Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:17 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,945,089 times

Advertisements

I just got my People Magazine in the mail and Kate is on the cover and it says something about they might be splitting up. Haven't read any of it yet though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 04:23 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,419,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I just got my People Magazine in the mail and Kate is on the cover and it says something about they might be splitting up. Haven't read any of it yet though.

People hasn't caught up with the internet.

There was a link to an interview with Kate's brother and wife, Aunt Jodi and her brother said she told Jon about six months ago 'It's Over'. Jon has been living in an apt over the garage since then. Her brother said the fighting has been ongoing and so intense that it has been difficult to film the show for some time now. This is no surprise to me.

Then there are the 'stories' about Kate and the bodyguard. True/not true--she has denied them, the wife of the bodyguard also denied the rumors. I would expect that.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 PM

452 posts, read 1,718,437 times
I guess they'll share custody...there's enough of 'em to go around. Four for her and four for him. Very sad for those kids. They didn't ask for any of it.
I agree with "gentlearts"; she's treated and talked to jon like he's a dog and the few times I've seen him bite back at her, it was obvious...he's already gone.

She wants to continue with the show; he doesn't. She needs to toughen up if she's gonna stay in that bidness. I can see it now... "Kate...plus eight or not...depending on the day of the week."

Old 05-14-2009, 04:59 PM

When they moved into the new house I think I began to realize that Kate was not just a hardworking Mom with 8 kids.

There was the obsessive cleaning of the refrigerator and plenty of remarks about the 'filth'. Then Jon purchased some shower heads and didn't use a coupon and couldn't produce the receipt upon demand. Then she admonished the kids that they should never enter the master bedroom without knocking.

None of this is that unusual or something that any parent might say or do but at that point I no longer enjoyed a glimpse into their lives.

The critiquing of Jon's appearance, his grammar, posture and breathing would have been more than I could take for very long. Some couples say things like that with affection but there was less and less of that as time went on.

She remarked at one point--'I've always been an indoor girl--malls and spas are more my style than outdoor activities'. What she was probably really saying is that she wants a more upscale lifestyle. So find someone who can provide that.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,061,095 times
I noticed she spent 4 hours cleaning the fridge, then got a new one anyway. More freebies, I'm sure.

I said to my husband about the alleged cheating, we saw how she reacted when Jon didn't use a coupon. Can you imagine how she reacted to this?!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I noticed she spent 4 hours cleaning the fridge, then got a new one anyway. More freebies, I'm sure.

I said to my husband about the alleged cheating, we saw how she reacted when Jon didn't use a coupon. Can you imagine how she reacted to this?!

I am so thoroughly disgusted that I wonder if she even cared. It seems like she is 'Moving On Up to the Big Time' and Jon has served his purpose. Time to get a 'New' and better model in that department, too.

<evil grin> You know how messy Jon is and she cannot abide 'filth'/imperfection.

Fool me once, shame on you/Fool me twice, shame on me and there is no excuse for a third time.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 AM

1,127 posts, read 4,996,788 times
As much as I don't like Kate's personality, I can respect what she has done for her family to a certain extent. She has managed to provide them with several opportunities that they would never have had without the show and book. I think she has been the driving force behind the publicity, show, and book while Jon kinda just went along.

I do think she is way over critical, domineering, and has a mean streak, but I also see Jon as being kind of lazy, and willing to follow her lead because it's easier. In other words, she is way too grown up and he is not adult enough. I hate to see any marriage/long term relationship break up and hope that they put this show and publicity on the side to work on what's wrong and make it right.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM

Drouzin, you are a kind person.

The scenario that I have now constructed goes like this. Kate grows up in a small town in PA, daughter of a minister, living in a trailer park and she is a self-motivated person, likely excelled in school and possibly worked to pay for college/nursing school--who knows. She begins her career as a nurse and very shortly it becomes clear that she is on the road to being average. She meets Jon at a picnic and he seems a bit more upscale --his father was a dentist and he had been traveling in Europe. They marry, get a small house and have the twins. Kate works as a nurse and Jon is an IT analyst--mediocrity sets in. So she decides, I assume, that they should have another child, knowing well that there she is a high risk for multiples since IUI fertility treatments were necessary with the twins. That is where I begin to lose respect for Kate and/or Jon since he seems to have been the 'Follower'.

They learn that they are expecting sextuplets and millions of dollars were needed to bring these children into the world. There was some talk about his employer not wanting to insure him/firing him over this. The employer denies this and says at that time Jon spent hours online looking for ways to get 'Freebies'. Who can say what is true anymore?

I don't think they are very nice people. I think they fit TLC's 'profile' of a marketable family--culturally diverse, 20/30 somethings, with multiples--very 'hot' right now, and so on and so forth.

Their relationship is draining to watch and at this point all 10 of them seem to be well on the way to becoming 'too special and precious' for me.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:14 PM

I wondered when the clothing line would be introduced>>>

Kate Now Designing For Walmart

Did anyone see Rachel Ray today? She gave away some awesome swag including videos, gift cards from Walmart and her NEW designs from OshKosh! I am so super excited! We figured there was something going on while visiting corporate headquarters last week in Arkansas! Are you excited to see Kate's new childrenswear?

http://theanti-gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/

This blogger is truly a fan.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,061,095 times
I saw the clothing line thing on Rachel Ray. Not surprising. As a previous poster said, I really do not begrudge them getting a lot of what they get. Honestly, with that many mouths to feed, how many of us would say no to all of that? The more I see of Kate's personality, the more I don't like her, but I really do think, at least in the beginning, it was "all for the kids."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities