U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:23 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,173,988 times

Advertisements

As most of you already know.

Susan Boyle came in 2nd place last night on the highly successful show in England. (Britain's Got Talent)

Do anyone agree with me that Susan will become a Millionaire by the end of this year anyways?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 11:42 AM
tao

720 posts, read 2,917,762 times
I don't think she has anything to worry about:
Boyle backlash -- but Susan set to cash in - CNN.com

Quote:
Boyle could still be the real winner from the series, which became a global hit after clips of her audition of "I Dreamed a Dream" racked up millions of hits on YouTube.

"£6M superstar" said the Sunday Mirror, claiming that "Britain's Got Talent" impresario Simon Cowell plans to take Boyle across the Atlantic to "conquer the U.S."

The News of the World upped Boyle's likely earnings on the back of "Britain's Got Talent" to £8 million ($13 million).

On top of a multi-million dollar record deal and share of album sales, Boyle is also set to earn from a Hollywood movie of her rags-to-riches life, a book deal, and millions more from image rights, endorsements and television appearances, the paper said.

In an interview with the News of the World, Cowell said Boyle could be the biggest star he had ever discovered.

"They don't care in America whether she wins a British TV show -- they care about the woman they saw singing on YouTube," a Cowell insider also told the paper. "If anything, £8 million in her first year might be an underestimate."

Old 05-31-2009, 12:07 PM

65 posts, read 110,351 times
She come successful of course. Everyone like a rag to riches story and people will buy her album even it doesn't sound all that good but to me It seems she can only sing one song which is i dreamed a dream.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:28 PM

2,546 posts, read 5,935,061 times
She should of won first place! Since she didn't though I'm sure she will still get an offer/signed with a record label.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:37 PM
tao

720 posts, read 2,917,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I'm sure she will still get an offer/signed with a record label.
My post above confirmed that Simon Cowell has already signed her for not only a record deal but also a movie, book deal, endorsements, television appearances, and more.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:55 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,833,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
She should of won first place!
No. No she shouldnt have. The group that one first place was far more amazing. Did you see the group that won?

Susan is a good singer and should do very well performing. I doubt that she will ever ever have a CD available. She's more of the perform on broadway stage type singer. I think she's so popular (especially on CD) because she's just like most women who visit here every day - frumpy, older, not attractive, single. But she's become a hero because nearer the downside of her life, she achieved some of the success that she always hoped for. This makes many people connect with her.

The dance group that won was amazing. I mean, they were more amazing than the Jabawakeez (sp). I think the Brits got it right with who won this show.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:57 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,570,408 times
She lost because of her looks. I bet she get some sort of plastic surgery done soon.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,833,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
She lost because of her looks. I bet she get some sort of plastic surgery done soon.
She needs it. The thing is, many of the women who like her will all of a sudden not like her so much if she does that. Some where already complaining that she "changed" by plucking her eyebrows, dressing differently and wearing makeup. If she goes out and gets plastic surgery done the mid-lifers and elderly women who make up her fan base will no longer like her.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:50 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,212,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
She's more of the perform on broadway stage type singer. I think she's so popular (especially on CD) because she's just like most women who visit here every day - frumpy, older, not attractive, single.
Oh Lord help us. You didn't just go there!

Quote:
The dance group that won was amazing.
I do have to agree that the dance group was incredible! I love the tiny little bboy!

YouTube - Diversity: Dance Group - Britain's Got Talent 2009 - The Final

Old 05-31-2009, 03:55 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,297,942 times
Quote:
No. No she shouldnt have. The group that one first place was far more amazing. Did you see the group that won?

Susan is a good singer and should do very well performing. I doubt that she will ever ever have a CD available. She's more of the perform on broadway stage type singer. I think she's so popular (especially on CD) because she's just like most women who visit here every day - frumpy, older, not attractive, single. But she's become a hero because nearer the downside of her life, she achieved some of the success that she always hoped for. This makes many people connect with her.

The dance group that won was amazing. I mean, they were more amazing than the Jabawakeez (sp). I think the Brits got it right with who won this show.
Yet "dance groups" are not easily marketed for profits. How many people will actually pay to see them perform? Add to that, how many people will pay multiple times to see them perform?

Dance groups are not money-makers. The bottom line will be the bottom dollar (or pound).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities