U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 AM

5,073 posts, read 7,002,044 times

Advertisements

I posted this also on the AI forum. One of the posters on the "Muse" video thread said Adam is also singing a Bowie song - 5 songs total. Yesterday, I got the last two copies of RS at my local B&N. So, I have an extra if any one has trouble securing getting a copy. I won't be a spoiler (unless you want me to be) lol, but it answered one of the questions we've been discussing here, and quite possibly another. Excellent article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 AM

4,213 posts, read 7,792,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I posted this also on the AI forum. One of the posters on the "Muse" video thread said Adam is also singing a Bowie song - 5 songs total. Yesterday, I got the last two copies of RS at my local B&N. So, I have an extra if any one has trouble securing getting a copy. I won't be a spoiler (unless you want me to be) lol, but it answered one of the questions we've been discussing here, and quite possibly another. Excellent article.
No, don't spoil until after Tuesday!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,508,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
No, don't spoil until after Tuesday!!!
What is Tuesday?

Wouldn't you know it, I forgot to check this thread on Friday and didn't know about the 20/20 interview until about 10:45 that night. Well after his appearance. It just seemed like he dropped out of sight and I attributed that to maybe the tour starting up.

I just saw it on the ABC link! American Idol's Adam Lambert on His Sexuality: 'I'm Gay,' 'I'm Bi-Curious' - ABC News This might work.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 06-14-2009 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 03:26 PM

I've had just about enough of Gene Simmons giving Adam advice. He needs to shut up himself. I think Adam was smart in the way he handled the issue. BTW - I read Kris is "flattered" that Adam found him attractive, and he thinks it's hilarious.

[url=http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/americanidol/2009/06/12/2009-06-12_gene_simmons_to_adam_lambert_shut_up_about_bein g_gay.html]Gene Simmons to Adam Lambert: Shut up about being gay[/url
Clip:
And the way he did it - both brazenly and playfully, posing on the cover with a come-hither stare and a snake running up his leg - represents a different sort of trajectory for a rock star. Rather than coming out midcareer, after gaining a measure of public support, Lambert is asking audiences to accept him first, and make him a star afterward.
"There is something very contemporary about it - the fact that he is speaking openly about his sexuality, defusing it at a very early point in his career, making his calculation that he is going to be able to be a big success," said Tavia Nyong'o, a professor of performance studies at New York University who studies race and sexuality in the arts. "He's doing something very new and uncharted in pop culture."
http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2009/06/14/idol_glam_rocker_bares_all_blazing_new_ground/

Last edited by tigerlily; 06-14-2009 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
What is Tuesday?
On Tuesday, I'll get my copy of Rolling Stone!!! I hope at least.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I've had just about enough of Gene Simmons giving Adam advice. He needs to shut up himself. I think Adam was smart in the way he handled the issue. BTW - I read Kris is "flattered" that Adam found him attractive, and he thinks it's hilarious.

Gene Simmons to Adam Lambert: Shut up about being gay
Jeez. It's not like Adam is pushing his agenda down, he just decided to end all the gossip and speculation. Are Gene Simmons' eyes starting to turn slightly greenish with Adam?

Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Jeez. It's not like Adam is pushing his agenda down, he just decided to end all the gossip and speculation. Are Gene Simmons' eyes starting to turn slightly greenish with Adam?
That's exactly what I think. Check the addition on my last post. Adam is breaking new ground by coming out now instead of mid career. Adam doesn't need any advice from old "green eyes".

Old 06-14-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
"He's doing something very new and uncharted in pop culture."
I know it's not my doing LOL but it gives me some pleasure and pride to be able to figure it our back in February or whenever he sang that "Ring of Fire". Reading various venereal mags and professionals of all sorts - supporting and analyzing that, is amusing!

Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,529,110 times
Talking I wonder who had the idea for the snake?

oh he// yes, the ring of fireeee!
I too thought he was professional in the interview and just coy enough for us to wonder
the voice is enough....

Old 06-14-2009, 09:45 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,176,286 times
Quote:
I think he is a bit jealous for sure. Also, does anyone else find it odd coming from someone that feels his entire life is special enough for it's own reality series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or