U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-12-2009, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
5,076 posts, read 7,052,254 times
Reputation: 3382

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Lilypad, thanks for the head's up regarding 20/20! I've got you ladies' beat in the grandma department. Adam is my first crush since I fell in love with George Harrison and chased after him in San Diego, if that gives you a clue!

Still working on Rolling Stone...I went to Powell's this AM and they're not putting out their copies yet. They're supposed to call me. The clerks were laughing since they've been getting several calls and walk-ins on this! Like I said, if I can I'll get extra copies. Right now I'm hoping to get just one copy! (Went to several other stores, but none had shipments in yet).

Enjoy 20/20!
Here are the crushes I remember: James Dean, Paul Newman, (I still loved him when he passed away last year), Elvis, John Travolta, (my sister and I must have seen Saturday Night Fever at least 10 times) All of the Beatles and ADAM LAMBERT. Quite a gap there. I know Brad Pitt's cute. He's a good actor, but not crush material for me.
SeeBee, One of my younger sisters is already a grandmother in her late forties. Powell's hasn't called yet and I have my name in at Barnes & Noble. I'm going to scout again tomorrow.
LilyPad, thanks for the heads up on 20/20. I never watch it any more. I hope they don't interview Adam at the end, and make me watch the entire show. BTW - I love the cover of RS, and so does Adam. LOL
sevenofnine - I'm trying to figure out your CD name because I'm one of nine. Nine Children, that is. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2009, 08:50 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 12,620,335 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
This is one GOOD explanation why Adam Lambert is attractive to women of "certain" age:

"But it still begs the question exactly why our mojo leaned more toward Lambert than toward cute-as-a-button Kris Allen, the eventual winner of the competition, a young man whom Lambert admitted to having a little crush on.

Part of the Lambert allure is that some women find his onstage lack of inhibition a powerful aphrodisiac. According to psychoanalyst Dr. Gail Saltz, we all have a little touch of the voyeur inside of us, but it’s often repressed. Then along comes Lambert, and those voyeuristic floodgates open. “Here’s a guy who is a maximum exhibitionist, molten hot, can sing anything and is screaming, ‘Look at me,’ and for some women, that’s an incredible turn-on,” says Saltz, author of The Ripple Effect: How Better Sex Can Lead to a Better Life.

It may also go back to our childhood, as all things psychoanalytic seem to do. According to Saltz, buried deep inside all of us is the childhood desire to be able to have everything and anything, whenever you want. So part of our fascination with Mr. Lambert is that we may want to be like him. “[Lambert] is the poster child for having it all,” says Saltz, associate professor of psychiatry at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill-Cornell School of Medicine. “Men want him, women want him, and that ambiguity is as hot as hell.”

Why Cougars Crave “Idol” Runner-Up Adam Lambert : ADAM LAMBERT American Idol Winner Official Unofficial Fansite (http://adam-lambert.org/why-cougars-crave-idol-runner-up-adam-lambert/ - broken link)
Que the music!

YouTube - I Want It All
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 12,620,335 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Here are the crushes I remember: James Dean, Paul Newman, (I still loved him when he passed away last year), Elvis, John Travolta, (my sister and I must have seen Saturday Night Fever at least 10 times) All of the Beatles and ADAM LAMBERT. Quite a gap there. I know Brad Pitt's cute. He's a good actor, but not crush material for me.
SeeBee, One of my younger sisters is already a grandmother in her late forties. Powell's hasn't called yet and I have my name in at Barnes & Noble. I'm going to scout again tomorrow.
LilyPad, thanks for the heads up on 20/20. I never watch it any more. I hope they don't interview Adam at the end, and make me watch the entire show. BTW - I love the cover of RS, and so does Adam. LOL
sevenofnine - I'm trying to figure out your CD name because I'm one of nine. Nine Children, that is. LOL
I am a major Star Trek Freak! No dressing up, just a fan of science fiction 7/9 was a character in Voyager who learned to adapt, accept her humanity. Sorta of my philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,050,521 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
SeeBee, One of my younger sisters is already a grandmother in her late forties. Powell's hasn't called yet and I have my name in at Barnes & Noble. I'm going to scout again tomorrow.
Hey, at least your sis made it past 40 before becoming a grandma. One of my dear friends was a grandma at 35!!! She was furious with her daughter() BTW, but adores the grandbaby who is now 3~

More scouting for me tomorrow, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I am a major Star Trek Freak! No dressing up, just a fan of science fiction 7/9 was a character in Voyager who learned to adapt, accept her humanity. Sorta of my philosophy.
Ah, very interesting! I just assumed you were #7 of nine something-or-others. Nice name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 12:39 AM
 
3,007 posts, read 3,264,676 times
Reputation: 2002
Just watched the 20/20 interview and was amazed at how calm, cool, collected Adam is. He's quite astonishing with regard to his steady sense of self. I thought it was a great interview and he's still cute as a button and adorable!

My only complaint is: there shouldn't have been such an interview to begin with because people should not care about his sexuality, but should only care about his stunning talent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Northeast TN
3,885 posts, read 7,220,194 times
Reputation: 3606
I'm going to go hang out in LA so I can buy him drinks after that interview last night. He He
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 12,620,335 times
Reputation: 3422
I was wondering if that interviewer was a little "Lambertized?"
He sure got a good case of the giggles. I really enjoyed hearing his mom. What a nice gal and very attractive. I also have a new idea for a theme song for our Adam!

YouTube - Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walking (1966)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Close to Bruce Springsteen
3,038 posts, read 2,339,257 times
Reputation: 6851
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Just watched the 20/20 interview and was amazed at how calm, cool, collected Adam is. He's quite astonishing with regard to his steady sense of self. I thought it was a great interview and he's still cute as a button and adorable!

My only complaint is: there shouldn't have been such an interview to begin with because people should not care about his sexuality, but should only care about his stunning talent.
I agree, but the public and all made it that way. It was said somewhere along the line to try and keep that part private, as well as Kris being married. (on the show) I can see him wanting to keep it that way and to just be about
the MUSIC.
I do think he is a good singer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Cedar City, Utah
4,302 posts, read 8,075,882 times
Reputation: 1721
Wow Adam was so good on the interview on 20/20. He is so at ease with the camera. It's great to know he is working on his cd. I can't wait. Let's keep the Adam Lambert worship thread alive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 06:40 AM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 12,620,335 times
Reputation: 3422
Here is Starlight by Muse.
Adam was rehearsing it on the 20/20 interview

YouTube - Muse- Starlight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top