U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 06:58 AM

51,669 posts, read 12,647,683 times

Advertisements

I like Adam but last night's performance was alittle bit over the top and unnecessary. I am surprised they let him get away with some of the things he did. Yes, I know he is trying to rattle the masses but he went alittle too far in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:13 AM

4,218 posts, read 7,851,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Well, yes, I love him as a person and get his explanations, but if I don't feel fun when watching? Interviews (explanations) and performances are so opposite... Should art even be explained? I am confused at this stage, I guess.

Was Queen as shocking? Was David Bowie? In their times?

Is there such thing as "too much"?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:20 AM

4,285 posts, read 8,057,622 times
Ok so I had a dream about that performance. I never dream unless something is bothering me. I went to bed late anyways and didn't sleep well, so maybe that is why.
The performance would of been fine without
1) the kiss with the guy (cause we know he is gay and still love him as a performer)
2) The grabbing the girl, she could of down her flip without that.
3) The guy on his knees with his face inppropriately placed. (again, yes we know he is gay)

Other than that. I am ok with it. lol
I still am a follower, so not to worry. I just feel like they saved him until the end. Everyone was anticipating it and then it was like..What?

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 AM

4,285 posts, read 8,057,622 times
Thanks Mookster for posting that interview after his performance. He is explaining what that he has many different sides to him as an artist.
He is on Letterman tonight and he said we will see a different side of him.
I will watch just to make sure we will! Can we just put him back on American Idol....I loved those songs. lol

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 AM

444 posts, read 683,962 times
I have to say after seeing that performance, I know why I do not care for him. Blech......

Sorry, peeps, I tried. I just can't like him. He's a mediocre artist at best right now. Unless he comes out with something that just knocks my socks off, I have to wish you all the best and shake my head at your zeal for this guy.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:58 AM

3,084 posts, read 6,464,939 times
According to my UVerse listing his appearance on Letterman won't be until Wednesday and perhaps that will redeem some. It did help a little listening to his explanation in that clip, however I wish he had put all that out there BEFORE he did this performance.

I think that most of us that followed him on AI were not expecting that type of performance and he mistakenly thought we were. Perhaps if he had already appeared on other shows and showcased some of his other 'stories' then we would have been better prepared to expect that one last night. Since this was really the first it was like being tossed into ice water - shocking, a tiny bit exhilarating, exhausting and in the end wasn't worth it.

On a side note, have been watching ABC's Good Morning America and not a word has been mentioned about his performance. Nothing. Nada. Um, that's not good.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 AM

4,218 posts, read 7,851,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
On a side note, have been watching ABC's Good Morning America and not a word has been mentioned about his performance. Nothing. Nada. Um, that's not good.
Uh-oh. I don't have TV, people, please share these news tidbits here, about reactions.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,207,202 times
I forget which morning show, but one of the news segments this morning mentioned him briefly along with Lady Gaga's piano being on fire and JLo falling.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:33 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,207,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Well, yes, I love him as a person and get his explanations, but if I don't feel fun when watching? Interviews (explanations) and performances are so opposite... Should art even be explained? I am confused at this stage, I guess.

Was Queen as shocking? Was David Bowie? In their times?

Is there such thing as "too much"?
There is definitely such a thing as too much and that boundary for everyone is different. I don't think it's a bad thing that fans speak up when a performance goes too far for them.

As for Queen or David Bowie being shocking, I'm not sure. I had to google David Bowie's character because I didn't know anything about it until people started mentioning it in relation to Adam. My earliest memory of shocking was hearing that Ozzy Osbourne bit the heads off bats and someone recorded satanic messages into their songs that you could hear if you played them backwards. And believe me, we tried that. LOL My private school even had a giant tape burning.

On a seperate note, I like Lady Gaga's music, but the strange little bird like movements last night were creeping me out! I had to change it at that point.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 AM

20,071 posts, read 13,747,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I like Adam but last night's performance was alittle bit over the top and unnecessary. I am surprised they let him get away with some of the things he did. Yes, I know he is trying to rattle the masses but he went alittle too far in my opinion.
I agree 100% with this! It was an outrageous performance for general television audiences (which includes young-ish kids). Simulating sex acts (especially that of a bj) should be left out of these types of shows that are geared towards the youth of today-IMO.

Highly talented fellow, who may have just ruined his chances of super stardom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or