U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 02:57 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,576,878 times

Advertisements

Well, I watched him sing on Ellen this morning and again this afternoon He sings and performs like a seasoned pro! Does anyone know if there are any music videos in the works for MTV? (I hear tell they actually do show music videos every great once in a while! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 03:10 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,209,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
I think we both read it differently.
I am confused. By two things actually...

One - the title of the article was an assessment by someone else, not Adam just as the quotes in the article were.

Two - why would someone that isn't an Adam fan spend time listening to him or reading articles about him?

I'm really intrigued by the people that don't care for him or his music that somehow felt compelled to sit through the entire AMA performance and to read interviews he gives. The oral sex simulation was in the first few seconds of his act so why not change it then if it was offensive and the viewer wasn't a fan? I didn't watch Eminem perform because he isn't my cup of tea. I changed the chanel. If I stumbled on an article about him or the handful of other rappers, I wouldn't read it. I'm fascinated in the motivation behind this. Someone went to the trouble of posting a hate thread (which I didn't open, by the way). I see all kinds of threads in the tv section because someone doesn't like something or they are appalled at content. There are a gazillion artists and a gazillion tv channels. Why is one person or show such a big deal?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, I watched him sing on Ellen this morning and again this afternoon He sings and performs like a seasoned pro! Does anyone know if there are any music videos in the works for MTV? (I hear tell they actually do show music videos every great once in a while! )
I miss the MTV days of music videos. He mentioned a music video of FYE. I'll have to google a bit.

Did anyone get the Deluxe version yet? Isn't it supposed to have bonus tracks? I can't wait to get it!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,592,590 times
The video is here

"For Your Entertainment" Official Music Video | The Official Adam Lambert Site

Old 12-01-2009, 06:54 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,031,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Someone went to the trouble of posting a hate thread (which I didn't open, by the way). Why is one person or show such a big deal?
I read quite a few of the posts in those hate threads - there were many more than just one. We, as Adam's fans, are called "perverts" just as he was. And, yes Dorothy, those posters sat through the entire AMA show.

I don't get it either, Mooks. If I hated a performer as much as some say they dislike Adam, I'd sure as hell find another hobby. That performer would be the very last concern in my life, it would be as though they didn't even exist. Poof! All gone...

When I first started posting in the Entertainment forum, I wrote sentiments very similar to your's about another performer. I couldn't understand why people would spend valuable time yakking about someone they hated. I was asked by one person: 'then why do you post here.' Of course, the response was all in caps and bolded.

"why would someone that isn't an Adam fan spend time listening to him or reading articles about him?" Touche. You know what, given some of the threads on Adam, I'm certain the posters would have to spend a lot more time thinking about Adam than I do. And I love the guy.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,031,195 times
I didn't get to see Ellen today. Here's the clip of his song, FYI ~

Ellen's Music: Adam Lambert - The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Old 12-01-2009, 07:23 PM

5,076 posts, read 7,040,008 times
I think posters don't pay any attention to the thread title. If a thread is entitled "The Adam Lambert Worship Thread", it should be obvious people that post on this thread LIKE Adam. As someone has seen fit to post an, I Hate AL Thread, anti Adam comments should be posted on that thread. An anti Adam post here is definitely OT. LOL. It's apparent some posters have a comprehension problem. BTW - I wonder how many of these Adam haters watch Cougar Town or let their youngster watch on ABC. The first episode was implied oral sex witnessed by a teenager. Just saying.
BTW - I loved Adam in the brown leather jacket on Ellen.

Last edited by tigerlily; 12-01-2009 at 07:33 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,592,590 times
I agree, he looked great.
Seemed a little wiser also
Nice for Ellen to support him, give him more exposure.
Go Adam!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:50 PM

Wicked, I want to rep you, but I must spread more love.

I was digging the brown leather jacket too! He looked great!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:18 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,255,158 times
I'm sorry, but someone has to say it: the album is horrific.

I love him, but he broke my heart.

Cheesy, stupid, boring -- there is not a single song on that album that is worth anything.

Honestly I wish he had just sung quality cover songs for his first album and taken a little time to think about whether he has any songwriting talent (so far, he doesn't).

He'd better do something quick or he'll be a flash in the pan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or