U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 11:54 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,268,113 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'm still watching (and suffering the insufferable degeneracy of the American "music" Awards).

Can someone please explain to me what is with all the crotch grabbing? Why is that appealing? Who was the first performer to grab their crotch (was it MJ? and is everyone doing it now just to pay homage to him?) When is it going to get old? Where can they go from there? Grabbing someone else's crotch?

And what is with that flap of stiff fabric sticking up and out from Lady Gaga's crotch on her bodysuit costume?

Oy. I guess I'm just old fashioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,603,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
And what is with that flap of stiff fabric sticking up and out from Lady Gaga's crotch on her bodysuit costume?

Oy. I guess I'm just old fashioned.
Try not to spend a lot of time trying to figure out Lady Gaga! Near the end of her 'performance' all I could think of was F-I-R-E!!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Try not to spend a lot of time trying to figure out Lady Gaga! Near the end of her 'performance' all I could think of was F-I-R-E!!!!
It's kind of a shame because I think she's a real beauty with a unique look, her voice is terrific, and I do like the showmanship up to a point. It's just a little too much. You know, sometimes less is more!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 AM

Hey, am I the only west-coaster here? I'm still awake!

Adam's performance just finished. Oy.

It was worse than vulgar and tasteless. It was desperate and pathetic. The song lyrics were stupid. He didn't even sound good. It reaked of adolescent attention-seeking, "I'm gay, I'm out, now what are you doing to do about it?" Blech. It was immature in that respect.

I'm not going to be buying the album. If someone releases a collection of his AI songs, I will buy that. I wish that he understood that his voice is good enough that he doesn't need the showy crap.

I'm sad for him, I really am. He has bad advisors. Either that, or he is arrogant and immature enough to ignore them. Read the comments on the Rolling Stone website -- even gay men were disapproving, so Adam can't even be certain that this segment of the population will still like him after tonight.

Bye-bye, Adam. I feel like I've lost my sweet boy.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:24 AM

4,302 posts, read 8,078,564 times
Ok wow I am not sure about Adams performance tonight. Loved the song. A little over the top for me with some of the things going on. He did command the stage and I suppose what was going on went along with the words of the song, but my daughter was watching with me (she is 23). I really wanted to cover her eyes. She was shocked to say the least.

I think the worse part for me was the guy kneeling in front of Adam. I had to rewind it to see if I really saw that. Also Adam grabbing the girls crotch.

You know I am one of Adam's biggest fans...... but I didn't think it was appropriate for t.v. I agree...I miss the "sweet" Adam.

Still excited for his cd....1 more day!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:06 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,625,499 times
What show was it that Madonna kissed Brit and the other one?
See I remember Madonna,
It was all for the talking factor. He looked good but the performance was rushed IMO I was a bit ugh at parts. What was up with the keyboardist kiss? I am with you that he looked totally at home in the audience. I thought Shakira was worse, I mean how many pelvic humps to you need to do in a row?
Always am please and surprise by the beautiful voice of Kelly C. Mixed on Whitney, I didn't like her song.
Back to our boy.
He has to make it on his own in the touring world so his show has to have wild stuff, not much Madonna hasn't done in the past. He will be alright. Go Adam, I am just glad I didn't have little ones around, good thing he was last

Old 11-23-2009, 06:49 AM

4,218 posts, read 7,881,379 times
Agree with this article:

"After the performance ended, I screamed (this is Adam, after all, in person), but after the screams died away, there was an unexpected, shocked silence in the theater. There was no applause. Ryan ended the show with a lame joke, and people immediately began filing out.

When I asked Janet for her reaction after the show, she told me she needed a few minutes to gather her thoughts. Her first impression was how silent the audience was. It was as though everyone was having a collective WTF moment. In my mind I was trying to defend the performance as provocative, but I couldn’t disagree with what Janet was saying. We were confused, as many of you are, and when we watched the performance again on TV, we realized it was even worse than we first thought.

I want to cry for Adam, and when I’m done spanking him, I want to hug him and tell I love him anyway. It will be OK. Adam may lose casual fans and I’m afraid his album sales will take a hit, but I don’t think this one performance defines Adam, and I hope that none of you will stop supporting Adam because of this literal and figurative “trip-up.”

AMA-WTF : ADAM LAMBERT THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL SITE

Old 11-23-2009, 06:59 AM

I think he NEEDS to take a break. Not the break to replenish his energy, since he's got an endless supply of it. But a break to research WHO HE IS AS AN ARTIST. I think he keeps riding his wave of LA bars... Strangely, at 27 he seems immature enough to REALLY KNOW WHAT HE IS ABOUT, WHAT HE HAS GOT TO OFFER AS AN ARTIST.

Artists take hiatuses to do introspections... and to come up with new material. That's what he needs I think. I can't believer he can't get it. Throwing "I am gay, so eat it" to the public is getting so old. Okay, we know that, already.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 AM

He might have tried to get into the Lady GaGa shocking style... I don't understand her, so it always went over my head that he could take on Lady GaGa's so closely... Of course he is collaborating with artists that are contemporary, but I guess I hoped for him aiming at the greatest? His love of Queen? The Bohemian Rhapsody audition? I hoped for him to keep searching for *his* band of similar-minded people, like Rolling Stones?, instead of just copying the artists that may have much less to offer than him?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,223,110 times
American Music Awards 2009: Adam Lambert - ‘Shock Is Fun’ | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

Adam's interview after the performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or