Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:18 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times

Advertisements

From the forum on the American Idol website:

A grandpa's assessment of Adam's emotional voyage
4 days ago :: Apr 10, 2009 - 06:07PM

There once was a thread (I kid you, it still exists) titled: "I wonder what Adam thinks about the phenomenon..." where a lovely gentleman posted an incredibly touching view of what Adam is going through. I encouraged said gentleman to start his own thread with his amazing post, but alas... to no avail! Along with my encouragement, came a threat/promise that I would do it for him if he had not... So here I am, but more importantly, here is his post:

Apr 10, 2009 - 02:14PM, steelerbuckeye wrote:

This is the best place to post this.

I knew when I saw his emotional reaction to the very first comments he got (from Paula) after his first performance of the finals that the reason he almost lost it was because of having lived what Paula was so perplexed by. That being all the years he has poured his everything into trying to finally get beyond, as Paula put it, "not being established already, for several years, as a recording artist." I could literally feel that watershed moment for him, after I'm sure hearing so many "You're not what we're looking for"s for so many years, finally hearing on one of the grandest of scales that "You are the one we've been looking for."

You could so plainly see all the years, days, every-single-moments of yet-another-disappointments evaporate right before him like so many strands of fog as the early morning fades away into the oncoming day. Suddenly, instantly, almost mystically his very existence had been transformed, yea, even transported into a reality so unfamiliar that yes, I can completely understand why it would seem very surreal to him. It must be like an exceedingly prolonged and slow, very slow awakening from a dream that, with every passing moment, is so much further distant it may eventually even seem almost an imagination to him.

As a father (and grandfather) myself, I can fully imagine what this time must also be like for his parents/grandparents. It has truly been a joy to watch unfold, that is certain .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Good post.............we need to get more worshipers...lol

Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,955 times
This guy is extremely talented. I can see him doing Broadway!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:27 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
We need to find the video of the group song, Maniac. There is all kinds of talk about his sexy eyes in it and I missed it! Must see it!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:27 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,985 times
Is this thread still alive? I just found it, and thank you for all the pictures of Adam.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:30 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times
YOu are welcome! There're a lot of Adam discussion on the Idol thread, but when AI over, this thread would be good to keep up with whatever he'll be up to.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:03 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
YOu are welcome! There're a lot of Adam discussion on the Idol thread, but when AI over, this thread would be good to keep up with whatever he'll be up to.
Believe me, I have been over there! LOL.....I have never been SO interested in an Idol before. And that says a lot, since I have been watching it since Season One.
I'm not saying the other top tens weren't good, it's just, Adam has something special. My DH was the lead singer in a band many years ago and he recognized Adam's talent immediately during the auditions.

Just remember to call Tuesday!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,018 times
Hey, I didn't know this thread was here
But now I do!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:56 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,124 times
I'm the OP of this thread, and I'm still and Adam worshipper, but I have come to really like Kris too. They have completely different styles, but they're both amazing!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
What I like is that usually the judges ho-hum at theatrical voices such as Adam's. But this time they have been won over by a theater guy and the audience is going wild over him. How nice to see a success other than rock'n'roll or country singer. Not that there is anything wrong with those genres, it's just they have been done to death. And I love the theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities