Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:46 PM

8,746 posts, read 8,989,954 times

Advertisements

Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Brittany Spears all top the list for me. Lohan can't act, Hilton doesn't really do anything, and Spears can't sing. After that I would also definitely say Pitt and Jolie. These two are very popular but I honestly can't think of a single film either one of them was in that I thought they did a good job in the role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,136,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
What are some over rated celebs? Which ones do you always hear about but don't seem too great?
Angelina Jolie but of course and Kim Kardashian who is she? everyone likes her because she has a big booty SO????????????????

Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 PM

37,733 posts, read 40,776,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I didn't even know Dane Cook was an actor.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:08 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,835,607 times
Paula Deen

Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,550,400 times
Aren't all celebrities over-rated ?

To me the word celebrity means someone who is famous for being famous but has no discernable talent.

I also tend to find the actors/actresses I see the least in the news, gossip papers etc... tend to be the ones who really are the most talented as well as the most balanced.
The pursuit of celebrity in itself is a turn off.

I appreciate talent . Celebrity leaves me cold. I can't even understand why anyone would actually want to be famous. I can see the rich , the attraction of famous eludes me completely.

Anyone who actually courts the front page is in my opinion by definition a bit of a loser...

Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,114,944 times
indeed they are Moose!! ~ I stand and applaud~ You are 100% correct.
I'll take my middle class,yet normal life over the life of a celebrity any day. Most seem needy,some a bit mentally unbalanced,media hos,divas,sad,unhappy...........I could go on and on. $$$$$$$$ apparently won't buy happiness.
Acting seems like a boring-very boring career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Aren't all celebrities over-rated ?

To me the word celebrity means someone who is famous for being famous but has no discernable talent.

I also tend to find the actors/actresses I see the least in the news, gossip papers etc... tend to be the ones who really are the most talented as well as the most balanced.
The pursuit of celebrity in itself is a turn off.

I appreciate talent . Celebrity leaves me cold. I can't even understand why anyone would actually want to be famous. I can see the rich , the attraction of famous eludes me completely.

Anyone who actually courts the front page is in my opinion by definition a bit of a loser...

Old 06-11-2009, 11:55 PM

8,769 posts, read 10,171,369 times
Rihanna, Britney, Chris Brown, etc.

I refuse to call these reality stars "celebs", more like, some dude or dudette famous because of worshipping youngsters who watch too much MTV.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,114,944 times
Anne Hathaway-Just don't get the attraction or why she ever got a role in any movie.

Same with Jennifer Garner- no talent

Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 AM

707 posts, read 695,625 times
Most celeberties are shallow, self centered, overpaid talking heads who know nothing about reality. So who cares?

Old 06-12-2009, 03:48 AM

58 posts, read 135,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The whole "speidi" thing.

spencer whoever - be gone already I don't get the reality "stars" who have so much ego to think they actually did something talented to be celebs!

they have to go down the dish disposal NOW!
I can not agree with you more. Who is this Spencer dude anyway? Some jerk that gets to act like a cheating boyfriend and all around creep on MTV and now he's on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here acting like an even bigger ass. Did you hear the rap song he released? If only he knew that he was a joke it would save us all from having to see his sorry self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities