U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 09:54 AM

23,978 posts, read 31,212,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I agree 100% with this! It was an outrageous performance for general television audiences (which includes young-ish kids). Simulating sex acts (especially that of a bj) should be left out of these types of shows that are geared towards the youth of today-IMO.

Highly talented fellow, who may have just ruined his chances of super stardom.
I wasn't a fan BEFORE his performance. And he just ruined any chance of me ever becoming one. What an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 10:35 AM

51,674 posts, read 12,667,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I forget which morning show, but one of the news segments this morning mentioned him briefly along with Lady Gaga's piano being on fire and JLo falling.
"The View" mentioned Adam and Lady Ga GA in the first few minutes of the HOT TOPICS this morning and Barbra also mentioned he will be on her special which will be aired I believe on December 6th.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:57 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,909,616 times
Two words: ugh and ich. Very sad for such a talented performer. His lack of maturity and wisdom very apparent with this terrible "performance". He did keep his clothes on, no stripping. And what were all those "things" slithering around on the floor in front of him? Anyway, the whole AMA show was trash, not watchable, so guess he fit right in apparently. Maybe we should have another look at Chris Allen. At least he is clean and decent.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 AM

444 posts, read 684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Two words: ugh and ich. Very sad for such a talented performer. His lack of maturity and wisdom very apparent with this terrible "performance". He did keep his clothes on, no stripping. And what were all those "things" slithering around on the floor in front of him? Anyway, the whole AMA show was trash, not watchable, so guess he fit right in apparently. Maybe we should have another look at Chris Allen. At least he is clean and decent.
That's what I thought too. Kids like to watch that awards show and the performance he gave was not for kids to see. There were other too, but this one stood out as being particularly offensive.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:19 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,259,095 times
I'm tired of artists and musicians placing so much value on "shock." So the heck what? If I want to be shocked and disturbed, I can watch the nightly news. I turn to musicians for entertainment and that was not entertainment last night. The only performances of the entire evening that were not completely degenerate were Whitney Houston, Kelly Clarkson, and Keith Urban (the latter two, I don't even care for, but at least they were clean). I'm really sick to death of the humping and grunting. Is that what great music is in the minds of our youth. Disgusting.

People are shocked by Adam's performance and I was too, but when I stop and think about it in the context of the entire show, well, how much worse was he than the others? Not much.

I also feel betrayed by Adam's nice, sweet, let's-all-get-along demeanor, promoting mutual tolerance -- and then he does a performance that is so completely offensive to normal sensibilities. You can either shock or unite, Adam, but you can't do both. Grow up.

It's evidence of how far off track these kids are when they think a performance like that is okay to do in front of their mothers!

Old 11-23-2009, 11:33 AM

4,299 posts, read 8,068,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
That's what I thought too. Kids like to watch that awards show and the performance he gave was not for kids to see. There were other too, but this one stood out as being particularly offensive.
I have to agree with you on this one. Even though my kids they are not young children, they are my children 17, 20 and 23. It was offensive.
It was the shock factor alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
There is definitely such a thing as too much and that boundary for everyone is different. I don't think it's a bad thing that fans speak up when a performance goes too far for them.
True. I still love Adam, but he did cross a boundary with me last night. Like I said, 3 or so things of that performance could of been left out and it still would of been a good performance. There is a time and a place for it. Not on national t.v. Maybe in a club like he said....an x rated club

I agree that the whole music awards had more distasteful performances than tasteful

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM

20,071 posts, read 13,785,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I have to agree with you on this one. Even though my kids they are not young children, they are my children 17, 20 and 23. It was offensive.
It was the shock factor alright.

True. I still love Adam, but he did cross a boundary with me last night. Like I said, 3 or so things of that performance could of been left out and it still would of been a good performance. There is a time and a place for it. Not on national t.v. Maybe in a club like he said....an x rated club

I agree that the whole music awards had more distasteful performances than tasteful
100% right on!

I kept wondering who's crotch was going to gyrate next. And what kind of funky, tacky, revealing-wardrobe-malfunctioning get-up, the next celeb would come out in.

Has it really come down to this? Where's the mystery? Where's the pure talent? Here's a newsflash for the "entertainers" out there who have become clueless. IT'S NO LONGER A TURN-ON!!!!!!!!! It (gyrating, etc.) has become a ridiculous cliche!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM

4,218 posts, read 7,868,006 times
EW's Michael Slezak:

"But the bottom line is that Adam’s AMA performance felt less like a genuine expression of his high-octane sexuality (so playfully erotic when he fondled the mic stand during “Whole Lotta Love” this summer), and more like a carefully planned stab at dominating the post-AMA blogosphere/water-cooler discussion. I’m certainly no prude…the idea of saucy boy-on-boy/boy-on-girl/boy-on-not-quite-sure action does not rattle my cage — certainly not at 10:55 p.m. on a school night. And yet, what’s sad is that unlike, say, a J.Lo or even a Rihanna, Adam could’ve had tongues wagging just from his vocals alone. Instead, that golden voice took a backseat tonight at the AMAs, and I’m not sure exactly who was occupying the driver’s seat."

Adam Lambert at the AMAs: Simulated fellatio, bikini-area snapping, and makeout sessions. But what about the vocals? | EW.com

"I have to say, however, that as a TV viewer, I thought Lambert’s performance was a gas, a delight, a blast of brash vulgarity in the midst of merely ordinary vulgarity."

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/11/23...a-performance/

Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,215,647 times
Was anyone else surprised at Carrie Underwood's performance as well? The dancers were behaving very similarly to Adam and his dancers. That surprised me given her usually very wholesome image. Also, was she wearing the dress that Carol Hannah on Project Runway designed for fashion week? I need to rewatch the finale and see, but it certainly looked like the same dress. I hope so because I really wanted Carol Hannah to win instead of Irina.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 PM

792 posts, read 1,059,403 times
A real class act...! Maybe that's why he has been, will be a second place finisher for the remainder of his short career.

I find it interesting how some people can overlook his overt jestures on national television, however if he pulled the same crap in "public" he would be arrested....a role model....I think not !

He should return to Venice Beach....they lost their idiot !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or