Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,158,999 times

Advertisements

very tasteless. New member too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
That's pretty tasteless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 08:16 PM

723 posts, read 1,633,772 times
Well, Excusuuuuuuuuuse Me!

It's just a bleeping joke.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
Well, Excusuuuuuuuuuse Me!

It's just a bleeping joke.
Most of us grew up with Sonny & Cher.
We grew up watching the show, with cutie pie little Chastity melting people's hearts.
We're reminded of that every night on the celebrity news shows; they keep showing clips.

Gypsies, Tramps, Thieves was the 1st 45 I ever owned.

"Chaz" is a few years younger then me. While her announcing she was a lesbian didn't surprise me, I guess I'm having a hard time with this.
I can't imagine why she/he did this so publicly.

Cher hasn't released a statement yet; I kind of hope that she does.. in support of her child. Yes she freaked for a few days when she learned Chaz was gay but what parent expects to hear that. They are close from what I've read.

Does this mean Chaz is not gay?
What does this mean for the gay rights Cher fights for?
Will she change to transgender rights?

I can't imagine what any of them are going through right now.
I keep wishing this was private.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,669,648 times
Wink Whatever starts your motor

Just a side note, I remember when Sonny died, I saw an interview with his sisters and maybe his mom? Anyway, I thought ok that is who Chasity looks like, the aunts were replicas of her.
I always thought she got the short end of the stick when it came to the looks department, I mean when your mom looks like Cher, be tough to stand next to here at a photo op

Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I guess I'm having a hard time with this.

Cher hasn't released a statement yet; I kind of hope that she does.. in support of her child. Yes she freaked for a few days when she learned Chaz was gay but what parent expects to hear that. They are close from what I've read.

Once Chassity starts taking the testosterone for a while (she started in January), she will grow facial hair, her voice will deepen, and she will take on characteristics that are very obviously male. She is announcing the transition publicly because she is in the face of the public, and it is better to tell people in your own words than have things leak into the media via rumor and speculation.

Yes, transitioning means Chaz is heterosexual and no longer a lesbian. I'm sure Cher will support both gay and transgender rights. Why would she not?

If Chaz is transgender, she will feel much more comfortable being a man, so the change is positive. It will also put a public face on the transgender issue.

W.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 AM

897 posts, read 2,824,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Most of us grew up with Sonny & Cher.
We grew up watching the show, with cutie pie little Chastity melting people's hearts.
We're reminded of that every night on the celebrity news shows; they keep showing clips.

Gypsies, Tramps, Thieves was the 1st 45 I ever owned.

"Chaz" is a few years younger then me. While her announcing she was a lesbian didn't surprise me, I guess I'm having a hard time with this.

Great post! My sentiments as well.

I am sure this will be a struggle for Cher as well, like when Chastity came out as a lesbian. As I read somewhere before, and I agree with the statement, that it must be very difficult for ANY parent to acknowledge and accept the child they gave birth to is actually NOT the person they brought into this World. I certainly cannot imagine, as a parent, how I would react. Loving your child for who you know they are is a given, but when that changes that has got to stir up some pretty raw emotions, regardless of how "open minded" you are.

I agree about the privacy issue as well. This is definely one of those times that a fight for "the cause" really isn't worth it IMO. I really don't see what bringing the public into this will accomplish.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
My guess is while she may or may not have preferred privacy, she has never had it in her life so it really isn't a choice at this point. If she had tried to do it quietly/privately, it would have even been greater tabloid fodder than it will undoubtedly be anyway. If you know it's going to be "out there" you may as well have some control over what is being said.....
I hope she finds the peace she wants. (sorry, just can't think of her as a "him" yet).

Old 06-15-2009, 02:28 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,460,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
Who knew that Cher was singing the song "Half Breed" about her daughter? Half boy/half girl.
Aww man....you made me chuckle.

Some people take people's posts way too seriously.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 PM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
My guess is while she may or may not have preferred privacy, she has never had it in her life so it really isn't a choice at this point. If she had tried to do it quietly/privately, it would have even been greater tabloid fodder than it will undoubtedly be anyway. If you know it's going to be "out there" you may as well have some control over what is being said.....
I hope she finds the peace she wants. (sorry, just can't think of her as a "him" yet).
I don't see it that way..
Cher is in the public eye, I don't see a lot of Chaz in the press/mags.
I don't think anyone would write a story wondering what happened to her if we don't hear about her for a few years.
We don't see the boy at all.

There are a lot of transgendered people fighting for the cause. They've said they wonder why Chaz did it this way as well since it's not an easy process emotionally to begin with.

If this brings him/her peace then I'm happy for him/her. She/he isn't hurting me by wanting to change sex.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
One thing Cher misses out on is having a girly-girl daughter to go shopping for clothes will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities