Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:04 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times

Advertisements

I was watching I think it was Jimmy Kimmel or some other late night chat show and Mel was on there. He seemed either HIGH or manic. Not the kind of person I would want in my life. I would be wanting to swat him like a fly to get him to settle down.

I have found his reported behavior beyond the pale and have lost interest in him frankly a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:35 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Not to make light of it though. It's sad,really. That's a long time marriage to have it fall apart.
Thank you. Personal feelings about him aside, I don't know why anyone would celebrate the breakup of a marriage. That says a lot.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:39 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
From what they were saying on the news today, Mel belongs to a section of the Catholic church that does not allow divorce and that he and his wife have actually been seperated since he was arrested for driving drunk but that recent pictures of him with some actress on the family estate in Costa Rica drove her into starting the proceedings.

It sounds like this hasn't been a marriage in a LONG time. Just how respectful has he been of his so called vows?

I just LOVE when people beat their chest about their religious beliefs that don't for example allow them to divorce but its FINE they are a drunk, threatening peoples lives by getting behind the wheel, openly flaunting another woman when he is married. Makes me sick.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:53 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Some people, instead of gloating over the messes others have made of their lives (religious beliefs included or not), just offer up a simple, "Wow... sorry to see that; 28 years is a long time".

There's many people in this world who's religious beliefs, or bashing of others freedom of choice with theirs, that bother me. Still not a reason for me to be giddy/ happy about the breakup of a marriage.

JMO.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,145,603 times
After all the crap we've heard about, it must have been either been something major, or just the straw that broke the camel's back, to divorce after 28 years. And no pre-nup. One of the few cases where I think she's entitled to every penny she gets.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Read yesterday that he's been having a pretty heated affair for some time now. So that along with his drinking, bad temper and gone all the time, pushed Robyn over the edge. She was said to be not too warm towards the kids and pretty stern but I was thinking......well duh! That many kids,and all are boys except one girl; I'm sure she had to be firm or turn into a drunk like her husband. Not too sure what was meant by the "not too warm" term. Maybe she was so focused on raising their kids that it came across that way.
Though I hate to see a long time marriage end, I can see where Robyn had no choice. He was gone all the time. he drank, raged and had a public affair. Meanwhile wife is home trying to hold the family together, raising the kids alone. WTF? May as well get rid of him and collect a few million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
After all the crap we've heard about, it must have been either been something major, or just the straw that broke the camel's back, to divorce after 28 years. And no pre-nup. One of the few cases where I think she's entitled to every penny she gets.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
oil fields of no fault divorce, there is gold in them hills.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:35 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Default Mistress ID'd

Mel Gibson's Girlfriend: Mystery Solved? - Couples, Mel Gibson : People.com

Old 04-18-2009, 05:07 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
I divorced my wife after 26 years. It wasn't something any more major than what had been going on for 20 years. There was no straw to break the camel's back. It was just time to give up the one-sided effort and move our separate ways.

Money, religion and kids had a lot to do with my sticking it out as long as I did, and I imagine the same might have been true with the Gibsons. But I guess some of you know the cause for the breakup. You must have lived with them.

What I don't understand is how anyone can say "she's entitled to every penny she gets" when you have no any idea how many pennies she's getting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities