U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 PM

4,700 posts, read 4,641,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFreak View Post
Adam dressed up as a GLAMPIRE!

Adam Lambert as a (SCARRY!) Glampire for Halloween 2009 photos Mr. L

Close to Springsteen, NJ...
I got to see the Idols 2 times this summer. Awesome show!
Adam is an awesome vamp. Thanks for the pix.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 PM

4,162 posts, read 5,662,528 times
I have mixed feelings about the vampire picture. I love Adam but he looks a little evil?
Only 3 weeks until that cd comes out....can't wait

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM

444 posts, read 437,638 times
I think I must have missed something along the way some where. This kid does nothing for me. Maybe it's the man make-up?? Maybe it's him, maybe I need pills........I'm amazed at the number of people who think he is something out of this world. Will you be trading him in when the next AI winner comes along???

Old 11-04-2009, 11:38 AM

4,629 posts, read 6,110,714 times
mi~mi, you keep coming back to this thread..feeling the sparkly love, are you? ~

I know it's time-consuming to read through hundreds of posts and I am not suggesting you do that. But therein lie the answers to your questions.

Adam has an extraordinarily (three to four octave range, I'm guessing) melodic voice. He is well-trained. He knows his vocal limitations and is learned about how to work around those limitations. That alone makes him a HUGE standout as a performer. He works very hard. I am particularly appreciative of the "well-trained" part.

I think you're getting stuck in the 'glam' aspect of his persona. It's just theatre, and yes, he does go over the top - a lot. He's a huge show boater. But he also has the temperament and talent to back it up.

Plus, he's just soooo darn puuurdy ~

Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 PM

4,700 posts, read 4,641,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
I think I must have missed something along the way some where. This kid does nothing for me. Maybe it's the man make-up?? Maybe it's him, maybe I need pills........I'm amazed at the number of people who think he is something out of this world. Will you be trading him in when the next AI winner comes along???
Why bother watching AI? I seriously doubt any one can top Adam. He should have won and he didn't. I'm through with AI. Plus, Paula's gone.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:27 PM

4,629 posts, read 6,110,714 times
Love this version of Crazy. It sounds like he's in my living room. I hope to hear many more like this!

YouTube - Adam Lambert - Crazy - STUDIO VERSION

Old 11-04-2009, 03:27 PM

3,132 posts, read 7,417,194 times
can't wait for the cd!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:36 PM

3,604 posts, read 4,737,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
I wish I had the patience to search through this thread and dig out an article for you, about just WHY women in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s suddenly became obsessed with this guy who appeared from nowhere in January 2009. Has anyone else touched us lately in the same way? Nah. I don't know names of anybody since the 80s... All those britneys, justins, christinas sound the same to me....

The article said, in the nutshell, that the women are drawn to his freedom of expressing himself, - he makes us carefree at heart. He's sexy - and someone we want to protect, he's humble, honest, nerdy, exhibitionist, what you see is what you get. Yes, he is trained - someone in the music business here said he's got the rare ability to go from level to level without stopping to catch his breath.

It's the thrill of witnessing a birth of a great artist... Just like with early Beatles, or early Elvis.... If you feel it, you feel it, if you don't, that's cool, too.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 PM

444 posts, read 437,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
mi~mi, you keep coming back to this thread..feeling the sparkly love, are you? ~

I know it's time-consuming to read through hundreds of posts and I am not suggesting you do that. But therein lie the answers to your questions.

Adam has an extraordinarily (three to four octave range, I'm guessing) melodic voice. He is well-trained. He knows his vocal limitations and is learned about how to work around those limitations. That alone makes him a HUGE standout as a performer. He works very hard. I am particularly appreciative of the "well-trained" part.

I think you're getting stuck in the 'glam' aspect of his persona. It's just theatre, and yes, he does go over the top - a lot. He's a huge show boater. But he also has the temperament and talent to back it up.

Plus, he's just soooo darn puuurdy ~
I think I keep coming back because I really do not know what you all see in him. Really. Plus, he's so overly flamboyant that I have to just shake my head and walk away. Does it matter if he has a 4 octave range if he still sounds like a screeching cat???

I'm trying to see what attracts you all to him, I really am........I'll just keep trying......

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I wish I had the patience to search through this thread and dig out an article for you, about just WHY women in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s suddenly became obsessed with this guy who appeared from nowhere in January 2009. Has anyone else touched us lately in the same way? Nah. I don't know names of anybody since the 80s... All those britneys, justins, christinas sound the same to me....

The article said, in the nutshell, that the women are drawn to his freedom of expressing himself, - he makes us carefree at heart. He's sexy - and someone we want to protect, he's humble, honest, nerdy, exhibitionist, what you see is what you get. Yes, he is trained - someone in the music business here said he's got the rare ability to go from level to level without stopping to catch his breath.

It's the thrill of witnessing a birth of a great artist... Just like with early Beatles, or early Elvis.... If you feel it, you feel it, if you don't, that's cool, too.
Yeah.......I'll stick with Elvis the Pelvis.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:58 PM

4,162 posts, read 5,662,528 times
[quote=mi~mi;11479410]

Quote:
I'm amazed at the number of people who think he is something out of this world. Will you be trading him in when the next AI winner comes along???
There are quite a few glamboraints....I think we are all posting in this thread....probably why it's 80 pages long. We have alot to say about this rock god lol
Nope will not trade him in. There won't be anyone better. I won't be watching and I am sure many followers on here won't be watching either.

[quote=tigerlily;11480764]

Quote:
Why bother watching AI? I seriously doubt any one can top Adam. He should have won and he didn't. I'm through with AI. Plus, Paula's gone
Ditto tigerlily. I am definitely through with it to. Yes, it wouln't be the same without Paula. The wrong person won, and time will show who the true star is. We all know Adam should of won

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident;11484149

[QUOTE
can't wait for the cd
Nor I................19 more days!

[quote=mi~mi;11497989]

Quote:
I'm trying to see what attracts you all to him, I really am........I'll just keep trying......

Yeah.......I'll stick with Elvis the Pelvis.

If you haven't seen what the attraction is by now...you might not. Did you watch any of his performances on idol?..or since? We would love you to come over to "our side" and meet up when we go to his concert.
Well Elvis isn't around, so might as well be with the living. lol
If you could of seen him in the A.I. concert.....you would be mesmerized as we all were.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities