Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 07:38 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times

Advertisements

Wicked Felina - thanks for that article. I especially savored this bit (that parallels current situation with Adam):

"And then Gould's kicker: "Mr. Presley has no discernable singing ability." He sang with a "whine," Gould wrote, like a novice "aria in a bathtub. As for his music, Gould wrote, "He is a rock-and-roll variation of … the virtuoso of the hootchy-kootchy that heretofore has been primarily identified with the repertoire of theblonde bombshells of the burlesque runway." The Journal American's critic was even worse. "Presley," he wrote, moved in "suggestive animation" that was just "short of an aborigine's mating dance." The Daily News also joined in. His "exhibition," the critic said, "was suggestive and vulgar," a kind of "animalism" that "should be confined to dives and bordellos." How time has changed."

Countdown: 13 days left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 04:23 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Wicked Felina - thanks for that article. I especially savored this bit (that parallels current situation with Adam):

"And then Gould's kicker: "Mr. Presley has no discernable singing ability." He sang with a "whine," Gould wrote, like a novice "aria in a bathtub. As for his music, Gould wrote, "He is a rock-and-roll variation of … the virtuoso of the hootchy-kootchy that heretofore has been primarily identified with the repertoire of theblonde bombshells of the burlesque runway." The Journal American's critic was even worse. "Presley," he wrote, moved in "suggestive animation" that was just "short of an aborigine's mating dance." The Daily News also joined in. His "exhibition," the critic said, "was suggestive and vulgar," a kind of "animalism" that "should be confined to dives and bordellos." How time has changed."

Countdown: 13 days left.
9 more days. I think my dh will get it for me for my birthday on 28...at least he better lol

Did you hear that Adam was going to be on the music awards this upcoming Saturday? Not sure which music awards, but I just barely saw the advertisement, and already forgot which one...must be old age!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
9 more days. I think my dh will get it for me for my birthday on 28...at least he better lol

Did you hear that Adam was going to be on the music awards this upcoming Saturday? Not sure which music awards, but I just barely saw the advertisement, and already forgot which one...must be old age!
Chickrae - it's the American Music Awards next Sunday at 8PM. Here's the list of performers, including Adam.
ABC.com - 2009 American Music Awards - Performers

Old 11-15-2009, 06:07 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
I wish they'd show a list of when in the show each performer is appearing. I'm only interested in Whitney, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and, of course, Adam.

Thanks again, tigerlilly. You always seem to find this stuff!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Chickrae - it's the American Music Awards next Sunday at 8PM. Here's the list of performers, including Adam.
ABC.com - 2009 American Music Awards - Performers
Ok thanks. Glad you told me. I would be looking for it on all the channels on Saturday lol

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Girlies, you can stream his entire album here. Adam Lambert - Official Artist Page on iLike - free music, pictures, videos

I am just listening to it right now!!

Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Default Merry Christmas, Glambertians!

Just a little something to get you all in the holiday spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpmFsuTOR0Q

Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Mookster, thanks for the link. i've listened to the album twice. There's absolutely nothing I don't like. I love Music Again and Soaked. I was prepared not to like the Lady GaGa song, but it's good too. I started to rank the songs, then gave up. Supposedly, Adam co-wrote "A Loaded Smile" with Perry, but he's not given credit on this list. Adam was right, there's something for everyone here.
For Your Entertainment

1. MUSIC AGAIN: Writer – Justin Hawkins, Producer – Rob Cavallo 

2. FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT: Writers – Claude Kelly/Dr. Luke, Producer: Dr. Luke

3. WHATAYA WANT FROM ME: Writers: Pink, Max Martin, Johan Shellbeck, Producers: Max Martin & Johan Shellback

4. STRUT: Writers: Adam Lambert, Kara DioGuardi, Greg Wells, Producer: Greg Wells

5. SOAKED: Writer: Matthew Bellamy (MUSE), Producer: Rob Cavallo 

6. SURE FIRE WINNERS: Writers: David Gamson, Alexander James, Oliver Lieber, Producer: Rob Cavallo

7. A LOADED SMILE: Writer/Producer – Linda Perry

8, IF I HAD YOU: Writers- Max Martin, Johan Shellback, Savan Kotecha, Producers: Max Martin & Johan Shellback Borows

9. PICK U UP: Writers- Rivers Cuomo, Greg Wells, Adam Lambert. Producer – Greg Wells

10. FEVER: Writers - Lady Gaga, Jeff Bhasker, Producer- Jeff Bhasker

11. SLEEPWALKER: Writers - Ryan Tedder, Aimee Mayo, Chris Lindsey, Producer- Ryan Tedder

12. AFTERMATH: Writers- Adam Lambert, Alisan Porter, Ferras, Ely Rise. Producer- Howard Benson

13. BROKEN OPEN: Writers- Greg Wells, Adam Lambert, Evan Bogart. Producer- Greg Wells

BONUS TRACK:
14. TIME FOR MIRACLES: Writers – Alain Johannes, Natasha Shneider. Producer- Rob Cavallo

Old 11-17-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Just a little something to get you all in the holiday spirit.
HELLO...light me up... Who's singing? Never head that song before. You, my dear, are a Glambertian Goddess. Many thanks ~

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 11-17-2009 at 05:07 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Girlies, you can stream his entire album here.
Wonderful...thank you, Mooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities