U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 05:42 PM

4,218 posts, read 7,871,229 times

Advertisements

"Lambert did dish to MTV News that he already has a designer in mind. "Oh, wow, I think Gareth Pugh is really, really talented," he said of the English designer whose goth-chic designs could be a perfect fit for the glam rocker. "It's kind of futuristic and cutting edge."

Watch Gareth Pugh, totally can see Adam in this:

Gareth Pugh | School of Style
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 05:44 PM

Adam Lambert confirms 'Idol' appearance?

He wrote: "Yes, I have been booked on Idol!"

Lambert added: "Can't reveal the date yet but it's a ways off... So excited."

Old 02-28-2010, 09:57 AM

4,302 posts, read 8,071,253 times
Keep us updated Nuala. I always miss all the great appearances he does and since I am not wathing Idol I won't know, but I will watch it that night

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:28 AM

Not watching Idol, neither. Have no idea what is going on there.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:36 AM

5,076 posts, read 7,048,464 times
nuala, thanks for posting the Gareth video. I can definitely see Adam in most of those outfits. The only designs I didn't like were the ones with fur.

Looks like Adam will be on Leno Tuesday, March 2nd along with snowboarder Shaun White and Sarah Palin probably promoting her daughter's new career as an actress.
NBC.com - Schedule - NBC Official Site

I remember a while ago we were discussing AI contracts. Kris Allen received a $350k advance for his first album which sold 80,000 copies. The article lists Allen's other earnings totaling $650K. Adam, whose first-week album sales were more than double Allen's received $300k in advance royalties, a $75,000 merchandising contract and $50,000 in fees from Disney World. According to the article, 19 Entertainment can bind Idol contestants for years to the contract if it chooses, and the contestant must pay 15% of earning, not including those from recording and merchandising contracts.

‘Idol’ Winners: Not Just Fame but Big Bucks
‘American Idol’ Winners Collect Big Bucks as Well as Fame - NYTimes.com

Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,591,195 times
How lucky for me that today I heard Adam Lambert on the radio for the first time and felt compelled to share here, and now I see that he's on Leno tonight! I never would have known. Thanks!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,260,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I've heard it's pretty bad. Adam set the bar high. The only time I'll watch AI this season is if Adam performs.
Oh man, it's worse than bad. It's HORRENDOUS.

Even the FEW people who are SORTA, KINDA interesting are just doing terribly. It's a reminder (as if we needed one) that Adam was one in a million. I don't think he ever did a performance where he was not outstanding.

Frankly, I'm bored to death sitting in front of the tv. Finally I'm getting all kinds of stuff done, though, since I don't need to concentrate. When Adam was on last season, I was glued to the set even when it wasn't his turn to sing, just in case I could catch a glimpse of him in the upstage area! Bwahahaha.

Oy. Miss my Scream Queen so much.

Last edited by chattypatty; 03-02-2010 at 11:48 PM..

Old 03-02-2010, 11:42 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,591,195 times
Just saw him on Leno---w00 h00!!! Oh he was GREAT!!! What a performer!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,260,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Just saw him on Leno---w00 h00!!! Oh he was GREAT!!! What a performer!
I'm on the west coast so thanks for the head's up. I'll be rearranging my late evening schedule . . .

AI just finished and I felt sick so I watched an old youtube of Adam singing Ring of Fire, you know, just to clean my palate. Good Lord - he seems even BETTER now than he did at the time, if that's possible.

Sorry to go on so, but I guess they don't call this the Adam Lambert Worship Thread for nothin'.

Last edited by chattypatty; 03-03-2010 at 12:20 AM..

Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 AM

5,076 posts, read 7,048,464 times
I was very impressed with Shaun White. Leno gave Adam a much warmer reception than the first time. I loved it when Shaun came back on stage and shook hands with Adam. It looks like Adam has a new keyboardist. He decided to sing "Sleepwalker" instead of "Music Again." Jay believes "Sleepwalker" will be Adam's biggest hit. It was great. After sitting through the first half hour with Palin, I decided we need TIVO.
Adam Lambert, Sarah Palin Don't Cross Paths On 'The Tonight Show' - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News
Two Ships Passing in the Night:
Sarah Palin and Adam Lambert: Ships passing on "Tonight" | Idol Tracker | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2010/03/sarah-palins-double-dose-of-idol.html - broken link)

Video of Adam's Performance:
Sarah Palin and Adam Lambert: Ships passing on "Tonight" | Idol Tracker | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2010/03/sarah-palins-double-dose-of-idol.html - broken link)
Backstage with Brian with Palin, Shaun and Adam:
The Stars Talk: Backstage With Bryan On Night Two! | Backstage with Bryan | The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or