U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-23-2009, 11:30 AM

3,009 posts, read 1,751,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
A real class act...! Maybe that's why he has been, will be a second place finisher for the remainder of his short career.

I find it interesting how some people can overlook his overt jestures on national television, however if he pulled the same crap in "public" he would be arrested....a role model....I think not !

He should return to Venice Beach....they lost their idiot !
Okay, you don't like him, I get that.

I think what is bothering the rest of us is that we recognize a once-in-a-generation exceptional vocal talent, we had high hopes, and Adam seems to be on the verge of throwing it all away in order to pursue trashy, vulgar, burlesque type shows instead.

It's a waste of a great, very great, talent. I hope he turns around but I suspect he will get defensive and dig in his heels more. He's showing us that he doesn't understand his vocal talent or what it means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 AM

12,540 posts, read 7,831,697 times
Maybe it would have been better if he'd have waited until he was a little more established as an artist. Not everyone saw the talent he exhibited on American Idol, so this is their first 'taste' of him and there was just way too much going on.

Has Paula Abdul had anything to say about this?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

3,009 posts, read 1,751,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Maybe it would have been better if he'd have waited until he was a little more established as an artist. Not everyone saw the talent he exhibited on American Idol, so this is their first 'taste' of him and there was just way too much going on.

Has Paula Abdul had anything to say about this?
I don't know, but I can't imagine Simon approving! In fact, I think I can hear him now . . . "What indulgent nonsense!"

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM

3,574 posts, read 4,672,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
if he'd have waited until he was a little more established as an artist.
I don't understand? How can one get established without performing, with just waiting? Or do you mean he's too much out there, instead of doing a lot of work (jamming, rehearsing, searching) backstage? (sort of what I think, too, - he has to find his vein. I refuse to believe that this is his vein).

Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

12,540 posts, read 7,831,697 times
I mean until he has had more exposure, like videos or performing on shows just doing a normal singing performance. Until more people know who he is. With an album coming out he might be doing talk shows where he'll just be singing, and his singing is good enough; he doesn't need to prove anything.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 PM

3,132 posts, read 7,347,301 times
janet jackson grabbed her crotch ..how many times? plus, she grabbed a guys! how come only the fingers pointed at adam? I think the whole show's performances were a bit over-the-top, but I think that is the way the producers wanted it. they wanted a good ratings boost, and the performers they had, probably delivered. I admit it was not the performance from adam that I wanted to see, but he has not lost me as a fan! my kid is still buying me the cd for christmas! and I guess I will tape letterman and gma this week.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:57 PM

4,695 posts, read 4,591,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
janet jackson grabbed her crotch ..how many times? plus, she grabbed a guys! how come only the fingers pointed at adam? I think the whole show's performances were a bit over-the-top, but I think that is the way the producers wanted it. they wanted a good ratings boost, and the performers they had, probably delivered. I admit it was not the performance from adam that I wanted to see, but he has not lost me as a fan! my kid is still buying me the cd for christmas! and I guess I will tape letterman and gma this week.
sgresident - well said. I bought it today. After watching the first few acts, Dh was so bored he said "wake me up when Adam's on". LOL. We thought he was the best of the evening and thought the violence in Lady GaGa's act was worse. I forget who it was, but one of the rap stars was introduced by citing the number of rapes and violent crimes for which he'd been arrested.
To put the controversy in proper perspective, ABC has received approximately 1,500 complaints about Adam, and does not consider it to be an unusual number A major PR disaster would normally prompt 15,000 to 20,000 complaints. I don't think this will hurt his career one bit. I find it hard to believe that ABC owned by Disney was not aware of the contents of the performance. Adam has admitted the kiss was spur of the moment. IMHO - Adam is going to be a hit in Europe. I don't know what people consider "youngish", but I read on another board someone was complaining that she had to cover her ten-year old child's eyes. Adam performed around 10:45 on the West Coast. What the heck are kids doing up at 11PM? I don't think teenagers were that shocked by Adam's performance.
Clip:
Meanwhile, all the hype about the star-studded event seems to have paid off. According to preliminary Nielsen ratings, the American Music Awards show saw its best numbers since 2002, with 14.2 million viewers.
ABC fields Adam Lambert complaints, compliments - Lifeline Live - USATODAY.com

Old 11-23-2009, 02:12 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,956,907 times
JMO but he sucked on the AMA...Not a good role model for teens and they need positive realistic ones!

Old 11-23-2009, 02:19 PM

6,586 posts, read 16,056,494 times
Well, just for the record, in the Central Time Zone, Adam was on at 9:45 p.m.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:00 PM

44,116 posts, read 54,126,344 times
Okay, I'm so worried about Adam!

I just heard him say "if the performance made you uncomfortable maybe I'm not for you".

He seems CLUELESS as to how bad the average person thought the performance was. This is really risky on his part - underestimating how his shock rock performance turned so many off.

I am just praying he gets reigned in by older, wiser advisors really quickly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities