Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:28 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times

Advertisements

I've always heard that Ron Howard, Tom Hanks and Jeff Bridges were nice guys. Look how long they've been married & notice that their children are never involved in scandals even though two of these stars were Hollywood kids themselves.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
OMG they are just people. Don't treat or idolize them any other way. The only difference is ...they make more money then us and everyone knows who they are.
Ohh come on, you know you have a list.

Here's my list:

Roman Polanski
Snoop Dogg
Wody Allen
Jack Nicholson
Keifer Sutherland
OJ Simpson
Kanye West

Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM

850 posts, read 1,545,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Ohh come on, you know you have a list.

Here's my list:

Roman Polanski
Snoop Dogg
Wody Allen
Jack Nicholson
Keifer Sutherland
OJ Simpson
Kanye West

I have met my share and they were cool, but are they paying my bills? NOPE..why would I care...once they start supporting me financially then I will care.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:00 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
I have met my share and they were cool, but are they paying my bills? NOPE..why would I care...once they start supporting me financially then I will care.
Actually if you look at my list, you'll see I agree with you.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,223,592 times
I heard that Michael J Fox was an arse! He used to have a place in my state...maybe battling a disease has humbled him.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Tori Spelling.
you make me laugh

Old 10-02-2009, 09:13 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
Rosario Dawson seems like she would be a cool person to know

Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
Growing up in Southern CAlifornia and a few times went to movie sets, never met a actor/actress that were approachable. They all seem standoffish unless they know you. One time I went to a movie set of a really well known actress that was famous in the 50's and 60's and 70's. She was rude to my friend and her daughter was a stuck up witch. You never hear about her son or daughter these days. She is no longer with us but at the time she had broken her leg in a skiing accident. I had met a few people that a family member was good friends with a movie star. Gee, I wonder if I had millions, and I was well k nown would I be friendly? I doubt it.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,461 times
Yeah I agree, Michael J Fox he is cool guy
Here are some others that I think are so down to earth:
Conan O'Brien
Jennifer Garner (I feel sorry for her cause she seems always followed by the paparazzi)
Reese Witherspoon
Denzel Washington
Drew Barrymore
Matt Lauer (he may be only a newscaster but some consider him a celeb and I think that he is the best newscaster on TV because he seems so meek and down to earth)
Lauren Graham (the lead on Gilmore Girls)
Blake Lively (seems like a down to earth spunky kind of young actress)

Last edited by 8palmtrees; 10-05-2009 at 09:52 PM..

Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM

480 posts, read 877,866 times
I think people are a little hard on the celebrities who are "standoffish." I can't imagine what it must be like to walk down a busy street and have every person you see want to strike up a conversation with you. Plus, many of these celebrities have had bad experiences with over-zealous fans, stalkers even.

One of my brush-with-celebrity experiences. We were visiting Chicago and after a Cubs game went to Harry Caray's, where the wait for a table was about an hour long. Mr. Caray himself came in to eat and was promptly seated at a table (I don't begrudge him that at all; it's HIS place). The hostess announced to all in the restaurant that Mr. Caray would be happy to sign autographs, but that when his dinner arrived he asked that he and the rest of his party be allowed to dine in peace and privacy. Everyone got into an orderly line and he signed autographs until the last child in line got his autograph, a few minutes after the food was placed on Mr. Caray's table. Then everyone left him alone to dine and chat with his friends. I thought he handled it well and left his "fans" feeling good about the experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities