Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:37 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Britney Spears didnt work at anything, neither did any of the fools in American Idol!
Unless they're all lip-synching to somebody else's work, got to differ here.
Don't watch it, but can't imagine the pressure and practicing they go through on Idol as they either move up or get sent on their ways in tears. The good ones have to work very hard at their talent to not get humiliated and crushed like an ant in front of everybody.

PS Spears was accomplished Gymnast by age 9; lost Star Search her first attempt and was too young for the first TV show she tried out for (Mickey Mouse.)

Last edited by Travel'r; 04-06-2007 at 02:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 04:14 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Well, unless wearing no underwear counts as talent. Cause thats all Spears & Co seem to be famous for. OK, i wont forget the skinhead rampage. But theyre all 'famous' for no reason IMHO.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:18 PM

942 posts, read 2,583,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
As a famous person, myself, I think I can speak for all celebs when I say we just want to be treated like the average person. Just treat us like regular folks.
I've always thought its the little people who made me who I am today.

Ok..thought you were joking looked at your profile and went to youtube. I LOVE the way you play piano. What a gift!!! Im sure it took alot of discippline and hard work..congrats!!!! I loved I'll be home for Christmas.

Sorry I went off topic....no famous poeple should be able to negotiate a better price. However its up to them to do so. Remember a salesperson is out to make as much as they possibly can-thats there job. They want to make the sale with high commission. And no that does not make it fair.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:15 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
A friend of mine who is somewhat famous in our town was looking at a car. When he showed me the price it seemed kind of high. So being the good friend (not to mention my love of car shopping) I called the dealer inquiring about the same car hmmm $1000 less. By the time I finished negotiating the price came down $1900.
Want to take a guess on which price he paid
He said he runs into that a lot.
Another friend (not friends with famous friend) said "let him pay the higher price he can afford it"
I told him it's not only the money, but the fact that someone tries to take advantage.
He said I was wrong. lol So I told him there were more people that think the way I do and would ask my friends here, because they are experts on everything..
So "experts" what are your feelings ?

Should famous people pay more just because they are famous?

karla

They shouldn't pay more just because they are famous. They should pay more if they can't be bothered to negotiate or are a poor negotiator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities