U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-09-2009, 02:37 AM

3,009 posts, read 1,831,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I thought this was humorous. Prediction: The ladies will have a heated discussion about double standards. And Elisabeth Hasselbeck will try to stone Lambert to death. I think Adam will "glamour" Hasselbeck. LOL. I read the reason for the taped, not live, interview was a conflict of interest on Adam's part. Now Walters claims it's because the network is afraid.

Adam and Barbara. Did they coordinate their outfits? I think Barbara films at the celebrity's house. So, maybe Adam's new house.
Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People Of 2009 (http://www.etonline.com/gallery/2009/11/81471/index.html?photo=1 - broken link)
Hasselbeck is hardly a barracuda. She's just a little blonde haired girl and I doubt seriously if she will do anything except smile at our Scream Queen. I don't know why people are always making comments about her. Yeah she's more conservative than the other women on that show but that ain't hard to do! She's really no big deal, no "force to be dealt with."

Now I could see if Ann Coulter were going up against Adam!! Then I would be worried for my boy cause she can be a meanie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 06:23 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,600,201 times
very clever article!
washingtonpost.com

Go Adam!

Old 12-09-2009, 10:01 AM

3,651 posts, read 4,849,873 times
Thanks goodness singers are generally off limits for political commentators, -- too small of a fry? Though it seems Adam is getting a bigger fry lately, may become on par for political commentators!

Speaking of songs (found my iPod TY) -- "If I Had You" throws me back into the 80s? Into my neon green sweater, acid washed jeans, white sneakers with lime green and neon pink laces.... Disco! "Fever" throws me back to the late 80s, with the reggae feel.

I love "Sleepwalker" now more than "Pick U.."

Oh and "Soaked", when it's a sweeping soaring part - gosh it reminds me of a song (songs?) from the 80s again, some Italian pop (those were popular then, with "Felicita" and such), - or maybe I'm wrong and it's from the 90s... It's just drives me crazy, the inability to pinpoint what song it was.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:07 AM

4,718 posts, read 4,728,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
very clever article!
washingtonpost.com

Go Adam!
Thanks for posting the WAPO article. They usually come up with some pretty good ones. One of my favorite news sources.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 AM

nuala, we used to call those colors "preppy". "If I Had You" brings back memories of my disco dancing days. LOL. Glad you found your iPod.
Reminder: Adam on tonight. Leno appearance not yet posted on Jay's page. Will keep checking. We don't have a dvr so I appreciate all the reminders.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Hope this won't be a spoiler about the upcoming interview tonight. Since it was taped, it was bound to leak...

Adam Lambert talks to Barbara Walters about his controversial American Music Awards performance in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday night on ABC. Walters selected Lambert as one of her 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009.

Walters comments on Lambert's performance, in which he kissed a male back-up singer, calling it "raunchy" and "lewd." Asking him why he did it, Lambert responds: "To be honest with you, I just, adrenaline is a funny, funny thing," Lambert told Walters. "And I got ... I got really excited. You can't plan everything -- if I did a performance exactly how I rehearsed it, it would be so boring."

Walters also asks Lambert, "What effect is this going to have on your career?"

"I'm not sure," replied Lambert. "Um, I -- you know, the other thing is, I -- I don't think that, you can really ... jump to conclusions about me as an artist based on one performance, that's, that's an ignorant thing to do."

Adam Lambert tells Barbara Walters he has 'no regrets' about AMA performance

Old 12-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Adam Lambert is getting ready for a high-profile appearance on ABC's "The View," and he's preparing for it by bonding with one of the most divisive co-hosts on the program: Elisabeth Hasselbeck. The "American Idol" runner-up was shown in a new clip on Tuesday making a Twitter post on Hasselbeck's account from her cell phone:

"Hey this is Adam Lambert!!! Elizabeth is lettin me tweet from her phone!!! Me and Liz! Whaaat? "

Lambert's appearance on "The View" presents an interesting opportunity for both him and Hasselbeck to work on their respective images. Lambert is wanting to move on past controversy of his same-sex kiss at the American Music Awards, and Hasselbeck wants to battle criticism that her conservative stances on many issues keep her from having any sort of fun.

'American Idol:' Adam Lambert jokes around on 'The View' (http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-Dallas-TV-Examiner~y2009m12d9-American-Idol-Adam-Lambert-jokes-around-on-The-View - broken link)

Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM

Word has it conservative hose beast Elizabeth Hasselbeck was ready to pounce on Adam Lambert during his pre-taped appearance on The View , according to PopEater's Rob Shuter.

Shuter writes that an insider told him, "She couldn't wait to bait Adam about his infamous "inappropriate" [AMA] performance, and ddn't expect to pull any punches. She was going for the kill." It's unclear at this point how (un)successful she was.

Apparently, Hasselbeck took issue with the fact that Adam's appearance was pre-taped yesterday and will air this Thursday, December 10. She reportedly feels like the pre-taping will give ABC the chance to edit the interview to make it appear she's throwing only softball questions at Lambert.

Both Hasselbeck and co-host Sherri (the world is flat) Shepard reported their Twitter accounts have been inundated with messages from Lambert supporters anticipating his "View" appearance, mostly telling them "Don't be mean to Adam!" Shepard spoke out to Adam's Twitter fans, telling them to "get off her account".

Adam Lambert vs Elizabeth Hasselbeck on 'The View', Sherri Shepard lashes out at Adam's fans

Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Here's more from popeater. If Lizzy thinks she going to score points, she'd better be prepared for a fight.
Clip:
"Elizabeth knows the power of live TV. Remember, it was her live fight with Rosie that made her a household name. She would love to make headlines again by getting into it with Adam," said a source.
However, if she thinks Lambert is easy prey, she might be in for a surprise. Lambert's pal has told me: "Adam has had to deal with people like her all his life. If it's a fight she wants, she's got it."
Elisabeth Hasselbeck 'Going for the Kill' With Adam Lambert | PopEater.com

Old 12-09-2009, 02:30 PM

3,034 posts, read 1,681,034 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ZA03ZGd-c

Adam tweeting from Elisabeth's phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities