U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 04:58 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,627,540 times

Advertisements

I thought Gaga looked like the queen monster on Alien
Again did anyone notice not one of Adam's words had to be bleeped out?
Rhianna bleeps
Slim Shady bleeps
I think some of Green Day.
The only difference is that Adam had visuals that could not be bleeped out.
I was more concerned that the quality of his voice was not right, could it have been a tech error? Sounded like his mic was barely on.
OK, we are all having lots of opinions, I think it is good, maybe someone in his circle reads them.
Go Adam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 PM

5,076 posts, read 7,057,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I thought Gaga looked like the queen monster on Alien
Again did anyone notice not one of Adam's words had to be bleeped out?
Rhianna bleeps
Slim Shady bleeps
I think some of Green Day.
The only difference is that Adam had visuals that could not be bleeped out.
I was more concerned that the quality of his voice was not right, could it have been a tech error? Sounded like his mic was barely on.
OK, we are all having lots of opinions, I think it is good, maybe someone in his circle reads them.
Go Adam!
Seven, I agree with you on the quality of Adam's voice. I thought he was the best of the bunch, but something was wrong. We thought it happened after the roll (originally thought to be a fall) We noticed with the performers before Adam came on, there was some fadeout at least on the west coast. I did hear they also cut something from J-Lo's performance.

Adam's on Letterman tonight. I read he's going to sing Whataya Want From Me. After listening to the lyrics again, I wonder if he chose tonight's song for a reason. As Adam explained, he tailors the visual to the lyrics. I'd already listened to FYE lyrics several times, and it was advertised several times as a "shock" performance, so that's what he did.
Adam heading to Letterman show:
Adam Lambert paid a visit to the Late Show with David Letterman

Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 PM

792 posts, read 1,062,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Okay, you don't like him, I get that.

I think what is bothering the rest of us is that we recognize a once-in-a-generation exceptional vocal talent, we had high hopes, and Adam seems to be on the verge of throwing it all away in order to pursue trashy, vulgar, burlesque type shows instead.

It's a waste of a great, very great, talent. I hope he turns around but I suspect he will get defensive and dig in his heels more. He's showing us that he doesn't understand his vocal talent or what it means.
Honestly...I could care less about "Adam"...my problem is the message Mr. Lambert sent to countless very impressionable minds, and the brainless producers that allowed it , to air, basically on "prime time". This award show attracts a very wide age range.....that is a given...and they knew exactly what he was going to do !

The guy is a loser.....and if it was for attention....just remember he put the "publicity" of his act, before the impression he portrayed to the countless young minds....and he did it with full knoowledge and intent.

I have to ask...If you had your children at a park, and some idiot started doing exactly what Lambert did, in full view of your children....would you tolerate it....

We have enough unexplainable answers to provide to our children in todays' world.....we do not need that.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:48 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,606,056 times
What was the rating for that show? It's up to the parent or guardian to determine whether their child can watch. If you know that Eminem and 50 cent are going to be performing, not to mention lady Gaga, then you had better be prepared.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:56 PM

4,218 posts, read 7,884,853 times
David Letterman show website lists Adam as a guest on Wednesday ?

Late Show - This Week's Guests - CBS.com

Old 11-23-2009, 06:04 PM

4,218 posts, read 7,884,853 times
On Ellen DeGeneres show December 1st - that should be hilarious.

Adam Lambert on the ELLEN DEGENERES Show! Supporting the Dream of Adam Lambert … And Why Not?

Old 11-23-2009, 06:12 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,718,948 times
I like Adams singing in the 2012 movie. I loved the song before I even knew it was him.........
Its that voice that I love.
I would bet Ellen would ask him to sing it too.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:16 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,627,540 times
Great shots of Adam going into the Letterman show~
There is our smile
Come on Glamberts, he is doing just what we want him to do, take a few chances. He had a lot of established competition last night.
As I said before, loved, loved Kelly C.
But no one is talking about her. Noone is talking about MJ, and I thought that would be his night
And for the youngsters in our forum, David Bowie was very much a questionable sex performer in the Ziggy Stardust years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dQWzdUVMbI
My mom would not let me buy this album I was only alowed to buy albums by the Carpenters and John Denver!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:28 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,718,948 times
Yes, the golden, beautiful, voice took a backseat to those antics. I am a fan. I adore his voice......especially the song on 2012........Slow, vocal and heartwarming.
The show was over the top. I always hold my breath and wonder if he will sing a song wonderfully.........
or go crazy like he did on the awards. Horrible it was......all the way around.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 PM

5,076 posts, read 7,057,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
David Letterman show website lists Adam as a guest on Wednesday ?

Late Show - This Week's Guests - CBS.com
Okay. In the interview after AMA last night Adam said tomorrow so I thought he meant tonight. Adam must be confused. LOL. I don't want to waste my time watching Robin Williams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or