U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:42 PM

3,657 posts, read 4,652,605 times

Advertisements

I hope she gets better soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:53 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,735,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
At first I didn't know who she was. Her husband is Liam Nelson. Not spelled right I know. Her MOm is Venessa Redgrave I think. I guess she was fine for like an hour and then things went bad. I think it sounds pretty bad.
I have been reading that the family is going to comment tomorrow. That doesn't sound good to me especially with all the misinformation on the Web.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 PM

1,692 posts, read 2,304,295 times
Yes, I did hear that on the Web there was reports of her passing away. I heard they were moving her back to New York which seems odd to me as if she is in such bad shape. I wondered as with many people who have brain trama that they are in a comma and sometimes the family has to turn everything off. Mabe they have and just brought her home or they are going to. I don't know doesn't sound good and she has two boys.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,405,941 times
Here's another article on Natasha - the news is grim. But the article does have some good information/advice on what to do if one receives a blow to the head.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509586,00.html

How can a person be fine one minute and brain dead the next?

Natasha Richardson was reported to be "fine at first" after she hit her head in a skiing accident, but the 45-year-old actress' health began to deteriorate within an hour.

[mod cut: copyright violation]

Last edited by SandyCo; 03-18-2009 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: copyright violation; please post only a couple of lines.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,584,665 times
I just watched Natasha Richardson on "White Countess" recently. She was terrific in that movie and the movie itself is the kind of movie I love: foreign setting (Shanghai - China), historical time period (circa 1900's), complete with drama, a beautiful love story, and the incoming Japanese invasion in the background.
Ralph Fiennes plays opposite her, and her mother & aunt, Vanessa & Lynn Redgrave play alongside with her. I highly recommend renting this movie.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 AM

9,758 posts, read 13,835,998 times
It is tragic - a HS coach of mine lost his only child, an adult daughter, with this exact type of injury. She was struck from behind in her car, and the jostling caused her brain to hit the inside of her skull. No one can see or feel the hemmorhaging as it happens, and unless it is treated immediately (basically, they stent the flow of the accumulated fluids to avoid pressure on the brain) it can cause severe damage and/or death. A colleague of mine also had a bad head injury occur right in front of me while we were at an annual meeting - he was rushed to the hospital and was unable to leave the country (the meeting was abroad) for several weeks.

I really love Natasha and her work - and am still hopeful that they will tell us that she will make a recovery from this. Has anyone heard any recent news or concrete facts?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 AM

896 posts, read 3,082,211 times
I am usually not one to follow celebrity comings and goings but for some strange reason--this has hit me very hard. I feel so bad for Natasha Richardson and her family. What a horrible, horrible thing to go through. It has brought back a lot of memories for me regarding an accident with my daughter, who thankfully survived a random thing, but as a parent..it has brought it all back and I am so depressed for them.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 AM

1,692 posts, read 2,304,295 times
I think that the reports that they brought her back to New York to remove her life support are most likley true. If she was being trated where she was and not stable why would you move her unless it would make no difference. I heard the family will make a statement at some point today. I think it has hit people that with all the medical info and help we have these days a small injury can still hurt us. When that happens to the head it can be more of an issue. I think it just doesn't make sense. I have worked with Brain injured people who had more take place than a bump on the head and they are still here. Not the same but still here. The reports don't say that she had a big hit and still this is what happens.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Status: "so confused at my state of confusion" (set 16 days ago)

8,091 posts, read 8,331,244 times
Oh my goodness I will pray for her and her family . I just feel for people who loose people to something so senseless such as a small bump on the head . We had an aunt who went to a baseball game and she got hit in the head with a way ward baseball and was killed instantly . again a freak accident as they call them . I will pray for her and her family and I hope that she comes back in tact and does not pass away . Really sad this type of stuff .

Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,042 posts, read 7,943,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
weird too in that she was on a beginners course. Had a pro ski instructor with her. Made it to a flat area before falling. Walked about laughing and talking for about an hour before saying she had a headache. THEN was taken to the hospital. None of that sounds so drastic but the reports are sounding severe.
Exactly. I'm wondering if she had an undiagnosed brain aneurysm that might have ruptured from the fall. Aneurysms cause an intense headache and it was one of her complaints afterwards. Very weird... So sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities