U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:45 AM

12,203 posts, read 11,074,994 times

Advertisements

What an attractive young woman. She appeared to have it all, but the ability to cope. Quite a flaw that led to her demise apparently.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to end their own life, no matter how bad the world seems or how bleak the problems of the day appear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 04:21 PM

12,252 posts, read 17,128,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
Someone once told me that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem and as cliche as it sounds, that sentence makes a lot of sense.
While it's a great way to look at it (with the normal mind), the problem doesn't seem so temporary when you're stuck in clinical depression. For the person whose depression has lasted weeks, months, or years...it seems like it is (and feels like it will be) forever.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM

5,523 posts, read 6,143,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Many don't understand clinical depression. It's not that they have this intentional wish to harm themselves, or loved ones. I just is a way to put an end to the pain that depression is. And we ain't talking "my cat died" type of depression...we're talkin' the serious illness. Depression (the feeling) is nothing like depression (the illness).
Who said anything about depression? You don't know if she was depressed its only one general possibility and from the article not a very likely one. No one mentions her ever being depressed or seeming depressed any time recently. I agree that depression is a clinical illness and the term gets thrown around all the time when really people may be just really unhappy. People think if you've been unhappy for a long time you must be depressed but that's not so. Many people feel trapped by their lives, their choices or lack there of. They can be unhappy for years because their lives actually do suck. Not the same as depression.

Not saying that was the case here but the article mentions sadness at the death of a friend. I think being with an older man might say something. The sadness of the friends death, the fight with her lover, made her feel no one left loved her. Perhaps coupled with other worries about her life, her future, maybe she just felt overwhelmed, and yes, took a permanent solution for a temporary problem. None of us will every know.
Sad.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM

862 posts, read 1,369,589 times
The problems I had at 28 , a heartbreaking divorce and other heavy issues of the day, are things I can laugh about now or at least let go. The promise of a brighter day is there for everyone who lifts their head up. I feel for this poor girl whom I do not know at all. I had a very bad year at 28 as well...now a distant memory as my life is filled with people who truly love me, when you end it all you never know these people.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:54 PM

1,365 posts, read 544,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGerardo View Post
I see my future becoming more and more bleak with aging parents, a job that isn't as promising, and being single. I don't care as much about the single part as I do about the job prospects. Yes, I live in Chicago, but everything here is expensive, so you have less disposable income at the end of the week. I think about opening a health club, day spa, or something that has to do with yoga, since I practice this in my spare time. It has trimmed me considerably and I'm much thinner than ten years ago. I think about Colorado or even Nevada because I would love the sunny skies, fewer rainy days, and just slower pace of life. I don't blame this girl for just snapping and ending it all, especially with what is happening in our world.
i am on the same boat as you, bro!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,326,073 times
A young, pretty and fairly successful actress who had a lover and a loving family who decided to end her own life. Apparently no drugs were involved either...if indeed so, then really weird.
The only logical possibility is that she was mentally not OK.

Either way, I feel no sorrow or pity for those who end their own life. I feel/think nothing, good or bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities