U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 08:29 PM

4,283 posts, read 8,024,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
ROFLMAO That's the funniest thing I've heard in a week!!!! Thanks for the laugh.
Hey everyone needs a laugh...but we want to see that dang cape when its' made. Adam probably wants to see it too lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 06:44 PM

hey where is the cougar club...this thread almost got buried. Not to change the subject but the David Cook concert is tonight in tulsa and I elected not to go. I love him but was afraid I would compare him with Adam.....I would be disappointed.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM

5,073 posts, read 7,003,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
hey where is the cougar club...this thread almost got buried. Not to change the subject but the David Cook concert is tonight in tulsa and I elected not to go. I love him but was afraid I would compare him with Adam.....I would be disappointed.
Hi Chickrae and other cougar and cub club members, been busy all day. Here's some news. According to this article, Adam spend three years recording for Wilshire Studios, now conjoined with HiFi Records. And, it looks like they'll produce a second album. I won't buy any of this music unless Adam promotes the recording. Supposedly, Adam attended a post production session last month and was "blown away" but what he heard.
The spokesperson keeps talking about how much money Adam will make from this album. He doesn't understand this Adam will be "small change" for Adam. Adam is a world Idol and he's going to be very rich.
Clip from article:
Hecker denied some fans' assertions that Lambert was being ripped off, saying the singer stands to make "a ton of money" through a royalties arrangement commensurate with deals for major artists. Lambert will not only receive songwriting royalties, but he also co-owns the copyrights with Wilshire, Hecker said.
But wait, there's more. Hecker said the recording sessions yielded enough material for a second album, which will also see the light of day eventually,
A spokesman for 19 Entertainment did not respond to an email seeking further comment.
Adam Lambert's new album challenges Idol producer | Entertainment | Music | Reuters

on edit: Wilshire has had material recorded by Adam for three years. So, why hasn't this material been released. Because Adam needed AI as do some of recording stars. It's getting progressively harder for a recording star to break out without major exposure. In that respect, and Adam has acknowledged, that he needed AI. That is another reason why I won't buy this music. I might after Adam's AI album is released.

Last edited by tigerlily; 06-23-2009 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: additional thought

Old 06-23-2009, 07:55 PM
tao

720 posts, read 2,905,115 times
I just bought the single on iTunes. Adam is Adam and I like the song. If he's going to get paid for the music he recorded pre-AI I see no reason not to download and be able to enjoy the song which I happen to like.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:18 PM

4,628 posts, read 8,980,982 times
Default Adam The Destroyer!!!!

Quote:
Ha ha. Well maybe with our walkers we can sit closer up.
Darn right. There's a definite advantage to having walkers and hearing aids...we can "accidentally push" our way to the front of the stage & blame it on confusion and age! Nobody will be able to stop us if we act confused enough!! Hehehe...

Oh, copyrights are a pain-; can't post this pic, so I have to put up the link. This is from a June 04 article, but I nearly died when I saw this pic of AAAHHHDUMMM~~~

"ADAM THE DESTROYER" - Adam is responsible for killing off AI!!! I knew it! AI's got nothing, and I mean nothing, to show after him! It's just not possible for anyone to follow-up his performances, is it?

Adam Lambert: Destroyer of 'American Idol' - Starpulse Entertainment News

Old 06-23-2009, 11:20 PM

And, I'm sure some of you have heard this, but I just found it. so in case you need a refresher of sorts...

YouTube - ADAM LAMBERT Exclusive, Part 1

Old 06-24-2009, 04:29 PM

Thanks for sharing that video See Bee

And also the article. I agree with the article. Who will really follow Adam? No one will come close.
I am not watching idol anymore, so I guess I will never know. I have seem the best and I don't care to go through another season.
Adam forever

Old 06-24-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I am not watching idol anymore, so I guess I will never know. I have seem the best and I don't care to go through another season. Adam forever
I have to agree with you. I never watched Idol before, and as you said, I've seen the best. Any follow-up will be nothing but a let down. But I'm happy ~

Old 06-25-2009, 12:41 AM

I found this site and you have to sign up to get the newsletter. It's supposed to give advance notice of tour dates, releases, etc. before the news hits the press. I guess I'll find out! Just FYI, folks -

Site address is on the video~~~

Adam Lambert single title w/ Lineup copy

Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 AM

4,214 posts, read 7,794,689 times
Gosh I think he looks tired and weary. Just how on Earth can he keep up giving these interviews (and still sound coherent and engaging) - that's a talent in itself. I think he needs to take a break and have a good sleep. The best creative ideas come to you in silence and solitude. Mom, take a charge there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or