U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM

3,129 posts, read 2,502,560 times

Advertisements

Well, I just got my Adam fix for the day. Played all his songs from YouTube. I need to listen to him everyday, I can not get enough of this guy!

I was reading the excerpt from RS and he is so right in this statement.
"I don't want to be looking over my shoulder all the time, thinking I have to hide, being scared of being found out, putting on a front, having a beard, going down the red carpet with some chick who is posing as my girlfriend. That's not cool, that's not being a rock star. I can't do that."
More of Hollywood should live by his words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 PM

5,076 posts, read 7,038,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Well, I just got my Adam fix for the day. Played all his songs from YouTube. I need to listen to him everyday, I can not get enough of this guy!

I was reading the excerpt from RS and he is so right in this statement.
"I don't want to be looking over my shoulder all the time, thinking I have to hide, being scared of being found out, putting on a front, having a beard, going down the red carpet with some chick who is posing as my girlfriend. That's not cool, that's not being a rock star. I can't do that."
More of Hollywood should live by his words.
What a profound statement. Adam is so true to himself. I empathize with all the gay people who have gone before Adam and had to live pretend lives.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:20 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,028,496 times
Every little bit of an Adam fix helps! I drive by this street on the way to the grocery store. Have a most happy day, everyone ~~

Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Every little bit of an Adam fix helps! I drive by this street on the way to the grocery store. Have a most happy day, everyone ~~
I know we have an Adam Street in Portland. I'll have to check Lambert. LOL

Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM

I didn't know we had one. If you get a pic of Adam Street, maybe we can photoshop the two!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:48 PM

23 posts, read 64,023 times
SeeBee--is that street in Portland?
My husband and I are coming for the Portland show (only if I can score good tickets that day), if not, then may just hang out near the venue some, then goof off in Portland. I was going to just wait for Adam's solo tour, but if I can get good seats up close, then it may be worth sitting through it all to see our boy.
Sure wish you Portland gals would at least come to the venue to say hi! Or maybe meet somewhere for a drink or something. I bet there are some hip places there in town where Adam might go--but I don't know much about the area. Wouldn't you just love to run into him. At my age, you'd think I'd stay cool--but who knows--seeing that gorgeous face in person may just turn me to mush....

Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaley View Post
SeeBee--is that street in Portland?
Yes, it is. Be sure and let us know if you get the tickets you want. I sure wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere for coffee or just meet up to say hi!

I'm just going to wait for a solely Adam tour. Which might take a another year or so, who knows? I'm not too crazy about large venues, but I think he would be worth it!

Don't you worry about age or anything. I'm sure you're much younger than I am, and I still am enchanted with Adam! It's all such a harmless addiction...

Old 06-11-2009, 03:19 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,208,135 times
I'm so depressed. (cry) Our bookstore got 3 copies of Rolling Stone and sold them all before I could get there and our dinky little newstand had 10. Gone too!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Yes, it is. Be sure and let us know if you get the tickets you want. I sure wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere for coffee or just meet up to say hi!

I'm just going to wait for a solely Adam tour. Which might take a another year or so, who knows? I'm not too crazy about large venues, but I think he would be worth it!

Don't you worry about age or anything. I'm sure you're much younger than I am, and I still am enchanted with Adam! It's all such a harmless addiction...
I bet I'm older than both of you, but still young at heart. LOL. SeeBee, when we first moved to Portland, we lived over in the Sellwood area. I remember passing Lambert Street. I checked the trusty Thomas Guide. There are two streets named Adam, but they're in Scapoose and Fairview. I'd be amenable to meeting for drinks or coffee. I'll have to see as the date gets closer. Checked at Powell's for RS, but Lady GaGa's on the June 11th issue. Here's your Adam fix for the day. LOL

Adam Lambert Reacts to Rolling Stone Cover: “OMFG” : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 PM

4,218 posts, read 7,852,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I'm so depressed. (cry) Our bookstore got 3 copies of Rolling Stone and sold them all before I could get there and our dinky little newstand had 10. Gone too!
Went today to our Chapters store (bookstore, like Barnes&Noble) (in Halifax, no less - drove for 2 hours!) - there was a lot of June 11 copies with Lady GaGa on the cover. The poor bookish-looking clerk couldn't understand who Adam Lambert was (I felt such a puberty-stricken teenager explaining to him he was on AI) - the venereal clerk didn't watch that. I asked if there was a line of people in the morning or something - blank stare? Then again, tigerlily said it should be on the stands tomorrow, Friday. I don't think I'll do the trip again tomorrow. Today we needed to go on business. I hope many people in Halifax are as unaware of Adam as the clerk - because I'm going to Halifax on Sat. again. Tomorrow, I'll try the local town of 7,000 people - maybe, just maybe? Or, maybe the magazine hits Canada later???

PS: There were some threats from some fans to buy all 5 million copies of the magazine - maybe they did execute that???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or