U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:52 PM
 
16,393 posts, read 10,584,186 times
Reputation: 15544
Default Press making big deal of Michelle Obama and sleeveless dresses

I cannot believe the press is making a big deal of Michelle Obama wearing a different sleeveless dress 3 days in a row. Does anyone really care? With everything going on in the world is there anyone that is really upset by this? Michelle Obama is a very fit woman who works out and is healthy. I just find the whole thing silly.

 
Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 AM
 
2,134 posts, read 2,427,417 times
Reputation: 2956
Ya know, if she were dressing like Laura Bush, they'd be bitchin' about that. I think Michelle wears her clothes very well, and it could be, some are jealous??? That white dress on inauguration night was fantastic.
 
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
 
784 posts, read 1,497,381 times
Reputation: 534
What is the fascination with what this lady wears. I personally dont think it matters what the heck she wears. She's ugly regardless. No clothes will replace that skeletor smiling face...
 
Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks, AK...formerly Kentucky
632 posts, read 1,221,780 times
Reputation: 442
I haven't heard anything about this controversy but it doesn't suprise me. She is a very fit and stylish woman who dresses appropriately for her position. I finally received my new Vogue in the mail yesterday and she looks great on the cover. Haven't had a chance to read the article yet but the pictures are beautiful. Its refreshing to see a modern vibrant woman as First Lady.
 
Old 02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Niles, Michigan
1,692 posts, read 2,179,883 times
Reputation: 839
Yes, what is the big deal. If you watch TV ladies wear sleevless dresses all the time in the winter. Soaps are great for that, they can be having a snow storm and they wear tank tops. I always see Kathie lee and Hoda wearing sleevless .
 
Old 02-27-2009, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
4,643 posts, read 4,431,078 times
Reputation: 2556
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
I haven't heard anything about this controversy but it doesn't suprise me. She is a very fit and stylish woman who dresses appropriately for her position. I finally received my new Vogue in the mail yesterday and she looks great on the cover. Haven't had a chance to read the article yet but the pictures are beautiful. Its refreshing to see a modern vibrant woman as First Lady.
I just bought the Vogue, looked at the pics, but haven't had a chance to read the article. Anyone with Michelle's toned arms looks great in sleeveless. She looked fantastic in the green dress she wore for the Stevie Wonder event at the WH. They're making a big deal about Obama not wearing a jacket and rolling up his shirtsleeves. It's not what you do, it's how you look. LOL. Maybe you remember the big deal about Hillary changing her hairstyle when she was in the WH.
 
Old 02-27-2009, 04:44 PM
 
9,034 posts, read 4,575,971 times
Reputation: 6480
Well I don't think she is ugly ... I think she is a very attractive lady and she wears her clothes well. I noticed the 'sleeveless' articles too and thought goodness with the economy going to hell in a hand basket, people losing their jobs and homes ... what has Michelle Obama's sleeveless dresses got to do with the price of groceries/mortgages/unemployment.
 
Old 02-28-2009, 02:48 AM
 
Location: County Mayo Descendant
2,641 posts, read 2,650,661 times
Reputation: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I just bought the Vogue, looked at the pics, but haven't had a chance to read the article. Anyone with Michelle's toned arms looks great in sleeveless. She looked fantastic in the green dress she wore for the Stevie Wonder event at the WH. They're making a big deal about Obama not wearing a jacket and rolling up his shirtsleeves. It's not what you do, it's how you look. LOL. Maybe you remember the big deal about Hillary changing her hairstyle when she was in the WH.
The news just picks up on anything, I don't care if Obama don't have a suitcoat on, its not the clothes that make a person, Michelle has always looked nice, I wish she'd really shock them with jeans and a T-shirt, maybe she will sooner or later.
 
Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 AM
 
Location: County Mayo Descendant
2,641 posts, read 2,650,661 times
Reputation: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Well I don't think she is ugly ... I think she is a very attractive lady and she wears her clothes well. I noticed the 'sleeveless' articles too and thought goodness with the economy going to hell in a hand basket, people losing their jobs and homes ... what has Michelle Obama's sleeveless dresses got to do with the price of groceries/mortgages/unemployment.
YEP !
 
Old 02-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Status: "Ft. Knox/Louisville for the weekend." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: The Millennial Republic of Arlington, Virginia
14,469 posts, read 16,148,428 times
Reputation: 14422
Michelle is a very attractive lady who is very much in shape. She can wear whatever the h^&( she wants and look good doing it.

Apparently, this country can't handle having an attractive first lady for a change. We have an economic catastrophe on our hands, a Mexican drug war, lots of jobs being lost, and people actually want to focus on the first lady's attire when its her husband people need to be focused on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top