Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,018,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Ha! Now let's see if his fame gets him off the hook. Two felony counts.
Not fame, his dizzy bint of a girlfriend

Chris Brown allowed to have contact with Rihanna - CNN.com

Quote:
(CNN) -- Singer Rihanna, through her lawyer, asked a judge Thursday not to prohibit her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, from having contact with her while he faces felony charges of assaulting her.
Some pretty sickening details follow ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 05:05 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,410,134 times
I'll say it again, LIFESTYLE CHOICE. Everyone makes them. She has publicly admitted that she deserves to be smacked around and is willing to be put in "her place" by her "man". I bet the make up sex was great.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:44 AM

7,343 posts, read 5,459,954 times
It will be interesting to see what this fiasco will do to their careers.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:04 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,445,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
It will be interesting to see what this fiasco will do to their careers.
I don't know.

They both strike me as 'immature' and I am somewhat annoyed to be involved in their relationship.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,346,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I don't know.

They both strike me as 'immature' and I am somewhat annoyed to be involved in their relationship.
I agree. That's why I disliked the media blow up of this. They portrayed him to be some man beating maniac. I think in reality, they are both probably very immature people with serious lack of self control and quick tempers. I would hope that both of them seek counseling individually and try to resolve whatever issues they have.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:33 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,704,544 times
Quote:
I don't know.

Of course they are immature. He is 19 and she just turned 21.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,533,660 times
Again it doesn't matter that they are 19 or 21. We teach children to not hit each other if they are angry. I heard last night after his hearing he was in a bar. I really do not think that this has impacted him at all. I think because of his childhood this is learn behavior for him. He is all talk but no walk. I heard a replay of an interview he did with Tara Banks a few years ago. Great talk. This cycle he has needs to be broke. She as well needs help. Either way he will get a slap on the hands because he has the money to get one. THe public can send him the message and stop making excuses for him.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:30 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,445,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Again it doesn't matter that they are 19 or 21. We teach children to not hit each other if they are angry. I heard last night after his hearing he was in a bar. I really do not think that this has impacted him at all. I think because of his childhood this is learn behavior for him. He is all talk but no walk. I heard a replay of an interview he did with Tara Banks a few years ago. Great talk. This cycle he has needs to be broke. She as well needs help. Either way he will get a slap on the hands because he has the money to get one. THe public can send him the message and stop making excuses for him.
They are celebrities, with sizable egos, too.

I will leave it to those with appropriate credentials to evaluate the underlying causes, etc.

Domestic violence is certainly a serious problem that affects the entire society and I don't wish to minimize the severity of the syndrome. In this instance it seems to me that there is hope for rehabilitation.

Quite possibly the relationship will 'wither on the vine'--perhaps more quickly if the spotlight is removed?

Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,018,783 times
Quote:
Quite possibly the relationship will 'wither on the vine'--perhaps more quickly if the spotlight is removed?
The 'spotlight' might have a bit to do with how events play out in that relationship (I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this nonsense, but it's cold outside and I'm bored )

Should Rhi-what's-er-face-name-that-I-forgot-how-to-spell not go back because of the way what's-'is-name treated her, she brands him as a true hip-hop thug. From what I've read, he has been described as the exact opposite. "Polite, shy, family-oriented" seem to be words most bandied about. But, also, if Rhi-whatever does an Oprah-thing and portrays herself as a victim, there will probably be some in the industry who label her as "angry black woman" as a backlash to the damage she'll do to the profitable music machine that is Brown. I'll bet most of this is being handled behind the scenes, around boardroom tables, with instructions to both on how to get past this while also saving their careers (probably the priority to their handlers).

Bloggers have had their say; Anderson Cooper just the latest
Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Rihanna: Role model? « - Blogs from CNN.com
I thought the comments after the blog were interesting.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:37 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,286,190 times
Music died a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities