U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 PM

45,270 posts, read 86,094,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I'm sorry, but someone has to say it: the album is horrific.

I love him, but he broke my heart.

Cheesy, stupid, boring -- there is not a single song on that album that is worth anything.

Honestly I wish he had just sung quality cover songs for his first album and taken a little time to think about whether he has any songwriting talent (so far, he doesn't).

He'd better do something quick or he'll be a flash in the pan.

I just can't agree with you Patty - there are several songs on there I can't get out of my head. I believe he's got at least 2 hits on that album.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,032,354 times
Robin Roemer Photography Blog Archive Adam Lambert

For nuala. Nice interview Adam had here with Ellen Degeneres. ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyX1T...layer_embedded

Old 12-02-2009, 04:47 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,594,326 times
I will say you have to dig into the lyrics on this CD.
"Broken" is living in the back of my brain.
I think he has the quality of conveying that song. Not many who can do this.
Babs
Celine Dion, I just have to get past her tiny body blasting out the songs
The late Pavarotti, even songs I did not understand all the words.
You know I can listen to every song on "Hotel California" and tell you one or two that are not my favorite. The album of my youth, that along with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOyBc3obqg

wonder if they would let Adam record this?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 AM

444 posts, read 684,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I am confused. By two things actually...

One - the title of the article was an assessment by someone else, not Adam just as the quotes in the article were.

Two - why would someone that isn't an Adam fan spend time listening to him or reading articles about him?

I'm really intrigued by the people that don't care for him or his music that somehow felt compelled to sit through the entire AMA performance and to read interviews he gives. The oral sex simulation was in the first few seconds of his act so why not change it then if it was offensive and the viewer wasn't a fan? I didn't watch Eminem perform because he isn't my cup of tea. I changed the chanel. If I stumbled on an article about him or the handful of other rappers, I wouldn't read it. I'm fascinated in the motivation behind this. Someone went to the trouble of posting a hate thread (which I didn't open, by the way). I see all kinds of threads in the tv section because someone doesn't like something or they are appalled at content. There are a gazillion artists and a gazillion tv channels. Why is one person or show such a big deal?
*sigh* I have openly stated that I am curious by this whole Adam Lambert worship thing. I didn't know that listening to him or reading articles was a major sin in this thread. I have a natural curiousity that I was trying to reasearch. Sorry if that isn't allowed here.

No, wicked, I'm not feeling the loooove.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 AM

4,218 posts, read 7,857,045 times
SevenO9, an excellent point of "being able to convey a song". Adam's got it.

You know, I lost my iPod and, in the background of my life, am aching to get back to listening to his album. Don't remember myself experiencing this for maybe 20 years? Stevie Nicks is one of my dh's idols. ELO is my youth!

I think it's not bad for a FIRST album, for the recording on the fly, amidst the Idol tour and while figuring out teams/managers/ideas/directions.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 AM

5,076 posts, read 7,040,667 times
Stevie Nicks has always been my brother's dream girl. Rumours has to be one of the best albums ever made. Not one bad song. I'm just replacing all my Billy Joel cassettes. DH commented after Adam's performance on Ellen it's nice to finally be able to understand the words to a song. I'm not a Celine Dion fan, but Streisand did a full hour interview with BBC's Jonathan Ross last Saturday and her phrasing and emotional connection with songs simply wonderful. Pavarotti still my favorite of the Three Tenors. A review of Adam's album I just read said Adam's rendition of Soaked would make him a leading candidate to play Freddie Mercury if a movie is ever made of Mercury's life.
nuala, I'm truly sorry about your lost Ipod.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:26 AM

4,218 posts, read 7,857,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Stevie Nicks has always been my brother's dream girl. Rumours has to be one of the best albums ever made. Not one bad song. I'm just replacing all my Billy Joel cassettes. DH commented after Adam's performance on Ellen it's nice to finally be able to understand the words to a song. I'm not a Celine Dion fan, but Streisand did a full hour interview with BBC's Jonathan Ross last Saturday and her phrasing and emotional connection with songs simply wonderful. Pavarotti still my favorite of the Three Tenors. A review of Adam's album I just read said Adam's rendition of Soaked would make him a leading candidate to play Freddie Mercury if a movie is ever made of Mercury's life.
nuala, I'm truly sorry about your lost Ipod.
The thought of a movie about Freddy Mercury alone sends goosebumps, the thought of Adam playing him is - wow.

Eh, it was time to replace the old clunker anyways. Under 2Gb

Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 AM

5,076 posts, read 7,040,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
The thought of a movie about Freddy Mercury alone sends goosebumps, the thought of Adam playing him is - wow.

Eh, it was time to replace the old clunker anyways. Under 2Gb
I just got the new Nano. I was using hubby's Classic, and didn't need a sports iPod, but now that I have to exercise inside on a treadmill, I need some motivation. LOL.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,061,275 times
So as I said my husband gave me the cd. He bought it somewhere off the internet for 4.99. When he burned it, it was fine until song 7, so all I have heard is up through song 6.
I absolutely love every song so far. #3 is my favorite as I said before, but I love number 4 and 6. #2 is one I feel like dancing to, even though I don't care too much for the words, I love the music.
Did you see him on Ellen. Oh my gosh he was amazing and looked gorgeous.... and did the #3 song...ha ha. I am old, can't remember the names. lol
Even my husband said that he had the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen.....that is something for him to say because he liked Kris.
I hope we can keep this thead going until we all meet up for his concert next year!!!
Go Adam!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,061,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I just can't agree with you Patty - there are several songs on there I can't get out of my head. I believe he's got at least 2 hits on that album.
Yes, I would say for sure number 2 and 3 will be BIG HITs. Maybe more but I haven't heard past song 6.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or