Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 10:46 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Gosh I think he looks tired and weary. Just how on Earth can he keep up giving these interviews (and still sound coherent and engaging) - that's a talent in itself. I think he needs to take a break and have a good sleep. The best creative ideas come to you in silence and solitude. Mom, take a charge there!
Yeah the cougars might have to nurture him if the mom can't ...ha ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:40 AM

So much sadness today. Let's celebrate Adam!

Old 06-26-2009, 07:55 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
I read this morning in the paper, "Jackson ranked alongside Elvis Presley and the Beatles as the biggest pop sensation of all time." I agree. This is a loss of an icon.

I feel that Adam has the same potential.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:34 AM

That's exactly what I told my DH last night. Adam could be ranked that way someday!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Funny!. Reporter admits Adam is going to have to get a restraining order on her ~

Adam Lambert Talks To Reality Rocks on Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5336179/14066642 - broken link)

Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I read this morning in the paper, "Jackson ranked alongside Elvis Presley and the Beatles as the biggest pop sensation of all time." I agree. This is a loss of an icon.

I feel that Adam has the same potential.
I took my son and my niece to see Michael when he still one of the Jackson Five at a theater in the round in Cleveland. We had first row seats. He was still a handsome young man. Janet Jackson was introduced in the latter part of the performance. My family was going through a rough time when the Thriller album came out, and we listened to it almost every night. It really lightened the mood. It's hard to believe he's gone. We haven't had a new superstar for quite some time. I, too, believe it could be Adam.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I took my son and my niece to see Michael when he still one of the Jackson Five at a theater in the round in Cleveland. We had first row seats. He was still a handsome young man. Janet Jackson was introduced in the latter part of the performance. My family was going through a rough time when the Thriller album came out, and we listened to it almost every night. It really lightened the mood. It's hard to believe he's gone. We haven't had a new superstar for quite some time. I, too, believe it could be Adam.
How lucky that you got to see him. He was a superstar. He could of done so much more. I think he made some bad choices also. I think he was a very handsome man, he didn't need all that surgery. It just wasn't right

But back to Adam....can't wait for the Idol concert

Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM

How fortunate for you, tigelilly, to have seen Michael Jackson in the early stages of his career. To see someone who had such a great impact on musical history - what a fantastic memory for you. Yes, Michael really was a very handsome man. Regardless, he was a consummate performer and entertainer. Kind of sad how he was surrounded by people who had their own interests at hear; I'm sure that horribly exacerbated his personal issues.

Adam seems a lot more grounded, perhaps naturally so. It's probably a blessing for him that he didn't become 'successful' until an older age. He's still a young pup, but better a star @ 27 than 5, imo.

Chickrae, when is the Idol concert you're going to? In Oklahoma?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Darn right. There's a definite advantage to having walkers and hearing aids...we can "accidentally push" our way to the front of the stage & blame it on confusion and age! Nobody will be able to stop us if we act confused enough!! Hehehe...

Oh, copyrights are a pain-; can't post this pic, so I have to put up the link. This is from a June 04 article, but I nearly died when I saw this pic of AAAHHHDUMMM~~~

"ADAM THE DESTROYER" - Adam is responsible for killing off AI!!! I knew it! AI's got nothing, and I mean nothing, to show after him! It's just not possible for anyone to follow-up his performances, is it?

Adam Lambert: Destroyer of 'American Idol' - Starpulse Entertainment News
Awesome article!! Thank you for sharing that See Bee.

The news was so sad yesterday. And I've been slacking on City Data because a game on Facebook has taken over my spare time, but I'm still a cougar cub! LOL I had a notification yesterday that Adam was doing a webisode. I just haven't been able to find out anymore info about it. I'll post when I do.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Hi, Mook...yes, it was a sad day yesterday (and continues today).

Facebook, hmm? I need to check that out! Here's the link to the webisode. I'd already posted the site so I didn't bother to do it again. I think the webisode came out yesterday. You can sign up at this site and get newsletters, etc. It really is his official site - he said so!

Home | The Official Adam Lambert Site

Oh, Mook, I think you can post vids/pics of your little Adam on the official Adam site!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities