, why are they not getting prime time news coverage and people not outside the man's job demanding he be fired and locked away in a cage like an animal? Why do people only care about other people when they happen to rich and famous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
The only connection Chris Brown and Rihanna have with the Grammy Winning Three 6 Mafia is they happen to be black - what culture are you talking about? Chris Brown and Rihanna are both pop music. If you're going to use music as a culture you need to compare them to other pop stars not rappers.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:01 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,296,591 times
Poor girl, I can't imagine what being brutalized by a man and one you are in love with must feel like.

There's a new pic of her going about her business on TMZ.

Rihanna Emerges - TMZ.com

Old 02-22-2009, 10:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,883,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The only connection Chris Brown and Rihanna have with the Grammy Winning Three 6 Mafia is they happen to be black - what culture are you talking about? Chris Brown and Rihanna are both pop music. If you're going to use music as a culture you need to compare them to other pop stars not rappers.
Exactly. They both have nothing whatsoever to do with anything hip hop. They are Pop music (i.e., Madonna, Britney, U2, etc.) is "their culture". I really dont know what Quietwalker is getting at with her remark.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:09 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,326,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Chris gave her a working over. Damn.

Rihanna -- The Face of a Battered Woman - TMZ.com
What's disturbing is that this may not be the first woman he has done this to. Most likely, there are some young girls out there who have been slapped or worse by this very ignorant boy, and didn't tell anyone. I have absolutely no respect for him or the culture that he represents. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of the promotion of that culture. I hope so. I hope this is the end of his career too.

Brown needs to be dealt with in the severest manner possible. Whether or not you are a fan of Rhianna, she may become the poster child for the condemnation of the hip-hop ignorance that Brown represents. No woman should be treated this way, under any circumstance!

Old 02-22-2009, 05:42 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,337,543 times
Quote:
Whether or not you are a fan of Rhianna, she may become the poster child for the condemnation of the hip-hop ignorance that Brown represents. No woman should be treated this way, under any circumstance!
Uh Chris Brown is a pop artist so I don't know what he represents to you. The majority of his songs are bubble gum nothingness. Most radio stations consider him hip-hop because you can dance to his music, but as far as hip-hop ignorance...which one of his songs are you referring to? But for the moment lets try to separate the real life events from entertainment (especially if we're going to talk about a genre he's not in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Brown needs to be dealt with in the severest manner possible.
I can't stand this type of attitude. Why do we do hold celebs to such high standards? If he hit her, slapped her, punched her, whatever then yes he needs to be held accountable but I don't believe his punishment should be any more severe than it would be if neither of them were famous. I don't know when we started thinking that celebs were some form of Gods but we need to remember that having money and being famous does not mean you are not a person. And like non-famous people these celebs have personal problems and issues; so just like non-famous people he needs to accept responsibility for what he's done and try to get help to resolve whatever issues he may have.

I don't believe in the principle of making examples out of people. This is why one person will get 7 years and another get 7 months for the same crime - because somebody felt it was their duty to use that person to prove a point.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,134,753 times
Default she's back with him-good grief

allegedly they are back together. Typical conduct for a battered woman.

Report: Chris Brown & Rihanna Back Together - omg! news on Yahoo!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,965,294 times
Rhianna is pure trash just like chris brown, jlo the fur ho, lady gaga, beyonce, etc. Some say rhianna asked for it but i highly doubt that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities