U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM

27,234 posts, read 20,934,527 times

Advertisements

She's 16. It probably has nothing to do with her making more money then all them combined I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,721 posts, read 11,903,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"make a sex tape and grow up"

So you think it's Okay to say this to 16 year old girl???

There goes that double standard again!!!!
Did you somehow miss the sarcasm here? Maybe another cup 'o coffee?

Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 AM

8,590 posts, read 9,967,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Did you somehow miss the sarcasm here? Maybe another cup 'o coffee?
I guess I did miss it...and I'm on my 3rd cup already...that may be the problem...LOL

Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 AM

1,652 posts, read 1,983,895 times
Get this out of this forum... give me a break... what does this have to do with race? Because the comedian was Black and Miley is white? Unbelievable...

Old 04-15-2009, 08:51 AM

1,652 posts, read 1,983,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Jamie should know better than to disrespect a child like that.

It wasn't even funny.

Very stupid on his part.
Agreed... he already apologized this morning... but again, what does this have to do with politics or race?

Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 AM

3,562 posts, read 3,318,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Get this out of this forum... give me a break... what does this have to do with race? Because the comedian was Black and Miley is white? Unbelievable...

Its a controversy. That's all that is needed for it to be posted here.

I dont think it has anything to do with race. Neither did Imus though, IMO.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:53 AM

15,704 posts, read 21,088,727 times
Ohh yeah...what about Don Imus appologizing even in front of the girls and still people wanted his a$$ fired...even Obama called on that...so Obama where are you now!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 AM

10,526 posts, read 11,328,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This forum is called Politics and OTHER CONTROVERSIES!

what about "white *****" ....and what about the "gum" remarks...and the "sex tape" remarks.....we are talking about a 16 year old girl...maybe if she was black and a white person had said it it would make a difference to you!
What about the gum remarks? She has gigantic gums.

Go make a sex tape like Paris... ok... and?

Was it in poor taste? Absolutely. It doesn't matter who said what... it's an XL channel... which means it's restricted and racy, and you have to pay to listen to it. I thought the Imus stuff was ridiculous as well.

Were you this outraged over what Imus said?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 AM

15,704 posts, read 21,088,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What about the gum remarks? She has gigantic gums.

Go make a sex tape like Paris... ok... and?

It doesn't matter who said what... it's an XL channel... which means it's restricted and racy, and you have to pay to listen to it. I thought the Imus stuff was ridiculous as well.

Were you this outraged over what Imus said?
I didn't like at all what he said...but IMO both sides should be treated equally..so bye bye Jamie Foxx!

Or let everybody say whatever they want and don't start whining if something is said about a African American or black person!

In the case of Imus it was against a group of young girls similar in age...so this is very a very similar case and where is the Rev. Al....

Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 AM

22,809 posts, read 10,465,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And where the hell is Big Al when you need him?????? Or The Rev. Jackson?????
Agreed. Discrimination only works in one direction as far as those guys are concerned. Don Imus catches hell over "nappy headed hoe's" but Foxx will carry on unscathed. Personally, I believe discrimination double-standard in the black community only fuels the discrimination they seek to put a stop to. You reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities