Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
True Confessions of a Cougar Cub: So, I was wandering aimlessly in the grocery store and suddenly this bright light shone down from heaven and angels started to sing because right in front of me was a single copy of ROLLING STONES WITH ADAM ON THE COVER!!! I screamed before I could help myself, from suprise or because he looks oh so fine I'm not sure... Crazy on aisle 3!!! LOL May need to switch grocery stores for a few days, but it was worth it!!

nuala, thank you so much for thinking about me!!!
thanks gals for the laugh! God I had a s''' day at work, all I could do was think about that cover!
Can the dh read my mind? The ring of fireeee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
I never ever expected to even find Rolling Stones at the grocery store!! I'll be out and about tomorrow and if I happen to see anymore unexpected copies I'll pick them up just in case one of you all can't get a copy.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:20 AM

23 posts, read 69,570 times
Great gals! I hope we can all meet up. Drinks sound fun! Bring your hubbys or bfs, if you'd like. Mine will be with me. He's goofy, but fun.
I hope the box office will be open that day. I checked online, but there aren't any decent seats left. If I can't be within eye view, then there's no point. I gotta see that gorgeous face up close! So...just have to wait and see.
I'm checking the book stores early tomorrow. Hope everyone has a copy by then! I'll try to restrain myself when I finally do get my sweaty little hands on one But I wouldn't be surprised if I let out a squeal or two!

And ladies: I just turned 48. I don't consider myself a couger tho, since Adam is the FIRST younger guy I've been interested in. Heck, about 12 years ago I used to go to a club every week on ladies night. I had this hot 26 yr old flirt with me, and thought I was way too old for him even then! If only I were that age now...there'd be nowhere to hide, Adam my boy....

Old 06-12-2009, 05:33 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,018 times
49 here girlfriend! I like you, this is my first "crush" since Donny Osmond
Not to worry, it is fun to be Lambertized! Dh understands, I think his voice is so wonderful for the soul. We have had discussions here about the symmetry of his face. We are all long gone! I may have to make the pilgrimage to the Wally world for the RS! For those who don't know here that would be 200 miles one way

Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
Did not see this posted here, but Adam Lambert is being interviewed tonight on ABC's 20/20!!

Old 06-12-2009, 02:57 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Lilypad, thanks for the head's up regarding 20/20! I've got you ladies' beat in the grandma department. Adam is my first crush since I fell in love with George Harrison and chased after him in San Diego, if that gives you a clue!

Still working on Rolling Stone...I went to Powell's this AM and they're not putting out their copies yet. They're supposed to call me. The clerks were laughing since they've been getting several calls and walk-ins on this! Like I said, if I can I'll get extra copies. Right now I'm hoping to get just one copy! (Went to several other stores, but none had shipments in yet).

Enjoy 20/20!

Old 06-12-2009, 04:30 PM

23 posts, read 69,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
49 here girlfriend! I like you, this is my first "crush" since Donny Osmond
Not to worry, it is fun to be Lambertized! Dh understands, I think his voice is so wonderful for the soul. We have had discussions here about the symmetry of his face. We are all long gone! I may have to make the pilgrimage to the Wally world for the RS! For those who don't know here that would be 200 miles one way
That's too funny--Donny Osmond was my second crush! My first was Davy Jones from the Monkees. I think my third was David Cassidy--the "baddest boy" of the bunch-heehee. Then along came Robert Plant (the original SEX GOD).These days, only Adam can fill the those shoes , at least as far as I'm concerned. I still have a thing for RP--I gotta admit. But since Adam came along, he's all I can think about...day and night, night and day. When I wake up...before I go to bed...at the grocery store... even when I went to the hospital to visit a relative!! Oh Lord--help me!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:30 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
True Confessions of a Cougar Cub: So, I was wandering aimlessly in the grocery store and suddenly this bright light shone down from heaven and angels started to sing because right in front of me was a single copy of ROLLING STONES WITH ADAM ON THE COVER!!! I screamed before I could help myself, from suprise or because he looks oh so fine I'm not sure... Crazy on aisle 3!!! LOL May need to switch grocery stores for a few days, but it was worth it!!

nuala, thank you so much for thinking about me!!!
Felt chill reading this - it WOULD be like a thunderbolt, - esp. unexpectedly. And some people around have no idea, and it makes it so much crazier, looking at us from the outside.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:40 PM

The last time I had a crash on anyone would have to be my early 20s - and I was prone to multiple crashes... But not for the last 20 years In comes Adam... Lightning!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:02 PM

This is one GOOD explanation why Adam Lambert is attractive to women of "certain" age:

"But it still begs the question exactly why our mojo leaned more toward Lambert than toward cute-as-a-button Kris Allen, the eventual winner of the competition, a young man whom Lambert admitted to having a little crush on.

Part of the Lambert allure is that some women find his onstage lack of inhibition a powerful aphrodisiac. According to psychoanalyst Dr. Gail Saltz, we all have a little touch of the voyeur inside of us, but it’s often repressed. Then along comes Lambert, and those voyeuristic floodgates open. “Here’s a guy who is a maximum exhibitionist, molten hot, can sing anything and is screaming, ‘Look at me,’ and for some women, that’s an incredible turn-on,” says Saltz, author of The Ripple Effect: How Better Sex Can Lead to a Better Life.

It may also go back to our childhood, as all things psychoanalytic seem to do. According to Saltz, buried deep inside all of us is the childhood desire to be able to have everything and anything, whenever you want. So part of our fascination with Mr. Lambert is that we may want to be like him. “[Lambert] is the poster child for having it all,” says Saltz, associate professor of psychiatry at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill-Cornell School of Medicine. “Men want him, women want him, and that ambiguity is as hot as hell.”

Why Cougars Crave “Idol” Runner-Up Adam Lambert : ADAM LAMBERT American Idol Winner Official Unofficial Fansite (http://adam-lambert.org/why-cougars-crave-idol-runner-up-adam-lambert/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities