U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:27 PM

2,815 posts, read 4,343,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
She's been upgraded to stable condition. It doesn't sound as dire as it did earlier.
Stable just means that--you can be stable & be in a coma. It's just a vague condition statement, & just indicates the vital signs are, well, stable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 12:05 AM

724 posts, read 1,113,260 times
A friend of mine read Joan River's book years ago and went to a book signing where they met. Based on both, my friend said she had so much respect for Miss Rivers: that she had gone through ---- establishing herself as a comedy artist in a male dominated field.

Before posting this I looked on Amazon and she has written not just "a" book, so I really don't know which one my friend was speaking about.

I just wish her and her family well.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 AM

30,453 posts, read 31,386,514 times
Local NYC TV news channels are reporting that the hospital will try to take her out of the induced coma over the weekend to assess any physical damage that might have been caused to her.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:38 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,569,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It would be a challenge to find a more ridiculous post. I must have missed the edict that females working in any capacity are required to be "icons for feminism." Huh?

Memo: Women have been successful in many fields since time immemorial. They never needed feminists, and they don't need to be feminists.
Did you read the post I was replying to? I wasn't the one who introduced the idea of her being an icon because of her work as a female in that field.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:30 PM

12,643 posts, read 14,685,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
A friend of mine read Joan River's book years ago and went to a book signing where they met. Based on both, my friend said she had so much respect for Miss Rivers: that she had gone through ---- establishing herself as a comedy artist in a male dominated field.

Before posting this I looked on Amazon and she has written not just "a" book, so I really don't know which one my friend was speaking about.

I just wish her and her family well.
Agreed. I had never really liked her without even knowing anything about her. But once I started watching her reality TV show, I actually came to like and appreciate her. I know reality TV isn't exactly "real life," but still I respected and appreciated her after watching it.

And I have to say - the same with the Kardashians. I had based my opinion of them on what everyone said about them. I never watched their show until this summer, but after watching it I actually have come to like and respect the family, including Kim, but especially Kris. They are not like I expected based on blurbs I hear here and there. I also think Bruce has a great head on his shoulders based on comments he has made. Now how and why he has gone from being hot in the 70s to what he looks like now, I don't understand.

Anyway, about Joan - I wish her well.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:36 PM

14,361 posts, read 12,657,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Agreed. I had never really liked her without even knowing anything about her. But once I started watching her reality TV show, I actually came to like and appreciate her. I know reality TV isn't exactly "real life," but still I respected and appreciated her after watching it.

And I have to say - the same with the Kardashians. I had based my opinion of them on what everyone said about them. I never watched their show until this summer, but after watching it I actually have come to like and respect the family, including Kim, but especially Kris. They are not like I expected based on blurbs I hear here and there. I also think Bruce has a great head on his shoulders based on comments he has made. Now how and why he has gone from being hot in the 70s to what he looks like now, I don't understand.

Anyway, about Joan - I wish her well.
It's called getting old, some people just age better than others, with or without plastic surgery.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Local NYC TV news channels are reporting that the hospital will try to take her out of the induced coma over the weekend to assess any physical damage that might have been caused to her.
I hope she didn't suffer any brain damage.

I have always liked and admired her and am hoping with all my heart that she has a complete recovery.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:24 PM

1,993 posts, read 2,316,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It sounds like they will do it Saturday. I hope she recovers.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:38 PM

12,643 posts, read 14,685,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It's called getting old, some people just age better than others, with or without plastic surgery.
I don't think it's just aging. He's had some weird plastic surgery or something. But I still like him.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:27 AM

Joan Rivers has reportedly been put on life support - MSN TV News

What does this mean?

That when they tried to bring her out of the medically induced coma she couldn't even breath on her own?

Sounds like a lot of brain damage.

It doesn't look like she is going to make it.

I can't believe it, I really thought she was going to be OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or